Home

Possible fix to broken read option through ratings edits

This is a discussion on Possible fix to broken read option through ratings edits within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-10-2018, 07:49 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 15
Possible fix to broken read option through ratings edits

Read option is broken this year because uncovered defensive ends are able to play both the qb keep and the handoff if they crash in on the rb (in older games they could only play the handoff if they crashed in). I edited defensive ends and edge rushers awr down to 49 and now they react closer to what they used to.

It doesn't have a huge effect on overall rating, but j haven't tested it out in live gameplay. I figure it will only edit down DEs who are lower than 90 overall since it makes sense to scheme away from elite defensive ends. I also don't know how it may affect sim stats. I've never done major ratings adjustments before so anyone with experience on getting this right feel free to help.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2018, 08:11 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 1
Re: Possible fix to broken read option through ratings edits

Quote:
Originally Posted by feeq14
Read option is broken this year because uncovered defensive ends are able to play both the qb keep and the handoff if they crash in on the rb (in older games they could only play the handoff if they crashed in). I edited defensive ends and edge rushers awr down to 49 and now they react closer to what they used to.

It doesn't have a huge effect on overall rating, but j haven't tested it out in live gameplay. I figure it will only edit down DEs who are lower than 90 overall since it makes sense to scheme away from elite defensive ends. I also don't know how it may affect sim stats. I've never done major ratings adjustments before so anyone with experience on getting this right feel free to help.
What rosters do you play with?

I still have yet to experience this "broken" aspect of the game. But I also play with another users edited traits roster. Maybe it's a trait issue. Not sure

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Old 09-10-2018, 09:58 PM   #3
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juve
What rosters do you play with?

I still have yet to experience this "broken" aspect of the game. But I also play with another users edited traits roster. Maybe it's a trait issue. Not sure

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
I don't play with special rosters. Look my other thread for an explanation of how the read option isn't working
Old 09-11-2018, 01:03 AM   #4
MVP

underdog13's Arena

OVR: 0

I suffered what the OP is talking about. But I always assumed it was due to a high ovr player making a good play.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Old 09-11-2018, 10:41 AM   #5
MVP

For anyone confused about the problem with the read option this year check the video in the first post of this thread.

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...on-broken.html
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2018, 03:53 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0

Noticed any improvements in the read option with the roster editing? I found that changing the speed parity scale helped some.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »