Home

What Will You Do IF The PS4/720 Are Announced To Have Madden 25 As A Launch Title?

This is a discussion on What Will You Do IF The PS4/720 Are Announced To Have Madden 25 As A Launch Title? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience
View Poll Results: What Will You Do IF The PS4/720 Are Announced To Have Madden 25 As A Launch Title?
Only purchase M25 for PS3/360 67 25.57%
Only purchase M25 for PS4/720 78 29.77%
Purchase M25 for both PS3/360 and PS4/720 52 19.85%
Skip M25 all together 25 9.54%
Undecided 40 15.27%
Voters: 262. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-14-2013, 12:10 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: What Will You Do IF The PS4/720 Are Announced To Have Madden 25 As A Launch Title

On ps4 is actually the only way I will buy madden this year because once I get my ps4 I will focused on the games for it like watch dogs and infamous.
Old 04-14-2013, 12:38 PM   #18
Observer

guaps's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: What Will You Do IF The PS4/720 Are Announced To Have Madden 25 As A Launch Title

I'm done with Madden on current gen consoles... and crossing my fingers that the first next-gen Madden won't be as poor as Madden 06
Old 04-14-2013, 12:41 PM   #19
All Star

LionsFanNJ's Arena

OVR: 29
I would not buy M25 as a launch title. To me being a launch title that screams port of current gen.
Old 04-14-2013, 01:20 PM   #20
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

I know Madden 06 and Madden 07 left a bad taste in most people's mouth with the 360 and PS3(Mostly Madden 06 on 360), but I mean we could have a situation like with the PS2's launch. IMO Madden 01 was awesome for the time and a undeniable upgrade in gameplay over the ps1 version. Then again the PS1 launch with Madden 96 was such a disaster it didn't even release(Tiburon did replace VC though), lol. So I mean it could go either way, but I'm hoping we get a upgrade like the PS2 got. I think(hope) Tiburon learned from this gens disaster.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 04-14-2013, 03:09 PM   #21
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Does anyone have any knowledge on the frostbite engine? I mean I know what it is capable of in Battlefield, but what could in bring to Madden? What can it bring to the on field experience in Madden/NCAA? I know it does have some kind of physics capabilities, but I thought it was mostly destruction physics. I know it also has some fancy lighting tricks as well.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2013, 03:10 PM   #22
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

The thing for me is and what kind of inspired this thread, is that there is just no way EA is clueless to how poor Madden 06 was. In fact they constantly refer to it whenever talking about the up coming transition to the new consoles and have for quite awhile. They have been building up this crescendo "Annie" over the years about what they have in-store for all their titles on the new consoles, not just Madden.

Fair or not, the number one excuse we have heard this entire console gen for Madden is, "we can only do so much given the time and system limitations", which according to all reports, the new consoles completely do away with. One thing that seems evident this console gen was that EA Tiburon's first priority was visual stills, try to make Madden on the field as photo realistic as possible, which admittedly took away from other things, like sidelines, the crowd, etc. What the new consoles and a Frostbite engine seem to be providing is a jack of all trades of sort where virtually nothing has to take priority, they can do it all.

I am no developer but various gaming studios, are saying there basically is no more "porting" code over or at least not how it used to be. Then add in Frostbite 3 touting "What You See Is What You Play", so whatever they develop on their work station is the game, no more having to account for what might "break" after bringing it together for a console. So in my layman understanding, since the new consoles are more like high end PCs, gaming studios like EA Tiburon, are now able to develop complete games for the console, on high end PCs, no more needing to put together various "builds" to test directly through the console. Maybe I am not explaining that well but that seems huge to me, even for Tiburon, considering the things CE/CD attendees and EAGC have alluded to being shown over the years but that couldn't make it into the game.

Looking back, the Madden 2006 360 trailer debuted on April 28th, I think and this year EA has some big exclusive deal announcement between them and Microsoft. I wouldn't be surprised at some point to once again see a trailer, actual game play this time, of Madden to help once again push sells for another new Xbox. Considering how last time around the new Xbox came out before the new PS, this exclusive could include Madden as a launch title only for the new Xbox to boost sells of the new system like in 2005 and then having Madden available for both systems starting in 2014.
Old 04-14-2013, 03:17 PM   #23
Pro

RonNewman75's Arena

OVR: 0

I will not buy the new system and ncaa & madden til they have been out for one year. Meaning if Madden 26 is the first one out on the new xbox i will wait for 27.
Old 04-14-2013, 05:33 PM   #24
Rookie

the_EDJ's Arena

OVR: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonNewman75
I will not buy the new system and ncaa & madden til they have been out for one year. Meaning if Madden 26 is the first one out on the new xbox i will wait for 27.
You do realize Madden will go back to the normal yearly naming scheme right? Madden '15, ' 16, and so forth. ;-)

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using Tapatalk HD

In the Deed, the Glory

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »