Home

Old 06-13-2010, 09:02 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 7
Ian & Co.

Now that I look back, I am thinking Ian and the Madden Team are trying to dig their way out of the mess the Ortiz era started in NextGen 06-09. Yes, Ian was on his team but did not have as much control as he does now being the Lead Designer. We have to be grateful Ian has come along- it only makes sense why would EA/Tiburon kick Ortiz out of the driver's seat and hand the keys off to Ian? I think Ian, because he is a younger guy knows what we want as a gamer. He's also a big football fan himself and don't you guys think he wants to play a pure simulation game just as bad as the next guy? I know I do, and EA apparently does to and thats why Ortiz isn't in control.

We need to give it a second thought before we go ahead and say the Ian Madden Team isn't going 100% on their games. Madden 09 to Madden 10 was a big leap.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2010, 09:14 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 2
Re: Ian & Co.

Have you ever heard of the Peter Principle?
The Peter Principle states that you "rise to your level of INcompetence". So basically a person does a good job and gets promoted. As he continues to do a good job he continues to get promoted. This process continues until he reachs a level that he fails at. Perhaps Ian has reached that level?
Old 06-13-2010, 09:23 AM   #3
Rookie

KensaiKatai's Arena

OVR: 8

i honestly think they were trying to milk every penny they could out of ultimate team and instead of having Looman work on franchise they had him working on that. That's my 'presumption.' my biggest problem with the madden team is the way they PRIORITIZE.

I also think that they will realize this was a huge mistake when sales are down this year to an unprecedented level (if they haven't felt the community backlash as of yet) and will put a lot of effort into franchise mode next year.

Bad news: No good franchise modes this year

Good news: we'll probably have the best franchise ever next year

It's very black and white as far as i'm concerned, not too much grey.
Old 06-13-2010, 09:34 AM   #4
All Star

OVR: 33

madden ultimate team sucks.

fifa ultimate team rules.

though.
Old 06-13-2010, 09:36 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whammer
Have you ever heard of the Peter Principle?
The Peter Principle states that you "rise to your level of INcompetence". So basically a person does a good job and gets promoted. As he continues to do a good job he continues to get promoted. This process continues until he reachs a level that he fails at. Perhaps Ian has reached that level?
Judging by last year, I'd say no. He says all the right things to impress me as a hardcore football gamer.

M - I - N - N - E - S - O - T - A
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2010, 09:57 AM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreatineKasey
Judging by last year, I'd say no. He says all the right things to impress me as a hardcore football gamer.
He might be a hardcore football gamer but I don't think he and his team have any sense of direction for Madden. They've got no idea what to do to make this game reach the level of EA's NHL and FIFA titles.
All early indications are that Madden 11 is going to be a huge disappointment.
Old 06-13-2010, 10:04 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whammer
He might be a hardcore football gamer but I don't think he and his team have any sense of direction for Madden. They've got no idea what to do to make this game reach the level of EA's NHL and FIFA titles.
All early indications are that Madden 11 is going to be a huge disappointment.
I guess I disagree with ya. I played APF the last 3 years before M10. They dramatically changed the feel of the game this past year. From accelerated clock, to pro-tak, to dramatically slowing the game speed. It was a clearly different game. Giving us online franchise along with that? Huge steps.

I guess I just don't see it like you do, but then again I haven't played NHL or FIFA to compare. I HAVE played many many football games extensively, especially non-EA brands in the past. This was the first year I played EA football for more than 2 weeks since Madden 05.

M - I - N - N - E - S - O - T - A
Old 06-13-2010, 10:29 AM   #8
Rookie

I'm willing to give the current devs the benefit of the doubt at least until Madden 12 comes out. I was happy enough with the Big Papi (Ortiz) designed Maddens but I think if I went back to them from Madden 10 now I would be disgusted. Maybe I just don't know any better but that's my take. From what they have said it sounds like the earlier editions had some pretty shoddy foundations that they are still trying to fix up.

The way I see it, M10 was setting up the foundations of CG systems that we should have had for 06 & 07, M11 will build on it (08 & 09) with 12 & 13 really perfecting the games. Sort of like what Madden 05 & on were for ps3.

I'm very disappointed that the Franchise in 11 is only receiving cosmetic upgrades here & there but I could play the Madden 10 Franchise+ for the next year until Madden 12 if the upgrades are what I expect them to be. But if these advancements are slow coming then I may change my viewpoint

What told me that the problems lingering in Madden from the first iterations was the tweet from Ian saying that something as simple as progressive lighting could not be put in because they have so many other issues to deal with.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »