Home

Madden Sales Down 18% Y-o-Y in October

This is a discussion on Madden Sales Down 18% Y-o-Y in October within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 11-20-2010, 11:17 AM   #209
Banned

OVR: 32
Re: Madden Sales Down 18% Y-o-Y in October

should we be surprised with these statistics? Madden gets more boring every year. I wish they would change it. The NFL is going to have to step in and spread the license to anyone that is capable of making a decent-playing football game. Plus, an impending strike in the NFL next year definitely can't help sales.
Old 11-20-2010, 12:14 PM   #210
Banned

OVR: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by tril
sales are down simply because of a number of other high profile releases, and a struggling economy.
IMO year over year stats are misleading, because the marketplace was different a year ago.
People are buying less. and most peopel will buy the newer releases first.
A dip like this happens across the board. very few games hold steady.
"sales are down simply because of a number of other high profile releases, and a struggling economy.
IMO year over year stats are misleading, because the marketplace was different a year ago.
People are buying less. and most peopel will buy the newer releases first.
A dip like this happens across the board. very few games hold steady."

Then how do you explain COD:Black Ops? 5.6 million copies sold on the first day. The truth of the matter is if you make a good game, it will sale. You can argue that COD is the same old first person shooter much like Madden is the same old football every year...but COd is fun, innovative and that franchise is not mired down in trying to fix the same old problems every year (or in EA's case, not fixing the same old problems).
Old 11-20-2010, 03:14 PM   #211
Banned

OVR: 28
We all saw this coming. EA got the NFL exclusive and sat on their behinds because they figured, "it's Madden, it sells itself". I know this is a fact because I spoke to a few former EA employees, and they actually confirmed this to be true. Madden has not evolved, especially compared to the sports games that are out there like NBA 2k, MLB the Show, and others. It's still missing features from last gen, and it has done nothing to innovate football gaming at all. It's 2010 and they still are struggling with commentary and online leagues. Features are incomplete (i.e. online franchise), gameplay has major issues, (collision detection, AI, etc.). EA is getting everything they deserve here. Look at the games that sell, they are incredibly realistic and they are incredibly polished. EA is taking a huge hit from the cost of the exclusive, and it has done nothing to boost their sales. Take 2/2K should be licking their chops right now, because the gamers are clamoring for something better and more realistic, just like what happened when NFL 2k5 came out. That game revolutionized football gaming. Unfortunately, Madden has not advanced any aspect of football since 2004. Nothing. They've been struggling to get things back to where they were, and they haven't even been able to do that. People are not willing to set their 65+ dollars on fire now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-20-2010, 03:45 PM   #212
Rookie

OVR: 4
i wish they would let 2k make football again.
Old 11-20-2010, 06:31 PM   #213
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweed420
i wish they would let 2k make football again.
I know this is how many feel. But there is no reason to keep bringing it up. Its not gonna happen until at least 2012. Right now we need to make our voice heard. In the most respectful way of course. If we keep pushing for them to listen to us, make them have no other choice but to listen to us, we can change this thing.
Old 11-20-2010, 07:20 PM   #214

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by michigan21
That is verbatim what happen to me when I went to the mall in 99. Babbage's had a display on with Carolina playing Tampa Bay and it was in the rain. Every step the players took made puddles. I stood there forever and was in awe of that game. Needless to say I bought a Dreamcast and the game. Still waiting for that feeling from Madden.
What's so disheartening is football gaming (NFL in particular) is so big for sports gaming. It just shouldn't be like this, where we are in such a stale state right now. We are going to go a full generation of consoles with a blah taste for NFL football and that's really a shame.
Old 11-20-2010, 08:03 PM   #215
Rookie

OVR: 5

They havent got a dime out of me for a few years now.
Same stale product for too long, its about time sales dropped.

Franchise failure + sim engine bugs year in year out = no $$ from me...also stopping production on the PC? ha
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-20-2010, 08:15 PM   #216
Rookie

reddogmaddogbul's Arena

OVR: 7
Madden is a complete failure.Ea I hope you guys are listening.I didnt buy the game this year and I tell everyone I game with about yall shady business practices,The things you guys are doing will start to spread like wild fire,and by that time it will be too late to win back broken trust.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »