Home

Why do us franchise players keep playing franchise?

This is a discussion on Why do us franchise players keep playing franchise? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 12-29-2021, 03:55 AM   #1
Rookie

mdotjenkins's Arena

OVR: 0
Why do us franchise players keep playing franchise?

Even tho I could rant for hours about how terrible this game is, I can’t stop playing it. I’m a huge fan of Mr. Hurriicane and I live for his CPU v CPU games and series. I’ve probably logged hundreds maybe thousands of hours in my own cpu v cpu franchises over these last two maddens because of his series. Even with all its glitches, bugs, and lack of franchise features, I get some enjoyment out of building my team and letting the CPU control and play for me. I just won the super bowl for the first time with Jalen Hurts and the eagles, albeit, after a restart because screen passes are broken cpu v cpu, and I got pick sixed on one to cap off a 21 point comeback by the Steelers, but I digress. I can’t quite understand why I keep booting up the ole Xbox, and starting madden just to watch the same stuff over and over. I just wanna know, what brings you guys back to the game? Is it your love of football, your attachment to your players in your franchises, or is it because you actually enjoy the game and have fun playing it, or is it for another reason?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-29-2021, 06:49 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Why do us franchise players keep playing franchise?

The love for football plain and simple.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

― Plato
Old 12-29-2021, 07:09 AM   #3
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

What other option do I have? I still play APF2k8 but the lack of franchise and things like option plays make it a bummer
Old 12-29-2021, 08:13 AM   #4
Rookie

lowndsy's Arena

OVR: 2

I love CPU vs CPU it has faults sure but it is a beautiful watch, I enjoy watching rookies or players who I have changed there position and how they get on. It could be better but it is the best for long long time. I even like the new scouting system.
Old 12-29-2021, 09:19 AM   #5
Rookie

Dsabol715's Arena

my love for football. I admit that I usually fall out of playing the game by the time the Super Bowl is over (and then the Show comes out) but this year, I'm enjoying Madden more than I have in years. It's not perfect for sure but it's enough to keep me going. I stopped playing NHL a few years ago too so it's just Madden/the Show when it comes to sports games for me now. I also switched permanently to playing offense only in my franchise and streamlining the game has added so much more fun; not complaining about a 3rd string QB looking like Favre out there helps!
Pokemon LeafGreen

Teams:
New York Jets
New York Mets
Philadelphia Flyers
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-29-2021, 09:44 AM   #6
Rookie

loungefly85's Arena

I like football. I like video games. Madden ain't perfect, but it's all we got. Trust me, if there was a better (or any other) football game out there I'd leave Madden in the dust.

As for as franchise? Well, I'm sure as hell not going to play their little card collecting, online fake team modes, so I might as well play a mode that I can keep playing and progressing.

And oddly enough, yeah, I do get attached to certain players. I drafted a MLB in the 4th round and built him into an all-pro stud after a few seasons.
Old 12-29-2021, 10:06 AM   #7
Rookie

PunkMonk's Arena

Mods on PC version keep me playing.
I keep saying it, but, you guys really need to play on PC. So many of the issues people experience are improved or fixed.

Custom stadiums
Customized/tuned gameplay
Improved AI team management
Overhauled Progression system
Custom uniforms/cleats/gloves/etc
CBS/ESPN/NBC/FOX network mods
Revamped scouting system
Reworked morale system
Improved AI team building
Etc
Old 12-29-2021, 01:48 PM   #8
Rookie

I dont know man. Im a franchise guy through and through. Play mainly madden and mlb the show franchises. I think i like madden becasue its easy to pick up n play for a casual fan. I like the fact that the seasons are short only 17 games and i can really create my own world going through multiple seasons. The gameplay is far from great but its serviceable....and the features are much more plentiful than MLB. Being able to relocate...or change prices is very neat....even tho it hasnt changed in years its still better than MLB. As far as other franchise modes I love NCAA football because of the constant roster turnover and the great AI (army drafting scrambling QBS staying true to their real life counterparts etc. I figure now you just were asking about Madden but

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »