Home

Five Essential Fixes for Madden NFL 11

This is a discussion on Five Essential Fixes for Madden NFL 11 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 11-14-2009, 03:37 AM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 2
I agree with following; 5. Replace Tom Hammond, 3. Advanced depth charts, 2. Atmosphere, 1. Telecast Integration. I want to add a few more. Correct cut scene timing. ( Quarter Back ) on the phone etc. Cut scenes to frequent and out of place. Sideline awareness and Sideline collision or reaction. If APF can do it with a small budget why not EA sports.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-14-2009, 04:19 AM   #66
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Five Essential Fixes for Madden NFL 11

The only one of those five for me is Hammond. On the rare occasions I find myself having a good time playing this game he puts me to sleep.

The other areas are all gameplay problems or unfinished business.

2. Finish online franchise mode likes caps, contracts, maybe let us do schedules, realign divisions n stuff and IR type stuff in offline franchise mode that don't work as well.

3. The trenches. There were entire blogs dedicated to blocking and how it was emphasized and it is still awful. The spinning guards or lineman running right past lbs, lineman that turn traitor and block your fgs , lineman ratings, everything about that part of the game is terrible.

4. Analog running with more speeds than "high gear" and "low gear",

5. Tone down the glitchy animations if you can't remove them. Guys sliding,morphing, turbo boosting to the ball. Crazy animations where guys are knocked to within a foot of the ground only to find a way to stand back up and run over dlineman.

Those are 5 absolutes for me, and I'll have to see them work in my rental copy before the thought of a purchase ever crosses my mind.
Old 11-14-2009, 04:52 AM   #67
EA Game Changer

LuGer33's Arena

OVR: 10
Definitely agree on the Telecast integration. Would love to see that!
Old 11-14-2009, 09:30 AM   #68
Banned

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
The only one of those five for me is Hammond. On the rare occasions I find myself having a good time playing this game he puts me to sleep.

The other areas are all gameplay problems or unfinished business.

2. Finish online franchise mode likes caps, contracts, maybe let us do schedules, realign divisions n stuff and IR type stuff in offline franchise mode that don't work as well.

3. The trenches. There were entire blogs dedicated to blocking and how it was emphasized and it is still awful. The spinning guards or lineman running right past lbs, lineman that turn traitor and block your fgs , lineman ratings, everything about that part of the game is terrible.

4. Analog running with more speeds than "high gear" and "low gear",

5. Tone down the glitchy animations if you can't remove them. Guys sliding,morphing, turbo boosting to the ball. Crazy animations where guys are knocked to within a foot of the ground only to find a way to stand back up and run over dlineman.

Those are 5 absolutes for me, and I'll have to see them work in my rental copy before the thought of a purchase ever crosses my mind.
Great post kjcheezhead. I will NEVER buy another Madden title without renting it first. This sounds like the start of a great new trend.
Old 11-14-2009, 09:39 AM   #69
Banned

OVR: 14

I think the biggest thing this game needs is a new physics engine. When my 300lb DT runs in to a blocking HB he shouldn't be getting stopped on a dime.

They have yet to accurately portray the struggle for territory as their physics engine is dated. Pro Tak is a nice concept but look how silly some of the physics that go with it look. There's those instances where the HB charges in to an LB and is just stopped cold, no push whatsoever.

1. Physics

2. Making CPU AI more lifelike

CB's shouldn't be running the route before the WR, or turning and picking off a pass when they couldn't see the ball in the first place.

3. Make Ratings Matter!!!!!

As I'm sure EA's seen you can still 5 K's on the line and still battle the best of them, wtf!? Strength should matter, I should know when I'm drafting a DE with 95 strength he's going to be able to move the lineman on a regular basis

Seems the only rating that does matter in this game is speed...
Old 11-14-2009, 09:40 AM   #70
Banned

OVR: 14

Yeah I'll def be renting first....this year's version I just felt so taken advantage of...
Old 11-14-2009, 09:59 AM   #71
Rookie

Falcons11497's Arena

OVR: 13

how about update each teams stadiums alsospecifically the georgia dome...we got rid of the blue seats like 2 years ago
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-14-2009, 10:47 AM   #72
Banned

OVR: 28
i have a real good one.

make a special ps3 madden.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »