Home

Broncos vs Raiders - Sim Mode (Snow) Simfballcritic

This is a discussion on Broncos vs Raiders - Sim Mode (Snow) Simfballcritic within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-11-2017, 03:44 AM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Broncos vs Raiders - Sim Mode (Snow) Simfballcritic

Looks like once again playing man is going to be pointless. Constantly watching people run open against the no fly zone means playing man is not worth it and hearing zone is being weakened means no playing defense.

Nice to see QBs miss their target and blocking looks improved but unless is a video where playing man defense will force qbs to thread the needle instead of the automatic press man results in steak for TD in probably going to skip this year's madden

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2017, 06:07 AM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 3

Broncos have one of the best defenses in the league, now I understand Marshawn doing work but in real life Broncos man up most of the time to much success and have the best secondary in the league. I see Chris Harris getting torched easily and only got the pic because of user error, also no pressure from either edges at all which is needed for man defense, seems computer pass rush is non existent yet again. They really change nothing under the hood of this game, smh.
Old 08-11-2017, 07:10 AM   #27
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bnyce
Broncos have one of the best defenses in the league, now I understand Marshawn doing work but in real life Broncos man up most of the time to much success and have the best secondary in the league. I see Chris Harris getting torched easily and only got the pic because of user error, also no pressure from either edges at all which is needed for man defense, seems computer pass rush is non existent yet again. They really change nothing under the hood of this game, smh.
We need to make it loud and clear that we want better edge pressure. This is still unacceptable in terms of edge pressure, even if the product looks better.

Hopefully this is something they can fix in a tuning update for simulation mode.

But the real problem is AI. If its man vs cpu, the cpu should not be leaving Cooper 1 v1 without help. I don't care if it's Harris or not. Even the best corners get toasted by good wrs without help. Even Sherman in 2013 had help from the FS. There are no Deion Sanders' anymore. The cpu AI needs to understand this.

And cover 0 cannot work without pressure, which appears to still be too weak.

Last edited by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞; 08-11-2017 at 07:14 AM.
Old 08-11-2017, 07:27 AM   #28
MVP

Americas Team's Arena

Re: SimFTballcritic Sim Gameplay Raiders vs Broncos

Quote:
Originally Posted by howboutdat
i think you mean , he was getting blocked by much improved blocking....
@07:45
Nah, all the left defensive end had to do was turn back inside towards the Qb for an easy sack, instead he was glued to the offensive tackle.
Old 08-11-2017, 07:29 AM   #29
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞
We need to make it loud and clear that we want better edge pressure. This is still unacceptable in terms of edge pressure, even if the product looks better.

Hopefully this is something they can fix in a tuning update for simulation mode.

But the real problem is AI. If its man vs cpu, the cpu should not be leaving Cooper 1 v1 without help. I don't care if it's Harris or not. Even the best corners get toasted by good wrs without help. Even Sherman in 2013 had help from the FS. There are no Deion Sanders' anymore. The cpu AI needs to understand this.

And cover 0 cannot work without pressure, which appears to still be too weak.
I saw Clint mentioning on twitter that they created the formula for disengaging/time in the pocket based on PFF data saying that the best pass rushers ever only get pressure on about 15% of snaps.

But the issue with that is that average Madden gamer takes much longer to release the ball than the worst NFL QB ever (maybe not Tebow) would. If a real NFL QB would hold the ball like Madden players do, there would be pressure on every single down.

They need to tune pressure by looking at their own metrics and not PFF/NFL data. Hopefully the pass blocking slider is working properly so that we can "fix" this ourselves.
Old 08-11-2017, 07:49 AM   #30

m1ke_nyc's Arena

OVR: 7

This video looked way better than the others.
Old 08-11-2017, 08:10 AM   #31
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdm27
I saw Clint mentioning on twitter that they created the formula for disengaging/time in the pocket based on PFF data saying that the best pass rushers ever only get pressure on about 15% of snaps.

But the issue with that is that average Madden gamer takes much longer to release the ball than the worst NFL QB ever (maybe not Tebow) would. If a real NFL QB would hold the ball like Madden players do, there would be pressure on every single down.

They need to tune pressure by looking at their own metrics and not PFF/NFL data. Hopefully the pass blocking slider is working properly so that we can "fix" this ourselves.
Yes. Going by statistics alone is foolish. The entire point of rhythm passing is to get the ball out before the pressure arrives, which is precisely why great pass rushers only get near the qb 3 in 20 rushes.

In other words, most pass rushers need only 4 or 5 seconds to get to the qb on almost any play, but the average qb gets the ball out in 3 seconds or less.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2017, 09:38 AM   #32
Banned

mhayden614's Arena

Was pretty happy with this video. I'm assuming the game speed is on normal, I think a slower game speed will help look even more realistic.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »