Home

Madden NFL 10: Updated Running Animation

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 10: Updated Running Animation within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-29-2009, 02:46 PM   #393
Banned

OVR: 3
Re: Madden NFL 10: Updated Running Animation

Ian it sounds like you are the one who can save this franchise cuz its been garbage on next gen. My biggest problem with Madden is those fugly running animations. They have no flow at all. You should take a close look at Apex's video's cuz he's right. The players dont lean or get low,they dont make accurate cuts they go in straight lines,TRON jogging like he said and people around here can say what they want about apex or me for all I care but the bottom line is its true.

Its about getting this franchise back to where its was on last gen. Look at the running animations in All Pro 2k8,regardless whether people like the game or not doesn't matter cuz they game has beautiful animations that flow smoothe and dont look robotic like Madden. I play Madden 09 on PS2,so its not like I hate madden and I'm just a 2k guy. I love Madden,I just think its garbage on next gen.

You definately seem like the guy to turn this around. I know you watch these forums carefully,you even gave a shout out to Apex and we've gotten more videos this year than every other year combined before release plus we get 4 5 minute qrts on the demo.

Pro Tak is a good idea,I just dont think its gonna work that good this year. I think you guys need another year on it. Impact deflection is another big thing u need to work on. You can see it in one of Apex's video when the bucs reciever gets drilled by godfrey on carolina,gets knocked backwards and in maddens world he knocks him down basically as he's going backwards. Thats crazy and you know that.

If u want to look at 2k and try to beat them like u guys say,then dont look at 2k5 for gameplay,look at All Pro cuz they got the best and most realistic animations hands down. Hopefully you guys will have the QB wind up when he throws a long bomb,that animation looks sweet. You guys have the money,get rid of those ugly running TRON jogging animations and put realistic ones in cuz that would make this game look and feel alot better,I guarantee it
Old 06-29-2009, 03:31 PM   #394
MVP

Methlab's Arena

OVR: 15

Somebody made a good point about the button tapping vote. It is a complete loss for Madden because the button tapping makes running the ball so much better. You can hold it down and charge your guy or just tap it, but it makes the handling of the runner far superior to just holding down turbo and letting go to make turns. It's not button mashing in anyway, in fact it contributes to the feel of the run play.

Another good point was that hardcore Madden people do not want to change the game at all. Thats a shame..if FIFA or NHL did not change, the games would be very stale. The very hardcore userbase that buys Madden every year w/out fail are many of the same people who have kept the series from progressing IMO.
Old 06-29-2009, 03:37 PM   #395
Rookie

OVR: 2

The links to the vids on the first page are dead. I'm looking through all 40 pages but can't seem to find new links...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2009, 05:11 PM   #396
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLHITMAN
Apex I like your videos but in all honesty you babble too much. Get your point across and move on. I stopped watching your videos simply because they drag on with non sense after your major point of discussion. Like I tell my wife " Get to the point and stop babbling "

Hope she doesn't read OS forums
Yeah he does babble too much; all he has to do is compare AP's posture as he runs through the hole to his posture when he's running in the open field.
Old 06-30-2009, 02:54 AM   #397
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by creed200569
Ian it sounds like you are the one who can save this franchise cuz its been garbage on next gen. My biggest problem with Madden is those fugly running animations. They have no flow at all. You should take a close look at Apex's video's cuz he's right. The players dont lean or get low,they dont make accurate cuts they go in straight lines,TRON jogging like he said and people around here can say what they want about apex or me for all I care but the bottom line is its true.

Its about getting this franchise back to where its was on last gen. Look at the running animations in All Pro 2k8,regardless whether people like the game or not doesn't matter cuz they game has beautiful animations that flow smoothe and dont look robotic like Madden. I play Madden 09 on PS2,so its not like I hate madden and I'm just a 2k guy. I love Madden,I just think its garbage on next gen.

You definately seem like the guy to turn this around. I know you watch these forums carefully,you even gave a shout out to Apex and we've gotten more videos this year than every other year combined before release plus we get 4 5 minute qrts on the demo.

Pro Tak is a good idea,I just dont think its gonna work that good this year. I think you guys need another year on it. Impact deflection is another big thing u need to work on. You can see it in one of Apex's video when the bucs reciever gets drilled by godfrey on carolina,gets knocked backwards and in maddens world he knocks him down basically as he's going backwards. Thats crazy and you know that.

If u want to look at 2k and try to beat them like u guys say,then dont look at 2k5 for gameplay,look at All Pro cuz they got the best and most realistic animations hands down. Hopefully you guys will have the QB wind up when he throws a long bomb,that animation looks sweet. You guys have the money,get rid of those ugly running TRON jogging animations and put realistic ones in cuz that would make this game look and feel alot better,I guarantee it

Totally agree.. Couldn't have said it better myself.. This quote says it all, "Look at the running animations in All Pro 2k8, regardless whether people like the game or not doesn't matter cuz they game has beautiful animations that flow smooth and dont look robotic" Exactly.. Whether you like 2k or not, it's the animations that make the game seem realistic and fun.. No hidden secret behind it.. period..
Old 07-03-2009, 12:29 AM   #398
Rookie

OVR: 3

So are they going to work a little on the run annimation before release...I'm still not feeling it!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »