Home

Official Madden 25 How's Your CFM Going?

This is a discussion on Official Madden 25 How's Your CFM Going? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-04-2013, 11:43 PM   #113
MVP

Jumpman14's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: How is your CFM going?

Reading all this makes me want to start my Texans Cfm but I'm trying to wait for the next roster update.
Old 09-04-2013, 11:53 PM   #114
Rookie

spacedog's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Official Madden 25 How's Your CFM Going?

Quote:
Originally Posted by YeOldTonk
Not sure what sliders you guys are using, but I took my Injuries slider down to about 23 right now to test. I think I started it up around 46 or so. Don't mind some injuries out a week or two, but when you have multiple players going out each game with multiple week injuries, its just not fun or right to me. By week four I had seven guys on the injury list with 4-5 of those being 4+ weeks out.
I took the injury slider way down, the game isn't fun when your players constantly get hurt, not even at a realistic rate.
Old 09-05-2013, 07:28 AM   #115
Rookie

No Wayy Andre's Arena

Started my official Chargers franchise. Trying my best not to make too many signings and/or trades that are unlikely to happen in real life for the Chargers. However, one of the first things I did was cut Whitehurst and trade Brad Sorensen + 3rd + 4th round picks to the Eagles for Matt Barkley. I like him in real life and the game and I am planning to groom him for a season or two until Rivers' time is up. Doing 32-team control so that all depth charts are 95% accurate. I'm also using Jarrod21's Red sliders.

Simmed through the pre-season (I always sim it and turn injuries off so no surprises). Then played the first game at home on Monday Night against the Texans. Let's just say I definitely will need to tweak the sliders a slight bit.

The challenge was fun but I felt like I had to be 150% perfect to even have a chance at getting a stop on defense. I actually did get quite a few stops and picked Shaub off 3 times, but here's the kicker: I threw SIX interceptions with Rivers. SIX! We were down 14-49 at one point early in the 4th quarter and after Rivers threw his 6th pick I benched him for Barkley. Really wasn't planning to use Barkley at all during the season but I just had to change it up.

He immediately threw 9 of 11 for 165 yards and 3 TD's, no INT's. Perfect QB rating. At this point it was 35-49 with about 3:30 left. I'd impossibly stopped Foster/Shaub making every damn pass for four drives in a row; I needed a fifth. 3rd and long, Shaub forced to throw to try to clinch the game: PICK by the Chargers' best player, Eric Weddle! At this point it was a little under 2 minutes. Since I knew that even if I scored I'd need a miracle to get the on-side kick, I made a questionable call and put Rivers back in. Barkley was red hot but I wanted to give Rivers one last chance to salvage his job. He drove down the field in about 1 minute and scored.

There was probably 40 seconds left. I knew if I got the ball on the onside there was no way I wasn't going to bring it to OT. Of course, I didn't get it. Only 1 timeout left because of injuries (so dumb); I lost.

It was a ridiculous almost-comeback. I am VERY unhappy with how Rivers played. I'd say half the picks were maybe my fault/forcing a throw. The other 3 were Rivers being inaccurate. Not once did Barkley display that type of inaccuracy.

I have a dilemma now... Bench Rivers and start the rookie Barkley? Or give Rivers another chance...

Naturally I'd want to give Rivers another chance because I want to play as realistic as possible (there is virtually NO chance in the world that Matt Barkley starts for the Chargers in the 2013 NFL season). My plan right now is to let Rivers play this next game and then if shows similar play, begin the Matt Barkley era in San Diego.

If anyone cared to read or skim this ridiculously long post, what do you think? Start Rivers and his 3 TD/6 INT performance, or hand the keys to franchise to Mr. Trojan and kick off the Matt Barkley era in San Diego?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2013, 08:01 AM   #116
Rookie

I'm running a coach mode cfm of the jets going to be my dynasty chise as wel. I'm sinking the first year to get a headstart on te fun aspect for me which is draft/team building/strategizing etc

So far my jets are like 3-13? I got the 2nd overall pick and i could not have asked for a better year/draft class to have since I LOVE Lawrence Taylor and want a similar foundation piece for LB

Ironically the best players in college are both LB's in Penn St which led the school to the national title and set all kinds of defensive records

I'm most definitely picking one of them which I couldn't be more excited about
Old 09-05-2013, 08:55 AM   #117
Rookie

LFC Jet's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Wayy Andre
Started my official Chargers franchise. Trying my best not to make too many signings and/or trades that are unlikely to happen in real life for the Chargers. However, one of the first things I did was cut Whitehurst and trade Brad Sorensen + 3rd + 4th round picks to the Eagles for Matt Barkley. I like him in real life and the game and I am planning to groom him for a season or two until Rivers' time is up. Doing 32-team control so that all depth charts are 95% accurate. I'm also using Jarrod21's Red sliders.

Simmed through the pre-season (I always sim it and turn injuries off so no surprises). Then played the first game at home on Monday Night against the Texans. Let's just say I definitely will need to tweak the sliders a slight bit.

The challenge was fun but I felt like I had to be 150% perfect to even have a chance at getting a stop on defense. I actually did get quite a few stops and picked Shaub off 3 times, but here's the kicker: I threw SIX interceptions with Rivers. SIX! We were down 14-49 at one point early in the 4th quarter and after Rivers threw his 6th pick I benched him for Barkley. Really wasn't planning to use Barkley at all during the season but I just had to change it up.

He immediately threw 9 of 11 for 165 yards and 3 TD's, no INT's. Perfect QB rating. At this point it was 35-49 with about 3:30 left. I'd impossibly stopped Foster/Shaub making every damn pass for four drives in a row; I needed a fifth. 3rd and long, Shaub forced to throw to try to clinch the game: PICK by the Chargers' best player, Eric Weddle! At this point it was a little under 2 minutes. Since I knew that even if I scored I'd need a miracle to get the on-side kick, I made a questionable call and put Rivers back in. Barkley was red hot but I wanted to give Rivers one last chance to salvage his job. He drove down the field in about 1 minute and scored.

There was probably 40 seconds left. I knew if I got the ball on the onside there was no way I wasn't going to bring it to OT. Of course, I didn't get it. Only 1 timeout left because of injuries (so dumb); I lost.

It was a ridiculous almost-comeback. I am VERY unhappy with how Rivers played. I'd say half the picks were maybe my fault/forcing a throw. The other 3 were Rivers being inaccurate. Not once did Barkley display that type of inaccuracy.

I have a dilemma now... Bench Rivers and start the rookie Barkley? Or give Rivers another chance...

Naturally I'd want to give Rivers another chance because I want to play as realistic as possible (there is virtually NO chance in the world that Matt Barkley starts for the Chargers in the 2013 NFL season). My plan right now is to let Rivers play this next game and then if shows similar play, begin the Matt Barkley era in San Diego.

If anyone cared to read or skim this ridiculously long post, what do you think? Start Rivers and his 3 TD/6 INT performance, or hand the keys to franchise to Mr. Trojan and kick off the Matt Barkley era in San Diego?
How about starting Rivers but putting him on the trade block and see what offers pop up, if any tickle your pickle sort to say bite the bullet and trade him?

I know this goes against your realistic idea but may as well, 6 INTs surely moving on is a good thing?
Old 09-05-2013, 09:37 AM   #118
Pro

Mckinley Cash's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: How is your CFM going?

I took over the Raiders from the Davis family and had an abysmal first season.

We went 2-14, traded Darren McFadden, Matt Flynn, and a number of other high paid/aging players.

Went into year 2 with 94mil in free cap space and 3 first round picks; I ended up taking DE Jadeveon Clowney, WR Sammy Watkins, LT Taylor Lewan, QB Johnny Manziel, RB Venric Marks, WR Dri Archer (Bust), and DE Stephon Tuitt (Gem) in the 2014 Draft - They are all currently starting for me except Archer.

Terelle Pryor was my starting QB, but was injured in week 1. I signed Kendall Hunter as my RB in FA, but he is now injured as well. I also picked up WR Da' Rick Rogers, CB Sam Shields, OLB Melvin Ingram, and MLB Donald Butler. I lost WR Jacoby Ford.

I fired Dennis Allen and hired Gary Kubiak, but I'm using Chip Kelly's playbook to compliment my QB's skill set. So far so good. 2-0 after beating the lowly Jets and Browns, in the process of moving back to LA, and I still have 45mil in cap space.

I'm playing on All-Madden.

Last edited by Mckinley Cash; 09-05-2013 at 12:00 PM.
Old 09-05-2013, 01:16 PM   #119
Rookie

btvs's Arena

OVR: 6

Fantasy Draft
Team - Washington Redskins
Head Coach - Joe Gibbs
Offense - West Coast
Defense - 4-3

With the 1st pick, 30th overall, Washington selected... DT, Geno Atkins.

QB - Sam Bradford
HB - Darren McFadden
WR - Julio Jones
WR - Stevie Johnson
WR - Davone Bess
TE - Anthony McCoy
LT - Bryant McKinnie
LG - Clint Boiling
C - Eric Wood
RG - Chance Warmack
RT - Phil Loadholt

LDE - Chris Long
UT - Geno Atkins
NT - Mike Martin
RDE - Osi Umenyiora

LOLB - Dont'a Hightower
MLB - Brian Cushing
ROLB - Sio Moore

CB - Darrelle Revis
CB - Sam Shields
FS - Charles Woodson
SS - Stevie Brown

K - Adam Vinatieri
P - Zoltan Mesko
KR - Jacoby Ford
Old 09-05-2013, 01:33 PM   #120
Pro

GOBLUE_08's Arena

OVR: 10

Just started a new cnf as a coach using the Cardinals. This team is sooooo bad. Its gonna be fun to blow this roster up. If i could cut everybody but Fitz and Patrick Peterson and Daryl Washington i would.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »