Home

AFL DLC: Is it worth it?

This is a discussion on AFL DLC: Is it worth it? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-31-2009, 02:24 AM   #1
Hall Of Fame

BlueNGold's Arena

OVR: 41
AFL DLC: Is it worth it?

Just wondering because I have some extra points to use and was thinking of getting it. For those that bought it, do you regret getting it and feel it was a waste of money/points? or do you think it was worth it?

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-31-2009, 07:19 AM   #2
MVP

RaiderKtulu's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: AFL DLC: Is it worth it?

Depends, do you *really* like any of the AFL uniforms?

The sepia presentation gets old kinda quickly, and I honestly found it annoying when the announcers refer to the teams by their AFL name. Titans vs Jets is announced as Oilers vs Titans and it's silly.

But the uniforms are nice to have, minus the couple small mistakes.
Old 10-31-2009, 07:41 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 17

I find it disrespectful that PS3 users get the AFL DLC pack for free meanwhile 360 people have to pay. Im not spending any money on a bunch of jerseys that should have been in the game when it came out.
Old 10-31-2009, 07:54 AM   #4
DickDalewood

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueNGold
Just wondering because I have some extra points to use and was thinking of getting it. For those that bought it, do you regret getting it and feel it was a waste of money/points? or do you think it was worth it?
I think it's sweet BNG, especially during a franchise, since all the games that are doing the AFL stuff in real life will in Madden as well. It's a nice touch. I do turn the sepia look off though.

It realy is up to you though. I thought it was worth it though

Old 10-31-2009, 08:05 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by AboveTheRim
I find it disrespectful that PS3 users get the AFL DLC pack for free meanwhile 360 people have to pay. Im not spending any money on a bunch of jerseys that should have been in the game when it came out.
I agree 100%, if ps3 owners get it free, so should 360 owners.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-31-2009, 10:46 AM   #6
Hall Of Fame

BlueNGold's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by DickDalewood
I think it's sweet BNG, especially during a franchise, since all the games that are doing the AFL stuff in real life will in Madden as well. It's a nice touch. I do turn the sepia look off though.

It realy is up to you though. I thought it was worth it though
Oh yeah. I forgot about Franchise mode having the AFL throwback games like in real life. I'm guessing it's only for the first season of Franchise right? I think I'm probably gonna get it because I want the Chargers throwbacks.

I agree with you guys that say it sucks PS3 gets the DLC free but at the same time us 360 owners usually end up getting a lot of things over PS3 so I'm not that upset about it since IMO its only fair for the PS3 to get some things over 360.

Old 10-31-2009, 01:07 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 7

Had they not offered it for free on the PS3 I would've not bought it.
Old 10-31-2009, 01:09 PM   #8
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by AboveTheRim
It was a promotional thing with Reebok. Stuff like this happens all the time with DLC for games. No need to feel disrespected because it doesn't benefit you right now. A lot of other games have 360-only promos.

---

To answer the OP, the DLC is kind of interesting to play with. Being a fan of the Bears, I have no incentive to get it, but I'm on PS3 and got it for free. For free, it's fun. Would I have paid for it? Having no vested interest in any team that was part of the AFL, probably not.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »