Home

Gus Johnson Confirmed Play-By-Play Commentator For Madden NFL 11 w/ Gameplay Video

This is a discussion on Gus Johnson Confirmed Play-By-Play Commentator For Madden NFL 11 w/ Gameplay Video within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-22-2010, 12:53 PM   #89
Banned

tlc12576's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Gus Johnson Confirmed Play-By-Play Commentator For Madden NFL 11 w/ Gameplay Vide

Quote:
Originally Posted by at23steelers
This is a good find. But isn't the obvious guess, is that madden 11 will use CBS sports, since Gus announces on CBS. I doubt, both games will use both, so this would be the only one that makes sense.
I hear what you saying but I think you are forgetting something.If the only thing was CBS in Madden 11 we would have probably heard NCAA Football 11 audio by now.So NCAA Football 11 probably has two commentary teams like NCAA Basketball 10 and Madden 11,CBS presentation at the least.

You might be right,they could just be waitng til E3 to make those big annoucements for each game but I think there is more for Madden 11.

When I said it will probably be a variation of both,Im thinking Madden 11 will use CBS most games then use ESPN for Monday Night and other specific games.Think about it,Monday Night football was shown on the score banner in Madden 10.They add CBS this year,how annoying would it be to see CBS logo for MNF when we know they have the rights to ESPN.

If we are lucky,they will sneak in a second commentary team too.Considering how diificult it was to keep Gus Johnson a secret,a second team isn't likely but all that early Johnson buzz could of been just another decoy.

So I think we will see some great stuff come out of E3.The last element to finalize these presentation upgrades is so simple but so amazing,IMO.All this talk of stadium/team specific audio,might Hank Willams Jr be on the Madden 11 soundtrack?
Old 05-22-2010, 01:51 PM   #90
MVP

cowboy_kmoney's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Gus Johnson Confirmed Play-By-Play Commentator For Madden NFL 11 w/ Gameplay Vide

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlc12576
I hear what you saying but I think you are forgetting something.If the only thing was CBS in Madden 11 we would have probably heard NCAA Football 11 audio by now.So NCAA Football 11 probably has two commentary teams like NCAA Basketball 10 and Madden 11,CBS presentation at the least.

You might be right,they could just be waitng til E3 to make those big annoucements for each game but I think there is more for Madden 11.

When I said it will probably be a variation of both,Im thinking Madden 11 will use CBS most games then use ESPN for Monday Night and other specific games.Think about it,Monday Night football was shown on the score banner in Madden 10.They add CBS this year,how annoying would it be to see CBS logo for MNF when we know they have the rights to ESPN.

If we are lucky,they will sneak in a second commentary team too.Considering how diificult it was to keep Gus Johnson a secret,a second team isn't likely but all that early Johnson buzz could of been just another decoy.

So I think we will see some great stuff come out of E3.The last element to finalize these presentation upgrades is so simple but so amazing,IMO.All this talk of stadium/team specific audio,might Hank Willams Jr be on the Madden 11 soundtrack?
Bro I think your right on with this because its realistic on them adding all the music plus Ive been saying in my old wish list post from last year they needed to put Hank in on Monday night games.
Old 05-22-2010, 01:56 PM   #91
Pro

J Masta J's Arena

OVR: 9

Not to be a d/ck, but I think you are all setting yourself up for a colossal disappointment. EA has made some good changes so far, sure, but I'm not sure where your guys' absurdly high expectations come from.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-22-2010, 01:59 PM   #92
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Masta J
Not to be a d/ck, but I think you are all setting yourself up for a colossal disappointment. EA has made some good changes so far, sure, but I'm not sure where your guys' absurdly high expectations come from.
???

What do you mean? People wanted Hammond gone and people like Gus Johnson...

Seems to me that most people in this thread are happy just solely due to those things for the most part.
Old 05-22-2010, 02:12 PM   #93
Banned

tlc12576's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Masta J
I can uderstand if you dont agree with my speculations and expectations but there not "absurdly high".I didnt just say I think a bunch of stuff will be in Madden 11 because I had dream about it.I gave evidence of why I thought there is a good chance of these things being in the game.I even made a distinction between the things I thought were likely and unlikely.I dont see anything absurdly high minded about any of that.

Have you read the NCAA Bsketball 10 blog and looked at how its features matcup with NCAA Football and Madden 11 JMasta?

Last edited by tlc12576; 05-22-2010 at 02:14 PM.
Old 05-22-2010, 02:19 PM   #94
Banned

OVR: 1

Wow this game looks just like and plays like Madden 10. I dont care what the game sounds like if it plays like that same crap from last year.
Old 05-22-2010, 02:23 PM   #95
Pro

J Masta J's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgamer90
???

What do you mean? People wanted Hammond gone and people like Gus Johnson...

Seems to me that most people in this thread are happy just solely due to those things for the most part.
I'm referring to people who think that this is somehow only the tip of the presentation iceberg, and that we're now bound to have broadcast elements from real TV channels and two teams...

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-22-2010, 03:16 PM   #96
16 Time World Champion

Nature_Boy's Arena

OVR: 30
Icon14 Re: Gus Johnson Confirmed Play-By-Play Commentator For Madden NFL 11 w/ Gameplay Vide

Gus Johnson is a welcome addition to the game. He brings new life to the commentary.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »