Home

Do you read safeties or curl/seam flats when you snap?

This is a discussion on Do you read safeties or curl/seam flats when you snap? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-22-2022, 06:30 PM   #9
Rookie

Sucram7777's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Do you read safeties or curl/seam flats when you snap?

I always read Safeties first, regardless of if it's presnap or post-snap. Safeties are the last line of defense, and if they get caught napping or burned - could be a HUGE play if not outright Touchdown.

If I see a Safety creeping into the box Presnap - or makes a charge for a blitz post-snap - I am going to the receiver on that particular side, as he is likely going to be in a 1 on 1 with a defender without any over the top help.
Old 06-25-2022, 02:39 AM   #10
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Do you read safeties or curl/seam flats when you snap?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Housh123
Man is the easiest thing to read imo. I call RB outs almost every pass play. If a linebacker covers that route from the backfield and the DBs follow a slant more than a couple yards it’s man. I look at alignment to decide if i should be on the lookout for man. I wanna say the DBs will all turn their backs and run to follow the WR in man too. Idk exactly what i read for man but i seem to guess right most times. I have been playing madden since day 1 so maybe I’m just reading the animations themselves and it has nothing to do with football.

Cover 6 isn’t called against me enough to have a read for it. Honestly post snap I’m reading middle and one side of the field so I’ll never get tricked by cover 6 because whatever side my RB out route is set to go that’s the side i read. By the time i make it to the other side it’s been a second or 2 and i can already tell wether i should be throwing or trying to scramble

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
I meant man/zone, not just man or zone. A play where some of the field is zone and some is man. There are some built in plays like this in the game, but they aren't exactly realistic (because usually there are reads involved for the defense). But, user v user games will use this sort of thing.

And the problem is that if you see something that tells you zone, and you think zone, you might get intercepted throwing somewhere you expect to be open, but the WR is instead covered by zone as well as a man defender sneaking up just as you throw.
https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2049813056

Last edited by your mom; 06-06-2006 at 6:06 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »