Home

Old 06-13-2010, 03:53 PM   #33
Banned

OVR: 9
Re: Ian & Co.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whammer
It's hard not to watch this video and not think that Ian is lying right to your face!
"it's not just a bunch of people attaching/tackling the guy" - Ian on Pro-Tak

well, that's definitely a pretty straight forward lie. that's exactly what pro-tak is, an animation that attaches a certain amount of players that you can't not interact with or control. just wow.
Old 06-13-2010, 04:43 PM   #34
Pro

J Masta J's Arena

Quote:
Do yourself a favor and rent NHL and FIFA and you will see just how badly Madden is missing the mark compared to other sports games. The FIFA World Cup is on right now. Rent the World Cup South Africa game, watch an actual game on tv and then fire up the game and you will see that EA Canada has duplicated EVERYTHING you see on tv and see in the game. It's amazing. You cannot tell them apart!

Madden 10 was my first Madden purchased in several years. I did enjoy the game and played it for about 2 months. But once NHL 10 and FIFA 10 were released Madden went unplayed. This was never the case in the PS2 days, I could play Madden year round. But something is just off with next gen versions and I really don't think Ian, EA, etc. "get it".
Yah. I feel the same way. Sure, there are glaring deficiencies in the game that are readily identifiable, but even then there's something about all the versions on the current gen that just seem to lack some "it" factor they had back in the ps2 days. Shame.

Old 06-13-2010, 06:19 PM   #35
Banned

OVR: 17

Quote:
Do yourself a favor and rent NHL and FIFA and you will see just how badly Madden is missing the mark compared to other sports games. The FIFA World Cup is on right now. Rent the World Cup South Africa game, watch an actual game on tv and then fire up the game and you will see that EA Canada has duplicated EVERYTHING you see on tv and see in the game. It's amazing. You cannot tell them apart!

Madden 10 was my first Madden purchased in several years. I did enjoy the game and played it for about 2 months. But once NHL 10 and FIFA 10 were released Madden went unplayed. This was never the case in the PS2 days, I could play Madden year round. But something is just off with next gen versions and I really don't think Ian, EA, etc. "get it".
I don't agree with you at all. I've played the living shat out of Madden 10 as well as NHL 09 and currently NHL 10. NHL 10 is by no means perfect either. The trade system is ridiculous in NHL 10. I currently have a legendary rating as a GM and I never see much of any trade offers (either during the draft, at trade deadline, or any point during the season) come my way that conform to my trading block setup. Top free agents that go unsigned in the offseason will stay unsigned through multiple years.....playing out much of their careers on the FA list. Set your offensive strategy to "crash the net" on any difficulty or slider setting and I can put one timers past any goalie in the game at will. Win the faceoff at center ice and you can simply skate it right down the boards and hit the opposite winger for easy goals more often than not. I'll take Madden's franchise mode over NHL 10's any day. At least the trading block actually works in Madden. At least elite free agents get signed during the offseason.

And it's funny how people expect to play a game non-stop for months on end and still be just as jazzed as when they bought it. Any game gets stale and comes out of the rotation for a bit after 2 months.....unless we're talking about Halo/MF FPS online nerdlingers who've never even held hands with a girl and live their lives on Xbox Live.

Madden 10 played a very solid game of football and was a significant leap forward for the franchise. Any rational and objective person not blinded by childish grudges can see it. I could've done without the poorly done "halftime show" but aside from that the good far outweighs the bad with Madden 10. And now we'll have Pro-tak (which works very well) combined with new dual analog controls, locomotion, streamlined in-game experience for those who choose to make use of it, and improved presentation. Seriously, you're complaining about that? And based on your subsequent posts you're obviously looking for things to nitpick about.....and really reaching in the process.

Last edited by metallicatz; 06-13-2010 at 06:25 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2010, 06:36 PM   #36
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMR
I don't agree with you at all. I've played the living shat out of Madden 10 as well as NHL 09 and currently NHL 10. NHL 10 is by no means perfect either. The trade system is ridiculous in NHL 10. I currently have a legendary rating as a GM and I never see much of any trade offers (either during the draft, at trade deadline, or any point during the season) come my way that conform to my trading block setup. Top free agents that go unsigned in the offseason will stay unsigned through multiple years.....playing out much of their careers on the FA list. Set your offensive strategy to "crash the net" on any difficulty or slider setting and I can put one timers past any goalie in the game at will. Win the faceoff at center ice and you can simply skate it right down the boards and hit the opposite winger for easy goals more often than not. I'll take Madden's franchise mode over NHL 10's any day. At least the trading block actually works in Madden. At least elite free agents get signed during the offseason.

And it's funny how people expect to play a game non-stop for months on end and still be just as jazzed as when they bought it. Any game gets stale and comes out of the rotation for a bit after 2 months.....unless we're talking about Halo/MF FPS online nerdlingers who've never even held hands with a girl and live their lives on Xbox Live.

Madden 10 played a very solid game of football and was a significant leap forward for the franchise. Any rational and objective person not blinded by childish grudges can see it. I could've done without the poorly done "halftime show" but aside from that the good far outweighs the bad with Madden 10. And now we'll have Pro-tak (which works very well) combined with new dual analog controls, locomotion, streamlined in-game experience for those who choose to make use of it, and improved presentation. Seriously, you're complaining about that? And based on your subsequent posts you're obviously looking for things to nitpick about.....and really reaching in the process.
these are definitely things I wish I could see your way, Pro-Tak working very well??? That's very laughable. Madden is still only only football game in current gen were an animation kicks in & you're not allowed to make a intelligent move on the play as a defender, and pro-tak made it even worse to control the actual outcome. I could do without Pro-Tak until they fix their game play issues. Locomotion is not fixing any issues either, the newest video they have out shows a receiver going into a tip-toe sidelines catch then rendering into a full on sprint somehow. The issues still remain. It's not nitpicking, Madden still isn't up to par with most sports games unfortunately. Anyone who has played other sports games should be able to see that.
Old 06-13-2010, 06:41 PM   #37
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMR
While this is true, it seems Madden just wears thin so much quicker than it used to. The PS2 versions I would play pretty much everyday, atleast until Christmas. Now, I am lucky if I make September.

Hearing the commentary in the latest video just made me cringe...the one line we have heard from Collinsworth so far was a generic statement that has been used each of the last two years. Plus almost every tackle animation I have seen so far has been from past games. So, they really don't seem to be striving to freshen up anything...
Old 06-13-2010, 06:50 PM   #38
MVP

OVR: 46

I thought M10 was a good game they just need to work on fixing pro-tak and the OL/DL interaction the most to help with the funning game
Old 06-13-2010, 07:01 PM   #39
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjv31_OS
I think the OP is correct. I have talked to Ian one on one many times. He is as sim as we are. IMO, Madden 10 was night and day from 09. We haven't played 11 yet. So maybe we should see what he and the team has done with it before we jump off the bridge.
I agree. Thats's why I support the madden team. I saw big change from madden 09 to madden 10. Like Adem are another CD person said in a post a few weeks ago. You can't really get a feel for the game by just watching videos of it. You must play the game to get the feel of it. So people should not jump the gun until they have played madden 11 themselves. We will get our first taste of locomotion when the ncaa 11 demo comes out tomorrow. But bottomline most people know me by now that I'm going to surpport Ian and company fully for now. People just have not given Ian and Phil time to clean up the mess the last crew left them. Atleast Madden 10 was alot better then 09 by far. Yes Presentation for madden 10 was not all that for it's first year. I was disappointed about the halftime show and the cut scenes was out of sorts. But hopefully has been improved in madden 11. It's hard to tell since we have yet to get video of it. But hopefully this week we will get it from E3. But overall I think to many people are just not want to give Ian and company a chance. Some people just want instant success for madden. Which ain't going to happen. But overall I'm saving my judgement until I see videos and play the game itself.

Last edited by PantherBeast_OS; 06-13-2010 at 07:04 PM.
Old 06-13-2010, 07:58 PM   #40
Banned

OVR: 21

I hear too much from this forum how most want to try and use David Ortiz as a scape goat...that was long ago...and imo, Madden 07 was headed in the right direction, from Gameplay to Graphics.

but yes I definitely agree, Madden 06 was a horrible horrible start....

again watch Madden 07 and Madden 09 or 10 or 11....side by side....even at 30fps Madden 07 seems to look better and animate better.....and more animations are triggered for some reason.

here is a link to my thread a month back about Madden 07 vs Madden 10...with video of both which shows 07 triggering different types of animations....and the better colors, lighting, and just overall look.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...t-you-see.html

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »