Home

Phil Frazier Says No 3rd Patch or DLC For Madden 09

This is a discussion on Phil Frazier Says No 3rd Patch or DLC For Madden 09 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-18-2008, 02:45 PM   #89
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20
Smile Re: Phil Frazier Says No 3rd Patch or DLC For Madden 09

First of all every developer that visits these boards should never even hint at the possibility of patches, DLC, or the like. They should know by now that despite most here being adults in terms of age, an adolescent mindset of incessant overreacting prevails(Sorry if I offend anyone, but its true.)

They should keep their mouth shut until things are 100% percent certain, i.e. actually released for use by the public. Better to be railed upon for their silence and perceived apathy, then be accused of underhanded stall tactics.

Although I'm aware of this boards tendency for losing perspective, I'm still somewhat shocked that people here didn't make what I consider to be the logical assumption that there was very little chance of the DLC actually coming out.

Regardless of how flawed the game was, expecting two patches and DLC was pretty optimistic. Especially knowing that we're dealing with a corporate entity that is on a totally different wavelength then us here.

A lot of you might as well get in your mind that you're not going to get Madden 2010 right now and safe yourself some anguish later.

You want to be blown away by the gameplay, A.I., presentation, Franchise mode, and online play. All in one year. I hope no one brings up any nonsense about company X doing so in (insert year here) because its not true. Other great games were build off of the foundation of their previous games.

With this series there are simply too many things that need a major overhaul, and we know there isn't enough time to get it all done in one cycle. You might try and argue otherwise, but given their development methodology we know it isn't going to happen.

So a choice has got to be made. I'm going to choose gameplay, A.I. and Franchise, and selfishly I hope the developers feel the same way.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 10-18-2008, 02:52 PM   #90
All Star

RAZRr1275's Arena

OVR: 67
Re: Phil Frazier Says No 3rd Patch or DLC For Madden 09

This sucks. The dlc was the only thing that was going to get me back into this game.
Old 10-18-2008, 03:19 PM   #91
Rookie

OVR: 8

Well this certainly sucks, we just put our hard earned money down and already they are talking about next year. I'm definately waiting before I buy next years game

If Robo QB and no adjustable cameras are a part of next years game I will definitely NOT buy it.

Sad cause this years game was a few tweaks away from being a really great football game, stupid to rip out cpu sliders and then not have the time to at least put them back in later.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2008, 03:28 PM   #92
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
You want to be blown away by the gameplay, A.I., presentation, Franchise mode, and online play. All in one year. I hope no one brings up any nonsense about company X doing so in (insert year here) because its not true. Other great games were build off of the foundation of their previous games.

With this series there are simply too many things that need a major overhaul, and we know there isn't enough time to get it all done in one cycle. You might try and argue otherwise, but given their development methodology we know it isn't going to happen.

So a choice has got to be made. I'm going to choose gameplay, A.I. and Franchise, and selfishly I hope the developers feel the same way.
While I agree w/you in principle, you also have to factor in the length of time this situation has existed. That's a large part of why there's so much frustration. If Madden 09 were really Madden 06 or 07, the situation would be a little more understandable. But to be going 5yrs later into 2010 and hoping they fix fundamental issues like the OL play? From that standpoint they deserve to be called out - particularly when they seem to have no problems accepting praise when it's given. Once it's been said too many times, "wait till next year" rings hollow.

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Old 10-18-2008, 03:30 PM   #93
Pro

boooey's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher
Now, let me talk about why I wonder about their overall knowledge of pro football as a whole which I think is a problem. I'm not talking X's and O's. I'm talking about basic, natural occurences, and history. Little things reveal issues as much as big things. There are extreme things like how players can make plays that defy the laws of physics on a regular basis, and then there are small things like during the loading screen where NFL Facts that any NFL fan would know are wrong. I laughed when one fact said that the Steelers won Super Bowl 30, but we all know they were beaten by the Cowboys 27-17, and there are a few more that just make you shake your head and laugh. You know 10-year old little Billy wouldn't notice, but gamers have grown up. A lot of the 25 yo+ crowd is still playing and they will notice things like that.
I agree 100% with this also... I actually like Madden 09 now, and have some fun games most of the time.
But during every game I can count on at least 5 things that really ruin my experience.

And its little things that have no reason to be screwed up.. like

1. Cannot see a field goal cross through the uprights.
I can't tell you guys how annoying this is to me, when I have to go to rewind and watch the play like 5 times just to see exactly how close i came to making or missing the field goal because the dam camera cuts away right as the ball approaches the crossbar.
What are you thinking EA?? sheeesh!!! fix this please.

2. Even some of my touchdown passes are a bittersweet experience.
Because my laser thrown touchdown pass was thrown running backwards against the grain opposite of my throwing arm.

3. Halftime/Postgame show.
There is none, no need to explain this one.

4. TD Celebrations.
Sometimes I can't get to the blue box in time to see a custom celebration. So annoying. Who could possibly think running to a blue box on the field just to initiate a custom celebration is a good idea? This is like amateur programming. its unbelievable that this idea actually made it into the game.

I can go on all day, but this isn't really the thread for this.. I just want to point out that its little things like this for me that sour the Madden experience.

Little things that if you are a true football fan, would and should never of been screwed up like this in Madden 09, and made it into the game.

"The little things... there's nothing bigger"
- Movie: Vanilla Sky
Old 10-18-2008, 03:34 PM   #94
Most Valuable Pepe

baumy300's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAZRr1275
This sucks. The dlc was the only thing that was going to get me back into this game.
Ditto.

All I wanted was CPU sliders. It's sad when you need to start placing CPU sliders as your top priority on a next gen sports game wishlist
It makes me sad
I post the frog
Old 10-18-2008, 04:41 PM   #95
Banned

OVR: 31
PC next year. I hope they have accelerated clock. The game was alright for me except missing that feature. I hope NCAA adds that feature too since the college game has the same play clock as the NFL now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2008, 06:22 PM   #96
MVP

OVR: 10
Re: Madden update information

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJenness
These are all easy remarks to make if YOU are satisfied with the game, however, I think you're in the minority as far as that goes (or it's at least 50/50 now...read the thread about "is Madden broken"). I've seen some pretty hardcore Maddenites jump ship this year...myself included.
If they bought the game, then they didn't really "jump ship," so to speak.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »