Home

Madden NFL 09 Videos: IGN

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 09 Videos: IGN within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-30-2008, 09:09 PM   #33
All Star

OVR: 21
Re: New Vids on IGN 5/30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briankingsfan
I'm not gonna disagree. But I guess I'm wondering where everyone's been for all of the info being shared. Ian broke down a whole ago what's in, what's out and is getting info together about ideas for the future. Why now are guys coming on here saying "man, theres no pocket.""Dang, it's the same line play as 02.." We all know this and have accepted it. Now stuff is getting tweaked. Also convered in great length for those of us that have been invoved in the whole Ian interaction. But there's a few things not fixed this year. And it'll turn people off. Can't be helped. But we have a dog in the fight now and some input that'll hopefully get this game moving towards where it needs to be. But that really doesn't help this year. How about coming up with some doable ideas to contribute? It'll help....
So Madden '09 is above criticism because Ian admitted to what was wrong w/the game already...? Doesn't that sound weird? I was wondering what the mentality towards Madden would be this year since people now feel they have a say in the game's development. And I thought Ian's stepping up to LBz's gang tackling challenge is pretty much unprecendented from EA. But... isn't it bad that the game doesn't stomp 2K5 in most aspects? Not NFL2K8, 2K5. I've been reading the "Hey Ian" threads like everyone else, I just didn't think his involvement the past week means Madden '09 is not to be criticized

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Old 05-30-2008, 09:17 PM   #34
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
So Madden '09 is above criticism because Ian admitted to what was wrong w/the game already...? Doesn't that sound weird? I was wondering what the mentality towards Madden would be this year since people now feel they have a say in the game's development. And I thought Ian's stepping up to LBz's gang tackling challenge is pretty much unprecendented from EA. But... isn't it bad that the game doesn't stomp 2K5 in most aspects? Not NFL2K8, 2K5. I've been reading the "Hey Ian" threads like everyone else, I just didn't think his involvement the past week means Madden '09 is not to be criticized
I dont think he thinks its above criticism, its just when people continuously complain about lack of new ol/dl, he wonders what these people expected b/c we knew about this for about a week and now its an issue. No use continuosly complaining about something that isnt there, instead like him I tend to move on and see what else the game does and doesn't offer. I get a little annoyed to when there are enarly 3 pages of the same thing and epople complaining about something we knew was not there

Last edited by a4reak; 05-30-2008 at 09:20 PM.
Old 05-30-2008, 09:18 PM   #35
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
, I agree as long as it isn't baseless and you clearly state your point

My CFB Teams:
Marshall..WVU-Go Herd/Eeers!!!

Last edited by SteelerSpartan; 05-30-2008 at 09:27 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-30-2008, 09:42 PM   #36
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Ian is involved because he got tired of the criticism of Madden 09. He got tired of hearing 2k5 this, 2k5 that. I'm holding back judgment on these recent videos because I don't think these are the latest build.

Last edited by blackngoldfan; 05-30-2008 at 09:49 PM.
Old 05-30-2008, 09:43 PM   #37
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4reak
I dont think he thinks its above criticism, its just when people continuously complain about lack of new ol/dl, he wonders what these people expected b/c we knew about this for about a week and now its an issue. No use continuosly complaining about something that isnt there, instead like him I tend to move on and see what else the game does and doesn't offer. I get a little annoyed to when there are enarly 3 pages of the same thing and epople complaining about something we knew was not there
The game doesn't release for three months and it's sounding like certain things aren't to be debated primarily because Ian's said they can't change it. I understand the frustration of having the read multiple pages of complaints, but wouldn't it make sense to assume people can be just as frustrated for having waited x-number of years for Madden to step up? Personally I thought it was remarkable when Ian said Madden couldn't touch the WR/DB interaction of 2K5 - it takes balls to make a statement like that. But you have to look at the reason it takes balls to make the statement - he's comparing a next gen title to a 4yrs old last gen NFL title. Same with the tackling. As much as I appreciate Ian's presence, that's not a good thing, whether Madden's under new management or not. Wasn't Ian on board last year when Madden made the biggest gameplay leap it's made? I'm not criticizing, I'm just saying if people have legitimate complaints/concerns I think they should be able to voice them. Especially given the circumstances

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Old 05-30-2008, 10:01 PM   #38
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
The game doesn't release for three months and it's sounding like certain things aren't to be debated primarily because Ian's said they can't change it. I understand the frustration of having the read multiple pages of complaints, but wouldn't it make sense to assume people can be just as frustrated for having waited x-number of years for Madden to step up? Personally I thought it was remarkable when Ian said Madden couldn't touch the WR/DB interaction of 2K5 - it takes balls to make a statement like that. But you have to look at the reason it takes balls to make the statement - he's comparing a next gen title to a 4yrs old last gen NFL title. Same with the tackling. As much as I appreciate Ian's presence, that's not a good thing, whether Madden's under new management or not. Wasn't Ian on board last year when Madden made the biggest gameplay leap it's made? I'm not criticizing, I'm just saying if people have legitimate complaints/concerns I think they should be able to voice them. Especially given the circumstances
I can't disagree to anything you said here
Old 05-30-2008, 10:06 PM   #39

OVR: 34

It's still Madden. For me, that's not a terrible thing, it's just not much different. I do like how the game appears to have a little better momentum with player movement, but ti's still too twitchy. Blockers still have that robotic shift where they just don't look human. It's the sliding issue that has plagued this engine for way too long.

I appreciate what EA is doing with coming on the boards and giving information, but let's be honest, remember when we were told for next-gen the game was built from the ground up? Isn't it interesting that they are now talking about replacing an animation engine that the game has been using for a very long period of time?
Old 05-30-2008, 10:24 PM   #40
C*t*z*n *f RSN

K_GUN's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
no but stating the obvious flaws gets old...old....old....old....old....old....old...old

2k5 gets the credit it deserves....but what would 2k8 look like?.....just look at LBz posts about how VC F'd up that game from 2k3 to 2k8

hell they F'd up my bills 'field turf' texture form 2k4 to 2k5...how they HELL does that happen

EA knows their flaws. you'd have to be an absolute moron after visiting this site for 10 minutes not to get the gist of the flaws yet people keep 'enlightening' us with their knowledge of poor OL/DL play...no DB/WR interactions....chain gangs....ref's..

crticize?...absolutely but damn...anything new?!

Last edited by K_GUN; 05-30-2008 at 10:27 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »