Home

Madden NFL 10 Gameplay Video: Eagles @ Cowboys (IGN)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 10 Gameplay Video: Eagles @ Cowboys (IGN) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-29-2009, 12:14 AM   #409
Rookie

nighttrain32's Arena

OVR: 5
nfl players are too fast....

if a qb throws across his body, it should be either batted down or picked. am i wrong?

Old 05-29-2009, 12:14 AM   #410
Banned

OVR: 11
Re: Cowboys Star is facing the WRONG direction Again.

i hope so
Old 05-29-2009, 12:14 AM   #411
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: Cowboys vs. Eagles Video from IGN

Quote:
Originally Posted by ofdman
I like this part "I can see there is some good things going on. A foundation to build on"

To build on? TO BUILD ON?!?! For the love of God man! EA has been "BUILDING" this game for 20 years!!

WHEN are they going to get there?
Wouldn't argue there. That's half the problem. It's still Madden. But here's what's hard for me and I'm really trying to keep in context. I watched Fifa go from 07 to 09. I watched basically a new game get built and added onto from the ground up this gen. With Madden it's cutting and adding stuff onto the same Madden. It's kinda painful to watch, but I'm keeping this all in perspective. Madden can't ever take a cycle off and will be hard pressed to change the game too radically, unless they do it gradually. One, there's the fanbase who wants "Madden", not 2k. They have to be gradually sold on the changes. Second, this takes time and is being done on the fly. Third, I have to remember that every other game that I love has a three year head start, basically.

So I have these post that sound torn. That's how I really feel. I'm hoping that this years game will be enough to keep me playing, but have no illusions that it'll be bliss. I'm just worrying how this game will be viewed against full versions of Fight Night, NHL and Fifa. Right now it seems to be hot, but even sitting here watching the new non-sports games on the Spike preview Madden seems to still be behind the curve. And it's not even really sports gaming season. UFC is hot. Fight Night will be hot. Madden really has to get into fighting shape real quick. I'm keeping personal hope alive, but am really just not sure right now. Only thing I'm sure of is that Ian is the best thing they've had going for them and that there will be no other NFL game this year! As to how long it'll take who knows?

P.S. I did say that the commentary was really killing it for me.

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2009, 12:15 AM   #412
Banned

OVR: 2
I'd rather have a halftime show over a pregame show. I thought what they showed in the vid is enough for pregame. They do need to have a halftime show breaking down the action like 2K5 had & also a postgame highlight show. They should utilize their ESPN & NFL liscence to the fullest & have Chris Burman or Rich Eisen doing the highlights.
Old 05-29-2009, 12:16 AM   #413
MVP

OVR: 25
Re: Madden NFL 10 Gameplay Video: Eagles @ Cowboys (IGN)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
Then you add it in a way that's part of the game. As a banner, or as a 'sponsored by' commentary during the half time or replay show. You don't just put blatant ads in your game. That's ad ware, not a video game.
I wish my 360 had Adblock Plus.
Old 05-29-2009, 12:16 AM   #414
MVP

MattIntellect's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Cowboys Star is facing the WRONG direction Again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derrville
I thought Ian and the devs knew and understood this problem thats been a problem for a while. Kane has even mentioned it.

Ian has replied to me personally on it.

Can this be corrected?
I think that video was from an early build. I'm sure it'll be corrected before release.
Old 05-29-2009, 12:16 AM   #415
MVP

OVR: 24
Re: Madden NFL 10 Gameplay Video: Eagles @ Cowboys (IGN)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whaaaazuuuuup
woow, you guys are desperate. imo, that video showed me nothing. just a few plays and everyone sees these so called improvements. madden 09 even had its moments when it played like a feel football game. this is no different. aside from the presentations, the game looked not different. til i get my hands on this game, i'm not convinced...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ofdman
Great way to put it. Bumper cars.

And yes, the animations of the players are horrible. Not even close to the real thing. This is bizarre to me. After all these years EA still can't have their football game moving more realistically.

Do you think every year the fine folks at EA flip a coin to decide whether or not to make the animations look real and we, the gamers, have had bad luck because the coin always comes up "NO!"??
I feel what you guys are saying. But, the problem is the engine itself. And there's only so much they can do with it. Agree?

It's nothing like 2K's wonderful engine. And it will never be-which is quite sad. Okay, very sad.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2009, 12:18 AM   #416
Banned

OVR: 2
Ian it's hard to find any faults with the game this year but we really need PROGRESSIVE LIGHTING back. It should be a given to have progressive lighting especially in a football game. I don't know why you guys ever took it out in the 1st place. It really adds that feeling of immersion to the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »