Home

Madden NFL 10 Video: NFC South

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 10 Video: NFC South within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 06-20-2009, 03:02 PM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Madden NFL 10 Video: NFC South

A few quick thoughts...

- Madden needs a true physics based system. Hopefully for the next gen iterations they'll have an equilvalent to euphoria.
- I LOVE the over the shoulder catches by the WR's.
- Brees break tackles, come on now. That really irritates me. If a defender even breathes on a QB it should be a fumble 3/5 times. Unless it's Mcnabb, Big Ben or a QB of that stature.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2009, 04:35 PM   #66
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tengo Juego
The running animation that Reggie had last year suites him better than the one we saw in this video.

Madden 09 Animation:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35AtHaVB0NM

Real Reggie Run:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8aRh2WUz18

The run animation we saw in that video waay back from Ian should ONLY be for big lumbering runners. NOT for elite speed guys(Hester, Bush, CJ, Parker, etc...)
Nah, the knees are parellel to the ground in madden 09; Reggie does bring his knees up high when he runs;however, no ones knees are parellel to the ground at any point, when they are running.

To make the running animations more realistic, the strides of the players must be shorter.

I'd really like to hear Ian's point of view on this. They have to see it.
Old 06-20-2009, 04:53 PM   #67
MVP

Tengo Juego's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmacho
Nah, the knees are parellel to the ground in madden 09; Reggie does bring his knees up high when he runs;however, no ones knees are parellel to the ground at any point, when they are running.

To make the running animations more realistic, the strides of the players must be shorter.

I still don't like the running animation being removed completely. Sure its not the most accurate. But it sure as heck isn't accurate for Reggie to run like a bigger back.

EDIT: Has that animation been removed from 10?

Old 06-20-2009, 05:10 PM   #68
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:

I honestly don't think he'll make a comment on it. I would be very very surprised. In essence, he'll have to concede that they jacked up the run animation. The question is, will they go the extra effort to tweak it.. so at least the stride is faster.

Imagine playing a shooter with no recoil.. a racing game that doesn't show a sense of speed. Those animations really take the believability out of the game imo. I don't understand how they could let that slide as acceptable.
Old 06-20-2009, 05:20 PM   #69
Banned

OVR: 7
Some animations still appear to be too stiff!!
Old 06-20-2009, 05:30 PM   #70
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by vision
I honestly don't think he'll make a comment on it. I would be very very surprised. In essence, he'll have to concede that they jacked up the run animation. The question is, will they go the extra effort to tweak it.. so at least the stride is faster.

Imagine playing a shooter with no recoil.. a racing game that doesn't show a sense of speed. Those animations really take the believability out of the game imo. I don't understand how they could let that slide as acceptable.
Hopefully shorter strides won't break the entire game; It shouldn't, but I'm not a programmer, so I wouldn't know.

Last edited by Dmacho; 06-20-2009 at 09:10 PM.
Old 06-20-2009, 05:38 PM   #71
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Hopefully shorters strides won't break the entire game; It shouldn't, but I'm not a programmer, so I wouldn't know.
It depends on how the animate with shorter strides. We dont want the players feet moving fast while it looks like they're barely going anywhere, lol.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2009, 05:49 PM   #72
Rookie

OVR: 1

cool

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »