Home

What really needs to happen for Madden to improve?

This is a discussion on What really needs to happen for Madden to improve? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 06-21-2020, 04:18 AM   #41
World Series Champions!!

Cubfan's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: What really needs to happen for Madden to improve?

For those in the suits and ties to let the developers make the game that is for more than just the MUT and tournament crowed. If the developers weren't handcuffed we would have a better game in several areas.
NBA: Chicago Bulls
NCAA: Iowa Hawkeyes
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2020, 08:29 AM   #42
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremeDunkz
2k franchise embarrasses Madden on a level that should be illegal and has for years. The depth and customization is what should be expected of Madden. You can literally see everything from stats back to the NBAs inception to power rankings from multiple sources, mock drafts, all star voting, full player injury history and susceptibility to future injuries. It makes me mad just thinking about what we are missing out on by not having competetion.
I agree 100% but competition is not what is driving 2k. EA's multiple attempts at a basketball game was never competition. What 2k has done is do what it takes to sell games then try to make additional money on the micro transactions once they sell the game. EA has given gamers a deep franchise mode while still making money on Ultimate Teams, it's called FIFA.

The Madden team needs to pay the FIFA team a visit so they can see you can give gamers both worlds. While not every franchise gamer is going to play the other modes but some will. The more games you sell the great chance you have at selling the additional content these sports games push.

At this point I see the issue with the current Madden team. They show us franchise junkies with each cycle we are not important to them. At times I stop to think that can't be the case that you would tell thousands of people you don't want their business. I then think maybe this team just doesn't have the ability to make a quality franchise mode like FIFA, 2k, or The Show has. What ever the case is we franchise lovers of football games are left wanting.
Old 06-21-2020, 08:42 AM   #43
Pro

brobamigo's Arena

OVR: 0

Scrap the entire gameplay engine and rebuild from the ground up. Hopefully they’ve been working on this already but i have my doubts. Until they do we will have the same running/tackling animations. There is no reason on this should be an issue in 2020. If it takes a year and all we get is a port in for next gen this year I’m ok with that. I haven’t enjoyed a madden game in a long time
Old 06-21-2020, 10:11 PM   #44
Rookie

ChangeUp106's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrew2411
I agree 100% but competition is not what is driving 2k. EA's multiple attempts at a basketball game was never competition. What 2k has done is do what it takes to sell games then try to make additional money on the micro transactions once they sell the game. EA has given gamers a deep franchise mode while still making money on Ultimate Teams, it's called FIFA.

The Madden team needs to pay the FIFA team a visit so they can see you can give gamers both worlds. While not every franchise gamer is going to play the other modes but some will. The more games you sell the great chance you have at selling the additional content these sports games push.

I usually just lurk, but I can't let this slide. FIFA, especially Career Mode, is in as bad a state, if not worse, than Madden. FIFA 20 Career Mode didn't even work until Christmas and the game came out in September (and even then I use the term "work" loosely).

Calling FIFA Career Mode "deep" is, with respect, laughable. I have no idea where one would even get that idea. The game has suffered from the same fate as Madden with features being removed over the years for...well who knows why. If Madden's Franchise mode is dead, FIFA's is already buried and long rotted away at this point.

I continually see the Madden community praise FIFA and want Madden to be more like FIFA. No, you don't. The FIFA model of FUT-first is what poisoned Madden and the rest of EA Sports' games. Madden, FIFA, NHL...we're all in the same boat right now and it's not good .
Old 06-22-2020, 07:29 AM   #45
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChangeUp106
I usually just lurk, but I can't let this slide. FIFA, especially Career Mode, is in as bad a state, if not worse, than Madden. FIFA 20 Career Mode didn't even work until Christmas and the game came out in September (and even then I use the term "work" loosely).

Calling FIFA Career Mode "deep" is, with respect, laughable. I have no idea where one would even get that idea. The game has suffered from the same fate as Madden with features being removed over the years for...well who knows why. If Madden's Franchise mode is dead, FIFA's is already buried and long rotted away at this point.

I continually see the Madden community praise FIFA and want Madden to be more like FIFA. No, you don't. The FIFA model of FUT-first is what poisoned Madden and the rest of EA Sports' games. Madden, FIFA, NHL...we're all in the same boat right now and it's not good .
I can't speak for FIFA 20, I buy sports games on a 2-3 year cycle. I do have FIFA 19 which I still enjoy playing. I use the term "deep" based on a franchise/career modes long term playability. When I buy FIFA or NBA 2k I end up playing 5+ years into the mode, where as in Madden I can not get past year 2 and restart over and over.

I get that people have issues with the other games I mentioned just like people have issues with Madden. At the end of the day we all want to have a enjoyable game. For me I am looking for Madden to offer me a more deeper franchise mode like I find in other sports titles.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2020, 10:38 AM   #46
Banned

tuckermaine's Arena

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url=...AAAAAdAAAAABAb

Better game....
Old 06-22-2020, 12:00 PM   #47
Banned

Nothing can be done. EA is complete trash.
Old 06-22-2020, 01:29 PM   #48
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChangeUp106

I have to agree with this. FIFA is in an awful state. The gameplay is completely catered to online players (to Madden guys, imagine being forced to play Madden only in comp mode...yes, it's THAT dumbed-down). Frankly speaking, if it weren't for a handful of folks doing slider work, the gameplay would be unbearable for true fans of soccer. FIFA's career mode has been barely touched for years (far moreso than Madden's). Yes, there are a couple of things in FIFA that Madden doesn't have; but nothing that fundamentally makes the mode better.

I understand that the 'grass is greener' on the other side, but....you do NOT want Madden to go down FIFA's path.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »