Home

Ponder of the day: If the internet didn't exist, would people still be complaining?

This is a discussion on Ponder of the day: If the internet didn't exist, would people still be complaining? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-13-2017, 11:00 AM   #25
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Ponder of the day: If the internet didn't exist, would people still be complainin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba2011
I was a gamer long before the internet existed and yes people still complained. The difference is the platforms in which they complained. In those days it was more of either a talk among friends or you would write a letter to your favorite gaming magazine. But there was no such thing as a patch or a title update, you had to play the broken mess for what it was and wait for the next game to launch and hope it was fixed. It was also a lot harder to figure out what new games to buy. You had to wait for the magazines to review them which could take over a month or try to rent it at the video rental store (which was always hit or miss).
The good old days of standing in blockbuster deciding which game to rent. Don't forget to ask the nerd at the counter if there was any games in the drop box. It just didnt seem like such a big deal then. If it sucked you just turned it in the next day and moved on. You could even try a different football game! As i have gotten older the number of games i have any interest in has decreased and the ones i do have interest in no longer have much interest in me. I have become the wrong demographic. COD is coming out with a game with no jump packs so that is something for an old man to look forward to.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2017, 07:04 PM   #26
MVP

Kaanyr Vhok's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Ponder of the day: If the internet didn't exist, would people still be complainin

Maybe I'm old but Madden in the late mid to late 90s and early 2000s went sour so I stopped playing it. I play Madden 18 because I consider it to be better than the crap from the mid to late 90s and most of the 2000s.

Madden 92 & 93 were imo great for their time and Madden 99-2003 were good for their time. Didnt care much for the others and didn't play them much as consequence. 17 and 18 are good for their time. I thought Gameday and 2k were better than Madden for most if not all of 97 to 2005.

Last edited by Kaanyr Vhok; 10-13-2017 at 07:08 PM.
Old 10-13-2017, 07:24 PM   #27
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

If the internet didn't exist, MUT most likely wouldn't exist so CFM would be light years ahead of what we have
Old 10-13-2017, 07:38 PM   #28
MVP

prey2god's Arena

Technically this is a moot point because if internet didn't exist, patches wouldn't exist as well.
Old 10-15-2017, 10:15 AM   #29
Rookie

mlb61's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GisherJohn24
Yeah, video games have problems. Madden 18 has problems. But were people doing this complaining in the real world when the internet wasn't quite what it is today? I remember those money plays in Madden and it got me irate playing Madden in the 90's and early 2000's. But truth? i still loved what I had. I had football. I could take control of my sad sack brownies and be okay with the issues on money plays and nano glitchs and so on. The internet just has become a tyrade of complaining IMO. So if the internet didn't exist, would anyone know how "bad" Madden 18 allegedly is? Or would it still be the most popular sports game on the earth?
The complaints here are drenched with so much animus that I truly suspect without the internet to give voice to their rants, some of these "fellows" would head down to the local bar, get soused as they ranted to each other, then head home and beat the wife and kids. Not trying to be humorous.
Old 10-15-2017, 12:18 PM   #30
Rookie

JasonZimmerman's Arena

I’ll catch myself complaining, or in the middle of a debate about a game and I have to quit, because all in all, the games are bad ***! I remember growing up, saying “wouldn’t it be cool if they made a game with real people, announcing, and fields”?! Well we have that and more, the games truly are brilliant looking. When my wife walks in and asks “is that your game”? When someone walks in and can’t tell if it’s a game or not. They’ve done their job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-15-2017, 11:40 PM   #31
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GisherJohn24
Yeah, video games have problems. Madden 18 has problems. But were people doing this complaining in the real world when the internet wasn't quite what it is today? I remember those money plays in Madden and it got me irate playing Madden in the 90's and early 2000's. But truth? i still loved what I had. I had football. I could take control of my sad sack brownies and be okay with the issues on money plays and nano glitchs and so on. The internet just has become a tyrade of complaining IMO. So if the internet didn't exist, would anyone know how "bad" Madden 18 allegedly is? Or would it still be the most popular sports game on the earth?
They'd be wondering what happened to 2K.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2017, 12:03 AM   #32
Rookie

DocZulu's Arena

Yes, without the internet, people would be critical of the game, and yes, people would complain.

I still recall some of the problems with Madden 99, Madden 2005 (which I loved) and Madden 25 (a version of the game that I hated).

The 'net has forced greater accountability from developers. Even when we feel like we are being mislead--or, worse, when we are lied to--it is based off of a developer feeling as if he must respond.

Because if they remain silent they know that they will be hit with a backlash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaanyr Vhok
Maybe I'm old but Madden in the late mid to late 90s and early 2000s went sour so I stopped playing it. I play Madden 18 because I consider it to be better than the crap from the mid to late 90s and most of the 2000s.

Madden 92 & 93 were imo great for their time and Madden 99-2003 were good for their time. Didnt care much for the others and didn't play them much as consequence. 17 and 18 are good for their time. I thought Gameday and 2k were better than Madden for most if not all of 97 to 2005.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »