Home

Madden NFL 10 Impressions (Pasta Padre)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 10 Impressions (Pasta Padre) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-05-2009, 10:47 PM   #33
MVP

Danimal's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: PastaPadre Madden 10 Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastapadre
If you're having this problem PM me the browser you're using and version of it. Seems like its just a handful of people having this happen and they all are using IE. Trying to narrow it down to figure it out.
I can probably help you figure it out, Tweet me, we had to do a lot of new work on a lot of old websites thanks to IE8. MS loves mucking things up with each release. Don't know why anyone uses IE anyway.
Old 06-05-2009, 10:48 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Madden NFL 10 Impressions (Pasta Padre)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
This is the quote I like.

"The CPU AI is immensely improved from what I saw on All-Pro difficulty. The CPU was throwing the deep ball, breaking off big runs, and mixing up the play calling. Going up against that for the first time caught me off guard and I ended up paying the price. Surely there will be weaknesses found but I was impressed with the way the CPU attacked in some situations but played it safe in others such as a draw on 3rd and long."
this was also something that i was pleased to hear. I think offline franchise will be much better just because playing the computer will be more fun.
Old 06-05-2009, 10:50 PM   #35
Pro

droopizzle34's Arena

OVR: 18

From what it looks like, Madden 10 will be a HUGE improvement from the previous Madden games of next gen.Alot of things have been added,tweaked,and fixed......yet there will still be moments that make you want to curse EA and be a troll.
I guess the biggest thing I have learned from E3 and Pasta's review is that Rome wasn't built in a day;we're gonna have to be patient as Ian and co. make the game evolve. We are hype about online franchise,but must deal with the shortcomings of no cap,contracts.etc....
I feel happy,and a tad frustrated about some of the things I feel EA should have already gotten right 5 years into this current lifecycle of consoles,but I do see a dedicated team who seems to care about what we want and hopefully we'll see the glory of Madden restored soon.....(or the exclusive license done away wiith....sorry guys,had to throw a shot in there....)

so just have some patience guys, BELIEVE me I feel ya,but Madden 10 seems to be the REAL START of the rise of Madden to greatness again.

Last edited by droopizzle34; 06-05-2009 at 10:53 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2009, 10:51 PM   #36
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Thanx for the impressions.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 06-05-2009, 10:52 PM   #37
MVP

bigwill33's Arena

OVR: 13

Thanks for the write up Pasta, hoping this game is all it can be.
Old 06-05-2009, 10:52 PM   #38
Pro

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Peench
When Ian spoke to you about implementing contracts and cap into O.F., how optimistic did he sound?
Just the sense I got is that it won't be done for this year. I suppose it remains a possibility but I'm not expecting that until 11.
Old 06-05-2009, 10:53 PM   #39
Pro

Smoke316's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
This is the quote I like.

"The CPU AI is immensely improved from what I saw on All-Pro difficulty. The CPU was throwing the deep ball, breaking off big runs, and mixing up the play calling. Going up against that for the first time caught me off guard and I ended up paying the price. Surely there will be weaknesses found but I was impressed with the way the CPU attacked in some situations but played it safe in others such as a draw on 3rd and long."
thats great.. i remember seeing the tougher teams on my schedule and getting worried..only to beat them anyway. It seems now that ill be worried again to see the Pats week 3 of the 2009 season..cant wait

Modest in Speech..Superior in Action

Hit me on Twitter - SeanSemps
Old 06-05-2009, 10:55 PM   #40
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cusefan
Not if you make it a private franchise...OMG!

there are always two option, Public and Private, pick Private and you personally invite your friends.
You're right. I don't know why I would think that they wouldn't have a private setting. Oh I know why.....because there's no salary cap, no contract, and no trade logic. Still though, you're probably right. I was just jumping to conclusions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoL2k
But if you can play a franchise by yourself, online, I am sure you can password protect your franchise or do Invite only, AS WELL as open for anyone...

Just an assumption
You would also ASSUME that they have salary caps, trade.....oh you know the rest. What I'm saying is you can't really assume anything right now.

EDIT: After re-reading my post, it may come off as me being a smartazz to you guys. That's not the case. Actually I was agreeing with you, but it kinda looks like I'm being a jerk or something. That's not the case though.

Last edited by splff3000; 06-05-2009 at 11:00 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »