Home

Metallicarl's 1972 Madden 25 PS3 Roster

This is a discussion on Metallicarl's 1972 Madden 25 PS3 Roster within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-25-2013, 10:52 PM   #1
Pro

metallicarl's Arena

OVR: 2
Metallicarl's 1972 Madden 25 PS3 Roster

Merry Christmas to the community!!! I have used these forums over the years to make my Madden and NCAA gaming much more enjoyable. I dont usually like to release anything before it is completely done but didnt quite get these finished in time for christmas, so these are a work in progress. This is a full scale 1972 roster as close to the real thing as I can get. The teams that werent in existance in 72 are replaced with CFL players.

Gamertag "OldschoolCarl" 1972 Roster
UPDATED 2/1/14 7:15
-ADDED 1973 DRAFT CLASS(Link Below)
-Completed-can be used in Play Now or CFM
-All players completed for ratings/traits/info/equipment/potentials
-6 CFL teams added to replace teams that didnt exist in 1972
-There are around 10+ players in FA pool that havent been named
-If anybody notices any corrections, post them in the thread
-Over 50 percent of uquipment has been corrected a 2nd time
-ENJOY!! I will continue work on these as I catch any oversights, but for the most part this is completed. I may try working on some draft classes to go with these

1973 Draft Class:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/56...68og8/USR-DATA

I will be updating this post as I make changes, hopefully at least once a week. Any corrections that need to be made can be posted here but remember this is not the finished work. I havent been playing games but I usually run a CPU vs CPU game while Im working on the editor and this roster plays really well. Not sure what sliders will work best but I've been using Armor & Swords Slow Speed Simulation set for the CPU games

CFL teams
Tampa Bay=Calgary
Jacksonville=Saskatchewan
Carolina=Montreal
Baltimore=Toronto
Seattle=British Columbia
Houston=Edmonton

I plan on getting everything as close to perfect as the game will allow including uniform edits and faces and skin tone. Players faces and skin tones are about 90% as well and I will remove the players that have dreads as I catch them. I hope everyone enjoys playing with these as much as Ive enjoyed researching and working on these!!

Last edited by metallicarl; 02-01-2014 at 11:01 AM. Reason: Update
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-26-2013, 08:52 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Metallicarl's 1972 Madden 25 PS3 Roster

Quote:
Originally Posted by metallicarl
Merry Christmas to the community!!! I have used these forums over the years to make my Madden and NCAA gaming much more enjoyable. I dont usually like to release anything before it is completely done but didnt quite get these finished in time for christmas, so these are a work in progress. This is a full scale 1972 roster as close to the real thing as I can get. The teams that werent in existance in 72 are replaced with CFL players.

Gamertag "OldschoolCarl" 1972 Roster

I will be updating this post as I make changes, hopefully at least once a week. Any corrections that need to be made can be posted here but remember this is not the finished work. I havent been playing games but I usually run a CPU vs CPU game while Im working on the editor and this roster plays really well. Not sure what sliders will work best but I've been using Armor & Swords Slow Speed Simulation set for the CPU games.

Here's whats been completed:
Names= Done
Uniform #'s,hgt/wgt,college,years played= 90% done
Equipment= 50% done
Ratings= ?? Have been skipping around getting players in ranges but about 40% completed

CFL teams
Tampa Bay=Calgary
Jacksonville=Saskatchewan
Carolina=Montreal
Baltimore=Toronto
Seattle=British Columbia
Houston=Edmonton

I plan on getting everything as close to perfect as the game will allow including uniform edits and faces and skin tone. Players faces and skin tones are about 90% as well and I will remove the players that have dreads as I catch them. I hope everyone enjoys playing with these as much as Ive enjoyed researching and working on these!!
Happy Holidays to you and your family Carl, hope you have a prosperous new year. Downloaded your roster file, things look very good.I do know this is a work in progress, but don't forget that Ken Stabler was a left handed QB for the raiders.Was wondering is their anyway to make Jim Otto "00" or "0"....the same for Ken Burrough.
Old 12-26-2013, 09:37 PM   #3
Pro

metallicarl's Arena

Glad you like them tmac747. The next update(probably sunday) will have Stabler and Del Gaizo(3rd sting dolphin QB) as lefties. I havent made it down to the detail stage yet, still sorting out ratings but did knock 4 teams equipment today. Should get a lot done this weekend too. I set Otto's and Burrough's # to 00 today but they only show up as #0 in the game. The editor is great for fixes like that, used it to for names/#'s/height-weight/and colleges but I like doing the ratings in game so you can see overalls as you adjust them. But it does make it a little slower. Anything you notice that needs correcting, let me know...I have so many notes that its hard to keep up with everything!!
Old 12-27-2013, 03:58 PM   #4
Pro

RyanLeaf16's Arena

OVR: 3

Very excited for this Carl! Do you know if these rosters will be able to be used in connected franchise?
Old 12-27-2013, 04:46 PM   #5
Pro

metallicarl's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanLeaf16
Very excited for this Carl! Do you know if these rosters will be able to be used in connected franchise?
Not sure, I havent played Madden since 2012. Are there any issues with editing that affect connected franchise? Im trying to keep the ratings in line with the official roster so that draft classes will be equal. I hope not....planning on trying it as soon as I get these finished.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-27-2013, 09:24 PM   #6
Pro

RyanLeaf16's Arena

OVR: 3

I don't know if something would keep it from working. Apparently there can be some glitches. The only reason I know that is because I have seen other people create rosters and say they are suitable for franchise.
Old 12-28-2013, 06:42 AM   #7
Rookie

nurserock77's Arena

OVR: 0

Nice work!
Old 12-28-2013, 10:50 AM   #8
Pro

OVR: 6
Smile Re: Metallicarl's 1972 Madden 25 PS3 Roster

Hi Carl,

Your roster is wonderful. As usual you create a standard of excellence and realism that is unmatched. But one question.... When I play exhibition games the announcer says the names of modern players, not the classic ones who are in the game. Any idea what I am doing wrong..

Thanks

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »