Home

Old Madden Ratings Site Reborn Under New Management

This is a discussion on Old Madden Ratings Site Reborn Under New Management within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 07-30-2010, 01:28 AM   #153
MVP

DCEBB2001's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Old Madden Ratings Site Reborn Under New Management

Quote:
Originally Posted by wangtangkiki
Where are they getting the number 14,000? 80 players going into camp.. * 32 = 2,560.

You only go into the regular season with 53 man roster + practice team.. Are there really 11,440 free agents? I'm guessing they are talking about past players as well?
Every year there are about 3000 NFL draft eligible players that move on from college. There are also players that retire from the game. There are over 17000 currently in the database who are still active in some fashion. That means that they could be signed by a team at any time. So other than those 2560 on current NFL rosters, there are still 14500 FAs.
NFL Scout
www.nfldraftscout.com/members

Petition to EA for FBG Ratings:
https://www.change.org/p/ea-sports-t...bers-index-php
Old 07-30-2010, 01:29 AM   #154
Next Miami Great

iAM-IncReDiBLe-'s Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEBB2001
No the OVR ratings are up to date as well. The reason that Robinson is as high as he is comes down to his physical attributes. Because Madden has ratings for the physical attributes as well as the gameplay attributes, you have to consider both when rating a player. In Robinson's case, his physical attributes of SPD and ACC make him quite good in that regard...especially considering how fast he really is. Think of the OVR as not necessarily HOW a player will play, but rather the sum of all the parts that may or may not DETERMINE how he will play.

Second, how can you say his speed is too low? Have you seen the other positions and RBs for that matter? The guy only ran a 4.49...not a 4.30. He is not as fast as a lot of people think. Once again, all things being equal...that 85 SPD rating is right where he belongs. The AVG/CAR does NOT determine speed. Speed determines speed. You can take a slow back with a great OL and still have a great average per carry. So please disregard such a statistic as stats do NOT make up a players rating and potential.

Lofton is coming off of ankle and knee problems. Injuries play a part in a player's OVR rating.
When I mentioned yards per rush it wasn't in defense of his obviously low speed it was in defense of his low ovr. He is one of the best running backs in the league. Speed determines speed but when you watch the film he is fasttt and quick. Hes the perfect combination of speed an power besides for maybe Petterson. There is a thing called football speed an he has that so it should reflect in a football game. If this was a track an field game then sure give him 85 speed. You say injuries affect players, how about we wait and see how these injuries actually affect them before we lower them because we think their injury will affect them.

I don't mind Robinson being overrated on my team but he is. His play has been crappy due to injury so it should be reflected with him. According to http://www.profootballfocus.com/by_p...=25&numgames=1 Dunta was the 98th best CB last year. In 2008 he was the 66th best and in 2007 he was the 8th so at one point he was good. That was 3 years ago. He has been baddddd the last two years especially last year. So he is vastly overrated and some of it may be due to his injuries but the fact remains hes been trash.

Curtis Lofton was 17th last year and 15th in 2008. He is one of the best young MLB in the league and comparing him to Jared Mayo who you have at 90ovr its a crime since according to http://www.profootballfocus.com/by_p...=25&numgames=1 he clearly out played Mayo. In 2009 Mayo was 39th best ILB in the league and 39th in 2008. Curtis ain't that great against the pass but against the run their aren't that many that are better. You have Mike Petterson rated higher then Lofton which is really bad. Petterson started hot last year but his age really showed down the stretched while Lofton was consistently a stud.

Idk man Robinson is definitely overrated while others are underrated. Matt Ryan shouldn't be a 90 yet. He had a down season last year. He was also injured last year but I guess it didn't affect his overall. All last year he tried to force the ball to Tony causing him to throw more ints. He had a down year an if 90 is elite he doesn't deserve it yet.
Old 07-30-2010, 01:36 AM   #155
MVP

DCEBB2001's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by angels eclipse7
But overall rating should be how good a player is. If someone is better than him, it should mean they are better corners than him.

I don't care what his 40 yard was one time. Watch the game film and you will see the dude does have flat out speed. He was to fast on the last madden game but he should be somewhere around an 89 at the minimum IMO.

You are the only one that I have heard say that Lofton's injuries are going to effect him this year. He's never really had a big injury problem as far as I know.
Because Madden incorporates a players physical attributes into the OVR rating such as SPD, it will affect the OVR.

As I recall, Michael Turner is a guy who has been, and can be, caught from behind. His 4.49 40 time simply backs that up. I would give him an 89 SPD if he ran a 4.40, but since he is not capable of doing so, I cannot simply cheat him up. Now also add in how he played slow and fat last season...with another year of wear and tear (a HB loses about .03 to his 40 yard time every 500 carries of his career on the average). 85 is what he gets, which is still good for a RB in this system.

This system incorporates injuries into the OVR rating as well. Therefore, if a player is injured or is coming off of an injury it will affect his overall rating until he is proven to be over it.
NFL Scout

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2010, 01:42 AM   #156
MVP

DCEBB2001's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kng23rich
When I mentioned yards per rush it wasn't in defense of his obviously low speed it was in defense of his low ovr. He is one of the best running backs in the league. Speed determines speed but when you watch the film he is fasttt and quick. Hes the perfect combination of speed an power besides for maybe Petterson. There is a thing called football speed an he has that so it should reflect in a football game. If this was a track an field game then sure give him 85 speed. You say injuries affect players, how about we wait and see how these injuries actually affect them before we lower them because we think their injury will affect them.

I don't mind Robinson being overrated on my team but he is. His play has been crappy due to injury so it should be reflected with him. According to http://www.profootballfocus.com/by_p...=25&numgames=1 Dunta was the 98th best CB last year. In 2008 he was the 66th best and in 2007 he was the 8th so at one point he was good. That was 3 years ago. He has been baddddd the last two years especially last year. So he is vastly overrated and some of it may be due to his injuries but the fact remains hes been trash.

Curtis Lofton was 17th last year and 15th in 2008. He is one of the best young MLB in the league and comparing him to Jared Mayo who you have at 90ovr its a crime since according to http://www.profootballfocus.com/by_p...=25&numgames=1 he clearly out played Mayo. In 2009 Mayo was 39th best ILB in the league and 39th in 2008. Curtis ain't that great against the pass but against the run their aren't that many that are better. You have Mike Petterson rated higher then Lofton which is really bad. Petterson started hot last year but his age really showed down the stretched while Lofton was consistently a stud.

Idk man Robinson is definitely overrated while others are underrated. Matt Ryan shouldn't be a 90 yet. He had a down season last year. He was also injured last year but I guess it didn't affect his overall. All last year he tried to force the ball to Tony causing him to throw more ints. He had a down year an if 90 is elite he doesn't deserve it yet.
From a guy who played 2 years of college ball....game speed is what you are when other guys around you don't play up to YOUR potential. I also know that a player's lateral agility, burst, vision, etc...can make a player gain separation and thus, seem faster. See Emmett Smith and Jerry Rice if you would like two HOF examples.

The other thing is that the ratings take into account a player's whole career...to an extent. Lofton has been middle of the road. If he was not coming off of an injury to his calf and ankle from last year, he would be rated higher.

As for Robinson, he was 8th at one point and has been injured...all of which still account for the OVR rating. As for Ryan, his solid performance in 2008 has given him a leg up....along with another year of experience. Once again, its not just about what you have done lately, but what you have done in the past.
NFL Scout

Old 07-30-2010, 01:56 AM   #157
Next Miami Great

iAM-IncReDiBLe-'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEBB2001
Because Madden incorporates a players physical attributes into the OVR rating such as SPD, it will affect the OVR.

As I recall, Michael Turner is a guy who has been, and can be, caught from behind. His 4.49 40 time simply backs that up. I would give him an 89 SPD if he ran a 4.40, but since he is not capable of doing so, I cannot simply cheat him up. Now also add in how he played slow and fat last season...with another year of wear and tear (a HB loses about .03 to his 40 yard time every 500 carries of his career on the average). 85 is what he gets, which is still good for a RB in this system.

This system incorporates injuries into the OVR rating as well. Therefore, if a player is injured or is coming off of an injury it will affect his overall rating until he is proven to be over it.
Lmao at him playing slow an fat when he was clearly dominant until his injury stopped his season. While only playing 349 snaps last year he avoided 27 tackles compared to MJD who has the highest at 45 but with over twice as many snaps seen so hes clearly not fat an slow last year. He averaged 3.3 yards after contact who other then Jamaal Charles was tops in the league. Idk if you rated the Packers yet but if you did Aaron Kampman is rated a 90ovr. He's coming off a major injury but his ovr is still a 90. If he hasn't been re rated disregard what I just typed.
Old 07-30-2010, 01:58 AM   #158
Next Miami Great

iAM-IncReDiBLe-'s Arena

I hear what your saying. Just felt like arguing for my team. Good luck with what you do as I can just imagine how much work it takes to re rate everyone.
Old 07-30-2010, 02:21 AM   #159
MVP

DCEBB2001's Arena

Quote:
Lmao at him playing slow an fat when he was clearly dominant until his injury stopped his season. While only playing 349 snaps last year he avoided 27 tackles compared to MJD who has the highest at 45 but with over twice as many snaps seen so hes clearly not fat an slow last year. He averaged 3.3 yards after contact who other then Jamaal Charles was tops in the league. Idk if you rated the Packers yet but if you did Aaron Kampman is rated a 90ovr. He's coming off a major injury but his ovr is still a 90. If he hasn't been re rated disregard what I just typed.
So if he wasn't slow and fat last season then why did he have to lose weight this offseason? Wasn't he admittedly overweight last year? They guys at NFLN stated just that 2 weeks ago if you saw the Falcons report.

Now as for him breaking tackles, that is an STR, TRK rating issue, not speed. For his YAC, that is an STR, SFA, TRK, ACC rating issue. Not in ANY instance is that an issue of speed.

Speed = speed....not STR/SFA/TRK/ACC = Speed...

If it DID...then we wouldn't need an STR/SFA/TRK/ACC rating.
NFL Scout

Old 07-30-2010, 02:22 AM   #160
MVP

DCEBB2001's Arena

Quote:
Idk if you rated the Packers yet but if you did Aaron Kampman is rated a 90ovr. He's coming off a major injury but his ovr is still a 90. If he hasn't been re rated disregard what I just typed.
I did rate the Packers, but Kampman is now a Jaguar...his rating is current and he is a 90 primarily because of his progress and his history as being one of the NFL's leading sackers since 2005.
NFL Scout

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »