Home

Madden videos....the good and bad

This is a discussion on Madden videos....the good and bad within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-09-2017, 06:37 PM   #33
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Madden videos....the good and bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedGreen710
Here's another, all he had to do was run to daylight but instead he tries a juke..

The annoying thing about this is its all fixable through ratings changes too... Higher BC Vision with low spin moves and it looks 1000x better. I don't understand how they can't figure that out and make changes easily. The problem though with editing like that though is when a user uses that player he can't make the moves he should be able too. So, not sure how they fix it to appease both user and cpu AI. I hate that stuff though and it totally takes you out of being immersed in a game. Kickoff returns are the worst with them running straight ahead full steam into a wall! LOL! Let alone the bad play calling by cpu ai and dumb qb ai in the patriot video its obvious this game was not tuned from a CPU AI standpoint and is strictly designed for head to head... Thankfully I'm a online league guy strictly now because of things like this...
Old 08-09-2017, 11:46 PM   #34
MVP

noplace's Arena

OVR: 13

Little improvements here and there but still too much of the same. Very annoying animations, player movement, tackling and scripted pre and post play scenes. Looks no different from all the other maddens in that area. EA better be glad they have no competition..

Sent from my STV100-2 using Operation Sports mobile app

Nebraska Cornhuskers
Washington Redskins
Miami Heat
Old 08-10-2017, 12:00 AM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 6

Must say Madden looks very fluid this year.

Probably the best it has since well forever.

Everything seems super smooth,and polished.

Blocking looks very good.

I don't know what difficulty level the YouTube video was played on,but didn't seem like the pass rush was aggressive,and seemed to be OFFENSE friendly.

It seemed as if the receivers,were given way too much leeway..too much cushion.

I must say the offense looks great seems like you have amazing control over the players ..and they actually LOOK like they're live and not being canned animations.

Major kudos to Madden for that,because honestly series been crap for ages.

Does the offense look so smooth because the defense is lacking??? Good thing is,guess that it could always be fined tuned via a patch,assuming it's not a fundamental thing needs to be retooled completely.

Hopefully Madden. Can return to Glory,maybe LIVE too..sadly I play on P.C so I'm on the outside looking in.

Please realize this is coming from someone who hasn't played Madden in years,and I'm basing off of many hours of watching people play Madden 17 on twitch,YouTube.

Still very happy for you guys and cannot wait to read reactions first impressions...O.S forums are the 🍻

Sent from my SM-T800 using Operation Sports mobile app

Last edited by nuttyrich; 08-10-2017 at 12:09 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2017, 12:08 AM   #36
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

OVR: 0

There is still some AI improvements needed, and the players again seem to look "light" in tackle animations; no weight or momentum.

Zones may need improving but will wait to play it.

I love target passing from what I have seen; there shouldn't be ratings attached to the system because from what I have read and heard from Rex, it is a competition feature first and the skill is in moving the reticle properly and then creating ur own outcomes.
Old 08-10-2017, 12:11 AM   #37
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
There is still some AI improvements needed, and the players again seem to look "light" in tackle animations; no weight or momentum.

Zones may need improving but will wait to play it.

I love target passing from what I have seen; there shouldn't be ratings attached to the system because from what I have read and heard from Rex, it is a competition feature first and the skill is in moving the reticle properly and then creating ur own outcomes.
I'm thinking the target passing,is what makes the game seem more offense friendly? The idea you can go deep..but have to time it,looks natural,but also can kill a drive if you time it wrong and gets an INT.

Do you think the reason it looks like the QB has more time is because of Target passing..?Blocking looks wonderful.🍻

Old 08-10-2017, 12:30 AM   #38
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuttyrich
I'm thinking the target passing,is what makes the game seem more offense friendly? The idea you can go deep..but have to time it,looks natural,but also can kill a drive if you time it wrong and gets an INT.

Do you think the reason it looks like the QB has more time is because of Target passing..?Blocking looks wonderful.��

I have been wondering the same things as far as blocking and zones in regards to target passing. But then if the changes to zones were because of target passing across the board, all game modes, then that would counter the claim that target passing was meant more for the competitive community.

though executives make decisions at times that are not always in tune with the plans and intentions of others.

I would say they need to tighten zones for SIM especially, and maybe a little less tightening on competitive. then maybe keep arcade where it is now.
Old 08-10-2017, 12:43 AM   #39
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
I have been wondering the same things as far as blocking and zones in regards to target passing. But then if the changes to zones were because of target passing across the board, all game modes, then that would counter the claim that target passing was meant more for the competitive community.

though executives make decisions at times that are not always in tune with the plans and intentions of others.

I would say they need to tighten zones for SIM especially, and maybe a little less tightening on competitive. then maybe keep arcade where it is now.
I'm thinking that too more a bit arcade right now,but with some SIM involved.

I think this game will be very fun,but for pure SIM people..(Playing for a SIM experience not simmimg games).

I hope that makes sense..a person playing every game..will probably have tons of TDS and tons of INT that would seem arcade LEVEL..but during the game it would actually be FUN...stats wouldn't be SIM like.

Just watching the video..I see the target passing the guy is saying my guy is wide open deep..and waits a few seconds to throw the ball..is he just bad at knowing when to throw,or is that how the Precision works and takes MORE time.

Therefore,QB is needing a lot more time to throw those deep balls.

I'm thinking here right now,Madden might be amazingly fun,and seem great IN Game,but when you go to stats..and see leaders..it will looks very crazy.

Also what about the people who play some of the season and SIM some games,man those stats will be so skewed.

THINK about the CPU controlled teams and stats...they will be NOTHING close to what the USER stats will be. I see that being a major major​ problem.

I don't recall Madden being a great SIM while playing for years,last time I remember was before NEXT GEN.

I'm talking complete SIM, where offensive was proper,and man defense was FUN to play.

Just rambling,hope it's great..maybe they should have arcade mode and pure SIM mode.

I think after all these years you guys are OWED that. 🍻

Old 08-10-2017, 12:57 AM   #40
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuttyrich
I'm thinking that too more a bit arcade right now,but with some SIM involved.

I think this game will be very fun,but for pure SIM people..(Playing for a SIM experience not simmimg games).

I hope that makes sense..a person playing every game..will probably have tons of TDS and tons of INT that would seem arcade LEVEL..but during the game it would actually be FUN...stats wouldn't be SIM like.

Just watching the video..I see the target passing the guy is saying my guy is wide open deep..and waits a few seconds to throw the ball..is he just bad at knowing when to throw,or is that how the Precision works and takes MORE time.

Therefore,QB is needing a lot more time to throw those deep balls.

I'm thinking here right now,Madden might be amazingly fun,and seem great IN Game,but when you go to stats..and see leaders..it will looks very crazy.

Also what about the people who play some of the season and SIM some games,man those stats will be so skewed.

THINK about the CPU controlled teams and stats...they will be NOTHING close to what the USER stats will be. I see that being a major major​ problem.

I don't recall Madden being a great SIM while playing for years,last time I remember was before NEXT GEN.

I'm talking complete SIM, where offensive was proper,and man defense was FUN to play.

Just rambling,hope it's great..maybe they should have arcade mode and pure SIM mode.

I think after all these years you guys are OWED that.

That's just it, they DO have an arcade and a SIM mode. However, apparently, their version of sim seems to differ greatly from mine!!

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »