Home

Madden 10: AskMadden Tip of the Week

This is a discussion on Madden 10: AskMadden Tip of the Week within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 11-21-2009, 05:00 PM   #65
Pro

OVR: 21
Re: Madden 10: AskMadden Tip of the Week

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAHAM
I don't understand what you don't get. Half the reason you use the bunch 3wr to get a natural pick is because the two recievers are lined off the line while the middle reciever in the bunch is on the line. Its not smart to jam when you see that set. The middle reciever is easily jammed, but not the recievers off the line. If the middle reciever is jammed, it takes the lane from the defender covering the inside reciever going to the flats. The inside reciever runs under the other player being jammed at the line easily because he's off the LOS. It works because it should. It's not rocket science.
Clearly I "get it", after all you just rewrote what I had already posted and added "I dont understand what you dont get" infront of it. Setting a pick has got nothing to do with routing your players to cause a DB to run directly into another player at the snap of the ball.

Woodson isnt even close enough to jam Jackson, the pick is set only by the hot routing. I just told you, from my own experimenting this works with speed DB's just as well. The only times it wont work is if you change the routes to prevent the overlapping.

Im not sure what playing in game or in practice changes. In theroy players should recat the same in either mode.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-21-2009, 05:04 PM   #66
Banned

dfos81's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMoody
Im not sure what playing in game or in practice changes. In theroy players should recat the same in either mode.
The A.I. doesn't adapt in practice mode, like they do in games(specifically franchise games).
Old 11-21-2009, 05:05 PM   #67
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfos81
Thankyou, he makes an excuse for bumping WR's all the way down the field(animation issue), but complains about a natural rub/pick off the los(another animation issue). So that point is nullified.

Bottom line, if he keeps calling BnR globally, I'm going to call bunch plays. This is CHESS not CHECKERS my friends!
Im not making any excuse for the animation issue, but thats anything but a "natrual" rub or pick. Its also not an animation issue, its a tracking issue.

You shouldnt be justifying anything tit for tat with game issues. Since the bad jam animations ruin your deep routes that makes it fair play to hot route your guys to make them run into DB's?

Yea, that sounds like a real good straigty and "chess matched" way to play.
Old 11-21-2009, 05:12 PM   #68
Banned

dfos81's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Im not making any excuse for the animation issue, but thats anything but a "natrual" rub or pick. Its also not an animation issue, its a tracking issue.
Animation issue, tracking issue. You keep saying its in the rule book that the dbs can keep contact w/ the WR's all the way down the field, sounds like defending the animation issue to me.

Quote:
Its right in the NFL rule book that DB's are allow to maintain legal contact with players down field.
We all know the game has issues.

I'm still going to use bunch plays, when I see the D playing the global BnR every play.

If you don't like Bunch, then don't use the global BnR every play.
Now when I force you to use a different startegy b/c yours isn't working anymore, that is when the chess match begins!
BTW Checkmate!

Last edited by dfos81; 11-21-2009 at 05:21 PM.
Old 11-21-2009, 07:16 PM   #69
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfos81
Bottom line, if he keeps calling BnR globally, I'm going to call bunch plays. This is CHESS not CHECKERS my friends!
Figuring out how to stop bugs/glitches sounds more like go fish to me.

Chess would imply using real offensive plays to break a given defense, and using real defensive plays to stop a given offensive call.
Old 11-21-2009, 07:39 PM   #70
Pro

You guys keep playing like that, convince yourself its fair strategy and reflects your knowledge or understanding of football.

Ultimately, its sad that in 2010 we are even having a 7 page argument that boils down to poor animations being looped and poor tracking that causes players to blindly run right into each other.

Certainly not what should be expected from the worlds largest motion capture facility, or a game that claims it has adaptive AI.
Old 11-21-2009, 07:43 PM   #71
#Ace

Speedy's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Ultimately, its sad that in 2010 we are even having a 7 page argument that boils down to poor animations being looped and poor tracking that causes players to blindly run right into each other.

Certainly not what should be expected from the worlds largest motion capture facility, or a game that claims it has adaptive AI.
I am so tired of posts like these. Do you have anything good to say about this game? As soon as I see your name I know it's something critical and negative with an arrogant and pompous view.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-21-2009, 07:46 PM   #72
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeUnc2321
I am so tired of posts like these. Do you have anything good to say about this game? As soon as I see your name I know it's something critical and negative with an arrogant and pompous view.
Wow. Tell me how you really feel, because I could care less. If you dont like what I have to say then you can add me to your ignore list or just not read it.

Hope your insulting of me, out of no where, has inflated your internet ego.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »