Home

Madden NFL 11 Video: Strategy Pad Criticisms, Letter to Ian Cummings (GoMadden)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 11 Video: Strategy Pad Criticisms, Letter to Ian Cummings (GoMadden) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-29-2010, 02:38 PM   #89
MVP

OVR: 4
Icon3 Re: Madden NFL 11 Video: Strategy Pad Criticisms, Letter to Ian Cummings (GoMadden)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
Do people really want Madden to change or is it just the cool thing to say these days?
They really want Madden to change. They want whats broken to change, such as the suction blocking, and the lack of multiple hit tackles.
Old 07-29-2010, 02:42 PM   #90
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Madden NFL 11 Video: Strategy Pad Criticisms, Letter to Ian Cummings (GoMadden)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jira2004
Why don't EA seriously run some ideas by the community in the very early stages of production to make sure we are all on the same page....

All this secretive talk and when they reveal what their plans are we hate the whole concept sometimes.....To me that would greatly improve the relationship between EA and hardcore gamers...

"Thats all I have to say about that"
That was ruined last year by some ungracious posters.
Old 07-29-2010, 02:56 PM   #91
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53
Re: Madden NFL 11 Video: Strategy Pad Criticisms, Letter to Ian Cummings (GoMadden)

I just want to say to gomadden good job on your video. I will be the first to say at first when I started playing with the pad it was annoying as heck. I also know alot of you the other day saw my quote used in Gomadden.com write aswell of the fans complaining. But after playing madden for a few days. I have to say I finally got use to the pad and I'm loving it. It did take time to get use to it and all. But at the end of the day I'm pretty much loving it. I know what I said first thing when it came out. But that was a few days ago. But now I've got use to it and I even got a few sacks on manning in my lastest game I just played not long ago that I won barely 7-3. But overall the pad doing fine for me. But again Gomadden good video that you are sending Ian and company. I hope things go well for the fans.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2010, 03:10 PM   #92
Pro

TalenT's Arena

OVR: 10
I'm sorry but, I don't really see what the fuss is about. It's not that bad. Isn't it just one extra step? I have no problem making adjustments while players are walking up to the line. Although, sometimes they snap the ball really fast but doesn't that happen IRL? Once you memorize the directions...It becomes second nature. I guess just give it a chance is what I'm trying to say.
Old 07-29-2010, 03:13 PM   #93
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

TalenT - did you watch the video? It's not about one extra step at all, this video doesn't even focus on that aspect.
Old 07-29-2010, 03:21 PM   #94
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
That was ruined last year by some ungracious posters.
They still have community day feedback and they could simply post polls and read results without havng to get down and dirty with hardcore haters.

I wonder what community day guys thought of this. I bet it wasn't recieved with any enthusiasm.
Old 07-29-2010, 03:25 PM   #95
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilgamesh348
They really want Madden to change. They want whats broken to change, such as the suction blocking, and the lack of multiple hit tackles.
Yet we're screaming about a working S-Pad and not those things....
Seems we keep going around in this circle..lol

I'll let this die and just go forward and see what the future holds...

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS

Last edited by Skyboxer; 07-29-2010 at 03:44 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2010, 03:28 PM   #96
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17

my issue with this is that it's making me take my hand off the L-stick. I need to be on the L-stick so that when the CPU snaps the ball, I am already ready to engage or move around with my defender. I dont need to be fumbling around on the d-pad when the CPU has just snapped the ball.

Furthermore, this is only driving the gap between players of NCAA and Madden. I thought the goal was to SELL BOTH games? You know, draft your NCAA players and then use them on Madden.

There's no way in the world I would EVER get used to using the strategy pad on Madden and then going over to NCAA with the regular(better) way. Heck, I had a hard enough time last year remembering how to pump fake on both games because it's different for each.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »