Home

EA Talks 'Fewer, Better, Bigger' Titles, NFL Strike Ramifications, 3D Not Important

This is a discussion on EA Talks 'Fewer, Better, Bigger' Titles, NFL Strike Ramifications, 3D Not Important within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-02-2011, 06:24 PM   #25
Banned

OVR: 9
Re: EA Talks 'Fewer, Better, Bigger' Titles, NFL Strike Ramifications, 3D Not Importa

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
The latest I read, (today) said both parties are having meetings on Saturday and throughout the month. The players lock-out is March 3rd, so, they would like to have something in place by then.

I don't know if that will be accomplished.
Just because there's a lock out, doesn't mean that it will last until September, or force the NFL to cancel the season, so EA will probably still go ahead as if there will be NFL football next season.

Honestly, I think the players will cave before that happens.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-03-2011, 02:41 AM   #26
Rookie

Legionnaire's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: EA Talks 'Fewer, Better, Bigger' Titles, NFL Strike Ramifications, 3D Not Importa

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
I thought that myself, but it doesn't tend to be the case with strikes. Maybe the NFL is different, but MLB and NHL games took big hits during their strikes. Apples and oranges, maybe, but I think it's a fairly strong indicator considering that, while smaller, their fan bases are just as fanatic.
No way Madden posts good numbers if the NFL isn't active.

I understand the idea that people might dive into Madden because they need their fix. And that's true of a decent-sized chunk. But there's a way bigger majority of the gaming population that only really buys Madden (or a given sports title) because that time of the year rolls around and the sport starting a new season basically gives them a new itch for the video game to scratch. Take away the real-life sport, and plenty of people would feel no "itch" for the new game.

And there's plenty of people who only go buy the new year's sports title because the new season ramps up and makes it impossible for them to live with last year's rosters anymore. But that won't be the case anymore if the league is shut down and they don't yet know how the rosters will change.
Old 02-03-2011, 09:01 AM   #27
MVP

blklightning's Arena

OVR: 9

season or no season, madden 12 will only be a sale for me if the game turns out to be any good. third time's the charm, hopefully.

3 points for graphics, 1 point for the passable commentary, and a half point for the boxart. I can give no further points since the all over the place gameplay would ruin it anyway.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »