Home

What area do you hope to see the MOST improvement in Madden 12?

This is a discussion on What area do you hope to see the MOST improvement in Madden 12? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience
View Poll Results: What's the area you hope for the biggest upgrade in Madden 12?
Presentation (including commentary) 18 9.28%
Gameplay 65 33.51%
Modes (Franchise, etc.) 104 53.61%
Graphics 3 1.55%
Online (features, stability, whatever) 4 2.06%
Voters: 194. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-22-2010, 10:16 AM   #33
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: What area do you hope to see the MOST improvement in Madden 12?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunyerbiz
I've never understood the mad NBA2K love. I thought gameplay has always been lacking in that series, although I have not yet played NBA2K11, but the series actually seems to get a free pass for reasons that puzzle me... Out of the two major basketball franchises over the last 3-4 years, it's the one that sucks less from a gameplay perspective... and that really ain't saying much. But it's always held up as some gold standard. Yea, the menus look great and you really do feel like your are watching a TV broadcast... and then you score 180 points in 8 minute quarters shooting 65% on the highest difficulty with the worst team in the league... and at that point, all those presentation points mean ziltch to me... because the gameplay is a pig in lipstick.

On the flip side, how could you ever fall asleep while playing the "greatest gameplay to date" ? Because the commentary is stilted? They don't have enough motion captured cutscenes before the game? The menus aren't polished enough? If the "greatest gameplay to date" isn't enough to keep you interested, then why would you play games to begin with?

I had been an NBA Live guy through 2006. I stopped right there as I felt Live 2006 was such a great game (and really no more could be done on PS2). When I went New Gen in late 2009 all I heard was 2K is the basketball game to own. So I picked up 2K9 for 20 bucks almost 2 years ago. While the game looked amazing, had deep features and the best B-Ball polish and presentation I had ever seen, the gameplay was sub par. It was a dunk fest with shoddy AI and very clumsy controls.

Fast Forward to Oct 5th. I took a leap of faith and bought NBA2K11.

Best sports game ever. If your a basketball fan this is a dream come true. Never before have I played a basketball title with such smooth animation, tight controls (and there is a steep learning curve), deep playbooks, and every player plays like there real life counterpart. The details are painstankenly recreated and the Jordan mode is a joy. The dev team put so much soul and love into this game it bleeds from the screen. Superb realisim, stats, controls, modes...the works.

Just a true 200% effort and one that will set the standard along with the Show and NHL.

Great year for sports games. The best ever in fact.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23

Last edited by Armor and Sword; 10-22-2010 at 10:22 AM.
Old 10-22-2010, 10:28 AM   #34
MVP

Nunyerbiz's Arena

OVR: 4

Yea, with my last post I wanted to specifically state that I had not yet played 2K11, as I have heard that it comes pretty close to living up to the mad hype. I'm sure I'll pick it up sometime next year, haven't bought a b-ball game since 2k9. But I still have probably another month with Madden and then 2-3 months with NHL11 before I'm ready for another one.
Old 10-22-2010, 10:29 AM   #35
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunyerbiz
Yea, with my last post I wanted to specifically state that I had not yet played 2K11, as I have heard that it comes pretty close to living up to the mad hype. I'm sure I'll pick it up sometime next year, haven't bought a b-ball game since 2k9. But I still have probably another month with Madden and then 2-3 months with NHL11 before I'm ready for another one.

You will be very happy! Plus get it cheaper than me.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2010, 10:30 AM   #36
Rookie

falconfansince81's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpkpkp
I just want to point out... Not a SINGLE vote for "on-line." (As of 10/22/10 @ 9:11AM.)

I hope the consensus of "modes (franchise etc)" and "Gameplay" would see more attention in patches as well as future releases.
whats funny is this is all i play (online franchises), but i would much rather see gameplay such as actual trench battles based on ratings that matter rather than animations that govern a false sense of pocket protection. position battles and actual momentum to compliment locomotion.

i would also love to see great presentation (2kish) to set the atmosphere for offline play and make it playable once again without losing interest before kickoff, but rather see the core of the game improve first.

i still a kick out of seeing the one feature nobody voted for as being the sole feature madden's team is focued on...smh.
Old 10-22-2010, 10:53 AM   #37
Banned

OVR: 5

I voted Gameplay, for the AI.

I don't care if Franchise mode comes back and is the cat's arse. If the CPU still shanks punts 20 yards out of bounds and makes Andy Reid look stellar with clock management, it's all for naught.

A great franchise mode is useless with inept AI.
Old 10-22-2010, 10:55 AM   #38
Banned

Old School SD Fan's Arena

OVR: 3

Wow, I though EVERYONE was an online player????

Apparently not.
Old 10-22-2010, 11:04 AM   #39
Banned

kpkpkp's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by falconfansince81
whats funny is this is all i play (online franchises), but i would much rather see gameplay such as actual trench battles based on ratings that matter rather than animations that govern a false sense of pocket protection. position battles and actual momentum to compliment locomotion.

i would also love to see great presentation (2kish) to set the atmosphere for offline play and make it playable once again without losing interest before kickoff, but rather see the core of the game improve first.

i still a kick out of seeing the one feature nobody voted for as being the sole feature madden's team is focued on...smh.
Good point.

I too play on-line. (Even though I'm primarily an off-line franchise lover.)

But regardless, 80% of those polled here want improvements to play modes and gameplay itself.

In-fact 100% of those polled could give a hoot about improvements to on-line related stuff.

Remember the poll asked what improvements you would like to see, not what you play most which is why you make a good point falconfansince81.

Maybe Ian will see this poll, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old School SD Fan

Apparently not.
Like I said above the poll asked what you thought needed improvement most, not what people played most.

But still, this poll says something. As far as what people want to see fixed/next year.
Old 10-22-2010, 11:14 AM   #40
Observer

guaps's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor & Sword
I too do not want to get off topic, but WTF your kidding right?

That game feels amazing.
Well, the great One on One game from 1983 had a shooting mechanism that worked in the following fashion:

1) pushing the button starts a jumpshot
2) releasing it releases the ball toward the basket

The NBA Elite 11 demo attempted a new approach to the shooting mechanism in basketball games, which I can only applaud. Elite's shooting mechanism feels like a current-gen game should, while NBA 2k11's approach feels last-gen. Overall, however, NBA 2k11 is a much better game, but I personally have a problem with the shooting mechanism.

In a similar fashion EA introduced the skill stick in NHL 07, and now I can't imagine playing a hockey game without it. This is also why people, who have tried route-based passing in a football game, keeps raving on about it like mad men.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old School SD Fan

Apparently not.
I don't play online. Since my first few attempts at playing online years ago against people, who threw the deep pass all game long and never punted, I've stuck to playing my friends offline and the CPU. Also I prefer playing sports games against people I know - for other genres of video games I don't care, but for sports games it's somehow different.

Last edited by guaps; 10-22-2010 at 11:19 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »