Home

Madden NFL 10 Blog - Improvements to QB Position

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 10 Blog - Improvements to QB Position within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-23-2009, 10:34 PM   #81
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40
Re: New Madden NFL 10 blog post - QB improvements

Good stuff. Ian, so my question is, if layered blending is what you are using to overcome the suction sack, then can you also use it in overcoming suction blocking and tackling? Can't the blending be used to have a defender while being blocked, keep one arm free and reach out and grab a runner as he is going by?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-23-2009, 10:42 PM   #82
Rookie

OVR: 4

I also have a question:

In regards to the new accuracy ratings, what is the deciding factor in whether the pass is deep, medium, or short ? For example- how many yards downfileld must the WR be for the deep accuracy to take effect, what is the range for the the medium and short accuracy, ect. ect.

I'm sure it's not based on the routes, right ? Because on a deep route, you can throw the ball immediately and the pass would, in affect, still be a short-medium pass.
Old 02-23-2009, 10:43 PM   #83
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
Good stuff. Ian, so my question is, if layered blending is what you are using to overcome the suction sack, then can you also use it in overcoming suction blocking and tackling? Can't the blending be used to have a defender while being blocked, keep one arm free and reach out and grab a runner as he is going by?
I pray for this...
Old 02-23-2009, 10:47 PM   #84
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Good to hear about the new tech & ratings.

Will there be a new Adjustment to Ball rating for WRs?

And I echo LBzrule's questions.

Last edited by BezO; 02-23-2009 at 10:57 PM.
Old 02-23-2009, 10:50 PM   #85
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

In terms of tackling think of situations like this. This should be where a guy can still make a tackle even though he gets stiff armed. Unless that is just animation work. A guy gets stiff armed but as he is getting pushed away, he grabs the runners arm and attempts to bring him down that way.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-23-2009, 10:55 PM   #86
Rookie

OVR: 2

Ian, one thing that was mentioned that isn't getting too much comments here is the accuracy hit that QB's will take when on the run. Please Please Please for the love of whichever god u serve do something about this. i'm sure i'm not alone when i say i'm tired of players that take off out of the pocket as soon as the ball is snapped and still can hit a receiver 50 yards down the field while running at full speed. NFL QB's only scamble when they have to and THEY ALL take an accuracy hit. A significant one at that.
Old 02-23-2009, 10:59 PM   #87
Banned

OVR: 11

Great job Ian,..this makes game play more realistic.
Old 02-23-2009, 10:59 PM   #88
MVP

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by netking23
Ian, one thing that was mentioned that isn't getting too much comments here is the accuracy hit that QB's will take when on the run. Please Please Please for the love of whichever god u serve do something about this. i'm sure i'm not alone when i say i'm tired of players that take off out of the pocket as soon as the ball is snapped and still can hit a receiver 50 yards down the field while running at full speed. NFL QB's only scamble when they have to and THEY ALL take an accuracy hit. A significant one at that.
Thats the point of the blog.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »