Home

Madden NFL 10 Franchise Mode Improvements: Part 2 Q&A

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 10 Franchise Mode Improvements: Part 2 Q&A within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 06-16-2009, 07:23 PM   #169
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: NEW FRANCHISE BLOG

Yea but theres a difference between complaining and giving constructive criticism as to what they should change or do differently. I don't have a problem with the latter whatsoever. Saying something is broken is cool, how about saying what they should change instead.
Old 06-16-2009, 07:29 PM   #170
MVP

gr18's Arena

OVR: 11

I've never seen another game where people wrestle with themselves whether to give up the $60.I'm sure many of these people are much more wasteful with their money in other ways in life or with other videogames.

More than likely you'll get much more playing time with Madden '10 then you will with most action games that you'll beat in 20 hrs. or less.

That being said,I certainly understand not wanting to give EA money again for an inferior product.I bought '06 for the PS2 at Christmas time for $20 then didn't buy '07-played 2k5,bought '08 after I got a 360-went back to 2k5,didn't buy '09-still played 2k5.

So I'm far from a Madden fanboy and much closer to a 2k fanboy but am impressed enough by the dev crew and don't understand how you couldn't be.Not everythings perfect but c'mon now lets be realistic.It's the biggest yearly turn-around I've seen.We haven't played it yet so nobody can have 100% certainty.
Old 06-16-2009, 07:31 PM   #171
Banned

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr18
I've never seen another game where people wrestle with themselves whether to give up the $60.I'm sure many of these people are much more wasteful with their money in other ways in life or with other videogames.

More than likely you'll get much more playing time with Madden '10 then you will with most action games that you'll beat in 20 hrs. or less.

That being said,I certainly understand not wanting to give EA money again for an inferior product.I bought '06 for the PS2 at Christmas time for $20 then didn't buy '07-played 2k5,bought '08 after I got a 360-went back to 2k5,didn't buy '09-still played 2k5.

So I'm far from a Madden fanboy and much closer to a 2k fanboy but am impressed enough by the dev crew and don't understand how you couldn't be.Not everythings perfect but c'mon now lets be realistic.It's the biggest yearly turn-around I've seen.We haven't played it yet so nobody can have 100% certainty.
Exactly, I'm not going to complain about the game play until I've actually played it, but that doesn't mean I can't be mad that they wasted 5 minutes of my life with that sad excuse for a blog.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2009, 07:36 PM   #172
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadeion
Since EA has well over $3,000 of my money from the past 18 years, I think I'm allowed to complain when they ask for our input and our questions, then don't answer them.

It's called customer appreciation. In my opinion, it's been a long time coming that EA actually starts bringing the customers into the process. Everyone who says we are 'lucky they even talk to us' needs a reality check. Nobody from EA will EVER say that we're lucky they talk to us, or that we have no right to complain. Because they know damn well that we do have the right to complain, as paying customers.

EA is not a charity... they charge us money. It is a company. And any company that charges customers for a product or service must be open to consumer feedback if they want to remain successful. And that is probably the reason they have opened the doors to us this year, because they knew that their bread and butter franchise (Madden) was turning into garbage, and in order to keep people paying money for it, they'd have to be more open to us. And it is working, but with that comes a responsibility for them to satisfy our questions and concerns, otherwise it defeats the purpose of having an open door policy with their customers.

I do appreciate the efforts they are making, but they aren't doing it for US, they are doing it for THEM... it's to try and save a dying franchise, and anyone who thinks differently is intellectually dishonest.

Ian and the crew seem like they have good intentions, and I'm happy about that... but if they are going to do it, they have to do it right... and answering bare bones, crap questions isn't doing anyone any favors. They are trying to MARKET and SELL a game, that they claim is SOOOO much better, but they have yet to really prove anything...

And EA customers need to stop acting like EA is doing us a FAVOR by fixing a problematic game that we all PAID for last year.... and the year before.... and the year before that.... and before that.... and the years before that.

Also, I have been with my cable company for 2 years... they gave me a free PVR.

I have been with EA for almost 20 years. They have given me.... uhhh..... nothing that I haven't paid for.
im witcha man, madden has been a really bad game since the next gen started (except for madden 09, it was atleast playable). and its taken them this long to finally make a decent next gen game. its not Ian and the new teams fault, they are really changing things for madden in a big way, its just life when the new president has to take the heat for last one who messed everything up, people are tired of a game that has potential and the means to be a great game but is consistantly underachieving, or in football terms a bust.
Old 06-16-2009, 07:38 PM   #173
Pro

OVR: 10

Progression still seems suss to me, last year we were told it was improved but that was not true.

With this blog I was hoping to hear more about it.

And i'm also disappointed it still only happens in the off season.

Why do we get weekly roster updates with rating changes? Why not wait til the SB then release 1 big ratings update? Right, it sounds silly.

If you have this 50 rated player and he kills it for a month, you can't expect them to do it for the whole year and then progress for the following season. I propose a monthly progression system, That was if someone is in outstanding form they will be recognized for it right away.

Anyway, moving on that's something for Madden 11 now, hopefully what's in 10 will be good enough and much better than 09.
Old 06-16-2009, 07:39 PM   #174
MVP

gr18's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadeion
Exactly, I'm not going to complain about the game play until I've actually played it, but that doesn't mean I can't be mad that they wasted 5 minutes of my life with that sad excuse for a blog.
I'm not exactly thrilled with the blog either.I found it too concise and clearly pointed in the 'positive answer' direction.That certainly isn't questioning Josh's integrety though.He's a busy guy and from seeing how some posters react I can understand staying away from the 'it won't be in this year's'.
Old 06-16-2009, 07:39 PM   #175
Banned

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...se-q-blog.html

They didn't even answer the questions in the FIRST SECTION of the VERY FIRST POST.

I don't know how anyone can find that acceptable.

EA, you're trying to sell a game here. Act like it, please.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2009, 07:43 PM   #176
Banned

OVR: 19

Wow. Looks like I might as well play Online Franchise only, because Offline Franchise is just logic/bug fixes with a new menu.

This is the first blog that has disappointed me completely.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »