Home

Speed settings tested in Practice Mode

This is a discussion on Speed settings tested in Practice Mode within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-10-2009, 11:39 AM   #41
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Speed settings tested in Practice Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by leereezy
how were you able to hit start then push up and hold the turbo button in one sequence.

wouldn't there be a delay on ur part?

i mean i can see hitting the start button and just pushing up, but to get to turbo as well?

how was ur right hand positioned?

just curious that's all.
I had the Dual Shock in my right hand. I had my middle finger holding down the Sprint while CJ was at the 40yd line and stationary. I tapped the start button on my iPhone, which was in my lap, with my left index finger at the same time that I Pushed up on the Left Analog stick with my right thumb. The start button on the iPhone's stop watch is very big, so it was not hard to hit it and push up at the same time.

Did I do them both EXACTLY at the same time? No, but then again, when you time a 40 in real life, the start of the runner and the button press of the stop watch is not perfect either. Human error is involved in both. That's why you do it more than once to get a baseline.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2009, 11:41 AM   #42
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Only1LT
From a practical standpoint. it makes no difference. As long as it is accurate to real life, that is the most important thing.

However, from a confidence standpoint, to me at least, it makes a world of difference. If they arrived at the right result, but only through their incompetence, well then let's just say that I am not sure how I would feel about that.
2 things.

1) you'll probably never know.
2) it's kind of a silly stance to take. you, as the user, are only looking at the end product. so the steps taken really aren't important, if it comes out right. let's say, for example, you are listening to a song, and there's this really awesome chord progression. does it matter if the person playing just hit the wrong key and realized it sounded good?

tiburon specifically stated the game was too fast so they scaled it back. that leads me to believe they knew that guys run slower in pads than they do on the track, and therefore reduced the speed of the players. besides, we all know 40 times aren't really the best indicator of how fast a guy will appear on the football field. devin hester is one example. there were a lot of guys on the hurricane team who were faster than him, but he was the one killing it on returns, not them.
Old 08-10-2009, 11:44 AM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 10

40 time at a combine is all about technique and your running in a straight line. Your pumping both arms foward which gives you more momentum too. When your in pads and helmet and carrying a football it effects your time. Why don't you get somebody that is fast run a 40 yard dash with T shirt and shorts, then shoulder pads helmets, then with them carrying a football but not at the same time cause of fatigue...or maybe i will do it i run a 4.4
Old 08-10-2009, 11:48 AM   #44
Pro

masterkembo's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
I had the Dual Shock in my right hand. I had my middle finger holding down the Sprint while CJ was at the 40yd line and stationary. I tapped the start button on my iPhone, which was in my lap, with my left index finger at the same time that I Pushed up on the Left Analog stick with my right thumb. The start button on the iPhone's stop watch is very big, so it was not hard to hit it and push up at the same time.

Did I do them both EXACTLY at the same time? No, but then again, when you time a 40 in real life, the start of the runner and the button press of the stop watch is not perfect either. Human error is involved in both. That's why you do it more than once to get a baseline.
Are you sure you used your left index finger?? lol some people are crazy nitpickers.
Old 08-10-2009, 11:49 AM   #45
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrprice33
2 things.

1) you'll probably never know.
2) it's kind of a silly stance to take. you, as the user, are only looking at the end product. so the steps taken really aren't important, if it comes out right. let's say, for example, you are listening to a song, and there's this really awesome chord progression. does it matter if the person playing just hit the wrong key and realized it sounded good?

tiburon specifically stated the game was too fast so they scaled it back. that leads me to believe they knew that guys run slower in pads than they do on the track, and therefore reduced the speed of the players. besides, we all know 40 times aren't really the best indicator of how fast a guy will appear on the football field. devin hester is one example. there were a lot of guys on the hurricane team who were faster than him, but he was the one killing it on returns, not them.
Lol. Thanks for the advice, but I think I will continue to focus on what I want to in my life. You don't have to understand nor agree with it.

If it makes no difference to you, great. I don't know if it makes a difference to me or not, but it might.

If Boeing got lucky and made a safe airplane ONE time, it might not matter to the people that are on THAT particular plane, but it damn sure would matter to the passengers of the other ones lol.

Last edited by Only1LT; 08-10-2009 at 11:52 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2009, 11:50 AM   #46
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterkembo
Are you sure you used your left index finger?? lol some people are crazy nitpickers.
LOL. I knew that people would be that's why I spelled it out for him, AGAIN. Even though I explained it in my original post just as completely. Comes with the territory.
Old 08-10-2009, 11:57 AM   #47
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

the boeing analogy isn't exactly a good one.

if the result is more or less in tune with real life, how they got there isn't important.
Old 08-10-2009, 12:04 PM   #48
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
LOL. I knew that people would be that's why I spelled it out for him, AGAIN. Even though I explained it in my original post just as completely. Comes with the territory.

actually the second time you wrote it out was more informative then the 1st post you made.

it's not nitpicking masterkembo. i wanted to see how he actually did that while holding those items to get his results.

you might be trying to read minds or something leave the mind reading stuff to the people that charge for it.

sheesh!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »