Home

Madden NFL 10 Hands-On Preview

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 10 Hands-On Preview within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 07-29-2009, 11:51 AM   #105
Rookie

OVR: 16
"Steve: The bottom line is that this game has improved drastically in one year, and I haven't been this excited about Madden in a very long time -- I'm sure many of you feel the same way. "

Where have I heard that before.

Oh yeah. Last year.
Madden 09 review.

"Fast forward three years. Madden NFL 2009 is the best version of Madden that I’ve played in a long time.

In the present, Madden is still leaps and bounds better than recent efforts, and is my favorite football title in years."

dannydufflebags @ 07/27/09 08:56 PM
I can't help but know that this review is totally biased.

"To make things even better, the development team has been here on the OS boards constantly, and genuinely appears to be interested in the community’s voice. "

You betcha.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2009, 11:54 AM   #106
Rookie

OVR: 16
The best Madden I have played in years was Madden 08 on XBOX.

This year's version reminds me of the PS one Madden circa. With pbetter graphics. .
Old 07-29-2009, 11:56 AM   #107
Black Mamba

Shadymamba's Arena

OVR: 26
great work steve very in depth thanks...i'm still waiting till about christmas or after, after the sliders are out and a couple of patches come out then im all over this when the weather hits below 0 in NY lol
Old 07-29-2009, 06:57 PM   #108
MVP

Gossennator's Arena

OVR: 15
awesome stuff, thanks.
Old 07-29-2009, 10:50 PM   #109
Rookie

OVR: 10
Christmas in August? Well I do believe so folks. I preordered mine last month. I'm curious to know just for fun if you could get this w/o preordering it? I dunno, it just seems as if Madden 10' will be the game to have! I am so friggin excited!
Old 07-30-2009, 07:19 PM   #110
Rookie

OVR: 11
I am a huge NFL 2K fan so you can imaaaaaaagine how I felt when EA nabbed up the NFL exclusivity license. After that move, I've had nothing but disdain for EA Sports and Madden. Having said that, I actually gave the demo for Madden 10 a spin, and I must admit....this is perhaps the closest that Madden has actually come to offering a TRUE simulation-type experience in a looooong time. It seems that Tiburon has abandoned the fast paced arcade syle in favor of a more realistic slow styled pacing. Don't get me wrong - it's not the phenomenal leap in quality (from traditional Madden styled gameplay) that NFL 2K5 was, but it seems that the developers have opted to mimick the NFL 2K feel instead, even down to the sideline cutscenes, while making apparent improvements in the animation and overall gameplay. However, I'm still not completely sold on the demo alone, as EA has a horrible habit of offering very limited demos of their games, making it hard to get a good overall assessment of the gameplay (It also didn't help being limited to playing on a snow covered field). Legitimately good reviews and a potential rental might change that, though. But if nothing else, I can honestly say that EA has FINALLY started taking steps toward making a quality sim for the current gen systems - a move that's now 5 years overdue.
Old 07-30-2009, 07:33 PM   #111
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Madden NFL 10 Hands-On Preview

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackRome
"Steve: The bottom line is that this game has improved drastically in one year, and I haven't been this excited about Madden in a very long time -- I'm sure many of you feel the same way. "

Where have I heard that before.

Oh yeah. Last year.
Madden 09 review.

"Fast forward three years. Madden NFL 2009 is the best version of Madden that I’ve played in a long time.

In the present, Madden is still leaps and bounds better than recent efforts, and is my favorite football title in years."

dannydufflebags @ 07/27/09 08:56 PM
I can't help but know that this review is totally biased.

"To make things even better, the development team has been here on the OS boards constantly, and genuinely appears to be interested in the community’s voice. "

You betcha.

Good post!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2009, 07:35 PM   #112
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Madden NFL 10 Hands-On Preview

Has he posted the stuff about Offline franchise yet?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »