Home

Madden 09 Demo Released, Impressions Here

This is a discussion on Madden 09 Demo Released, Impressions Here within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 07-31-2008, 01:43 PM   #129
MVP

cdon2k's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Madden 09 Demo Released, Impressions Here

Yeah and the cool thing is that it doesn't happen all of the time. It reminds me a lot of the ps2 madden tackle breaks, but actually incorporated into the special moves instead of preempting them.
Old 07-31-2008, 01:45 PM   #130
Lie,cheat,steal,kill: Win

trobinson97's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Why is this even being discussed?

Because obviously, people see it as a problem. Not everybody hangs onto the devs' every word. Not everybody is sitting around waiting for a dev to post in one of many threads that they post in. We can't all be as commited to the EA can do no wrong theme perpetuated by some people. Get it now?

I personally don't care what some dev said, if I throw a pass to the flats, and a defender that was chasing a receiver who was doing a fade route reacts the instant I throw it, as if he has some psychic link with the QB, that's a problem.

SteamID - Depotboy

...2009, 2011, 2012, 2015, 2017, 2020....
What a run
Roll Tide

Old 07-31-2008, 01:47 PM   #131
Pro

TeixeiraFanatic's Arena

OVR: 14

I have been playing the madden demo for a while and the last time i did i got to NE's 1 yd line with 07 seconds left. did a play action pass to hedgecock (sp) and he caught one handed for a TD!
i decide to play again and now at the start of the drive i'm on NE's 1 yard line and it's 4th and -63.
NCAA: Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2008, 01:47 PM   #132
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdon2k
Yeah and the cool thing is that it doesn't happen all of the time. It reminds me a lot of the ps2 madden tackle breaks, but actually incorporated into the special moves instead of preempting them.
Yeah...obviously, with such a limited gameplay experience I can't say for sure, but the breakout system feels like a winner. Actually, this game really does feel completely upgraded on offense. There are still things that need worked on, but I'm reasonably impressed with the level of improvement I've seen to this point.
Old 07-31-2008, 01:54 PM   #133
Rookie

OVR: 4

Earlier someone asked about if they fixed the lead blocking. They actually made it better I think. If you pause the game and go to setting -> blocking control, you can tweak lead blocking. I am back at work now but i think the options were

Lead Blocking - On/Off

Blocking Camera - Normal/Zoom
Lead Blocking Slow Down - On/Off
Running Back Switch Slow Down - On/Off

Not exact but you get the point. So you can customize to how you prefer it. It'll be nice to see if they made alot more things custom like this in the full game.
Old 07-31-2008, 01:57 PM   #134
Banned

OVR: 8

Good afternoon Gents,

Ok, quite different from the DVD Demo. I skipped the IQ test and as normal received a top score. Was this a mistake?? Man, the game seems hard as heck to run and get a solid passing attack going. This is good though. But there where a few bugs. Dropped passes on the regular and Jacobs fumble quite a bit.

Overall, my previous impressions stand and yes the current demo is far better than the old demo. From a 2K guy, I will finally be able to play an NFL football game this year. Looking forward to online league play!!
Old 07-31-2008, 01:59 PM   #135
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobinson97

Because obviously, people see it as a problem. Not everybody hangs onto the devs' every word. Not everybody is sitting around waiting for a dev to post in one of many threads that they post in. We can't all be as commited to the EA can do no wrong theme perpetuated by some people. Get it now?

I personally don't care what some dev said, if I throw a pass to the flats, and a defender that was chasing a receiver who was doing a fade route reacts the instant I throw it, as if he has some psychic link with the QB, that's a problem.
Again, I never said it wasn't a problem. I said that I don't know why people act as if they are surprised to see it. We were told ahead of time that its in there. That was the only point that I was making.

Thanks for making me out as a fanboy though. Very good effort on your part. Hell you have me convinced.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2008, 02:02 PM   #136
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Why is this even being discussed? Ian told us that the DB's heads didn't turn because with the technology they had it looked akward. I can't believe this is being brought up as if its a shocker. We were told that it would be this way and explained why it would be this way.

I just don't get it.
This post cant be serious is it? Its brought up regardless if the dev's say or not because they dont LIKE IT. Is that to hard to understand?

Just like when APF came out, they told everyone is was a barebones game, but still people complained there was no franchise mode. They took rating points from the game because of that, but they let people know that the game wasnt going to have it. Same stuff.

Anyways, downloading the demo now, and got my trusty video camera going on to see what they messed up in this years version. I hope i am surprised.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »