Home

X-Factor and Superstar abilities: I was wrong.

This is a discussion on X-Factor and Superstar abilities: I was wrong. within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-14-2019, 09:15 PM   #1
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31
X-Factor and Superstar abilities: I was wrong.

So I was pretty wrong about the X-Factor stuff. I thought it'd be a gimmick and a minigame. For me, as a franchise guy, it brings flavor to the players beyond ratings. Von Miller is a beast. Stars and X-Factors are forces on the field and I take notice. It's not overpowered, so far as I can see. But stars are stars now.

I dig it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2019, 10:46 PM   #2
Pro

sinthros's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: X-Factor and Superstar abilities: I was wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
So I was pretty wrong about the X-Factor stuff. I thought it'd be a gimmick and a minigame. For me, as a franchise guy, it brings flavor to the players beyond ratings. Von Miller is a beast. Stars and X-Factors are forces on the field and I take notice. It's not overpowered, so far as I can see. But stars are stars now.

I dig it.
Hit stick/pass rush ones are OP in my opinion. Other than that, yes, I like the concept of them a lot. Adds more personality. Khalil Mack feels like Khalil Mack.
Old 08-14-2019, 11:16 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

It’s a little overpowered but not as much as I thought it would be.

Some abilities are better than others
Old 08-15-2019, 02:09 AM   #4
Rookie

Gonna file this one under "Idk what game you're playing" had the Falcons safety who has the hit stick x-factor force fumbles on 4 straight possessions....caught it on stream too. Game is better with that nonsense turned off.
Old 08-15-2019, 03:30 AM   #5
Rookie

ednaaard's Arena

Agreed, it’s been a superb edition. The ratings spread and these X-Factors have made me take notice. Whenever I face DeMarcus Lawrence, Von Miller or Khalil Mack I’m usually keeping my running back in and shifting my line over to their side.

It’s really makes a difference.

I’m not worried about the OP ones at the moment. EA will get that right in patches. It was never going to be perfect on day one.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2019, 04:12 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 6

You are actually wrong about being wrong. It is way overpowered. Seahawks have a SS with the hit stick ability and whatever Bobby Wagner has...8 forced fumbles in one game, and that's with an x-factor RB. It's to the point where I won't hand the ball off when I play them, and on the rare occasion that I do I try and jump on the ground before I get hit sticked and fumble. Last game I played them I had 8 rushing attempts and 3 fumbles (all lost fumbles because the offensive guys don't scramble for the ball). My running back has more fumbles than any TEAM in the league. Pressing the secure ball button does nothing, changing the fumble sliders does nothing.
Old 08-15-2019, 08:10 AM   #7
Rookie

DatsunDimer's Arena

I believe it is more of a CPU hit stick issue compounded by the Big Hitter trait. I just lost to the Cowboys because I lost 4 of 5 fumbles. Forced by X.Woods(2), J.Smith (2), and D.Lawrence (1). I had ball carrier on conservative and tried to cover the best I could, but the CPU seems to land hit sticks at a nearly flawless rate.
Old 08-15-2019, 09:04 AM   #8
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28

It needs to be toned down especially if you are a franchise player. Not all of them but pass rushers especially. And before you tell me how to keep extra blockers in and slide protection I'm not bitching about taking sacks. It's the CPU.

I play as the Bears and Mack just hit 50 sacks with two games left to play. I play All Pro almost default sliders. I never user Mack either. He is just overpowered. As are the other elite pass rushers. Keep em dominant, but they need to be toned down. He gets 3-8 sacks every damn game.

Big hitters don't bother me as much. The crazy stiff arm ability should be knocked down a little too IMO.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »