Home

Madden NFL 11 Blog: Run Blocking Improvements

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 11 Blog: Run Blocking Improvements within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-17-2010, 07:35 PM   #225
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: Madden NFL 11 Blog: Run Blocking Improvements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
IMO, difficulty should not effect CPU AI. I think difficulty should effect the effectiveness of user stick moves, being more lenient with the timing. I think it should help the user perform up to player ratings.

For example, help the user break tackles even if they don't use the controls. Same with shedding blocks. Make throws, jukes, ect effective even when the user's timing is off with the controls.

With the new play calling feature, maybe call a better game for users on the lower levels.
I kind of feel that the player should have more time to react at the lower levels, in effect, slowing down the reactions of the CPU. However, you are obviously entitled to your opinion.

One of the cd guys (i think) responed to me in a different thread and alluded to the fact that this delayed reaction isn't present at the higher levels. Remember, the video was chosed to highlight the blocking assignments, not defensive reaction. I thought the video did a pretty good job of showing that, but it would have been nice to see the same play ran against more than just one defense.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2010, 05:32 PM   #226
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16

It was a pretty popular belief that the run blocking vids were on the Rookie difficulty level. I think that Ian might have tweeted to that same effect.

In the Live Chat today though, it was... insinuated, for lack of a better word, that the game was on All-Pro. Here is the quote:

Madden NFL Dev Team:
I captured the videos myself during normal gameplay. I ball on All-Pro but you can successfully run any of those plays just as illustrated in the blog on any skill level. But of course the frequency plays developing just as they are drawn up on the board will be different on the different skill levels.

Not sure what to think then. Was it on Rookie or All-Pro? If that was All-Pro, someone got some 'splainin to do lol.
Old 05-20-2010, 05:41 PM   #227
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Only1LT
It was a pretty popular belief that the run blocking vids were on the Rookie difficulty level. I think that Ian might have tweeted to that same effect.

In the Live Chat today though, it was... insinuated, for lack of a better word, that the game was on All-Pro. Here is the quote:

Madden NFL Dev Team:
I captured the videos myself during normal gameplay. I ball on All-Pro but you can successfully run any of those plays just as illustrated in the blog on any skill level. But of course the frequency plays developing just as they are drawn up on the board will be different on the different skill levels.

Not sure what to think then. Was it on Rookie or All-Pro? If that was All-Pro, someone got some 'splainin to do lol.
Wasn't there some positives about defense being addressed in that live chat as well?
Old 05-20-2010, 05:52 PM   #228
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Wasn't there some positives about defense being addressed in that live chat as well?
Yes, they briefly spoke about DT s pushing lineman into the backfield to disrupt runs.
Old 05-20-2010, 06:26 PM   #229
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Only1LT

Madden NFL Dev Team:

Yea, he really answered that in a real round about way. But, I gotta go with what Ian said how it was recorded on rookie.
Old 05-20-2010, 06:35 PM   #230
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Run Blocking Improvements

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
Umm...because the majority of Madden fans probably don't give a hoot about NCAA? To those folks this is brand new stuff.
I'm not sure why especially since NCAA prior to this year has been better than Madden IMO

But hey both games are shapping up really good this year and the AI improved blocking logic will be a welcome addition for both.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 05-20-2010, 07:33 PM   #231
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskerwr38
Yea, he really answered that in a real round about way. But, I gotta go with what Ian said how it was recorded on rookie.
Yeah, but why do it in a round about way? Why not just say it was on rookie or just say it was on all pro? **sigh** I just don't understand EA sometimes. SMH
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »