Home

Madden NFL 12 Super Bowl Halftime Blog: Tuner Sets and Surprise Onside Kicks

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 12 Super Bowl Halftime Blog: Tuner Sets and Surprise Onside Kicks within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 02-07-2011, 12:52 AM   #105
Pro

ThaShark28_316's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Madden NFL 12 Super Bowl Halftime Blog: Tuner Sets and Surprise Onside Kicks

Now batting, Ian Cummings...

1 for 1 with a double.

Good job.
Horns FBall
Horns BBall
Stars
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-07-2011, 01:02 AM   #106
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Madden NFL 12 Super Bowl Halftime Blog: Tuner Sets and Surprise Onside Kicks

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan36
Ian took a poll here on OS awhile back... a month or so ? (I don't quite remember)

I don't know that Ian put up a biased poll... I think he was just asking- either way if I had to guess I'd say PA is fixed.
Just my opinion, but if you asked me, the poll is slanted one way.

Are you really going to answer on-side kicks with that question?

Just saying.
Old 02-07-2011, 01:12 AM   #107
Banned

FootballDetails's Arena

OVR: 30

I'm in favor of the surprise onside kick. It exists in reality. If you're going to argue against reality, there's not much to say.

I'm happy with today's info. It's the best Madden Super Bowl Halftime Blog so far. (Well yeah, out of three. Still.)
Old 02-07-2011, 01:44 AM   #108
Hall Of Fame

BlueNGold's Arena

OVR: 41

Wow. Nevermind the surprise onsides and tuners (both good additions), the most notable thing to me is how good the game looks at this early stage.

Can't wait for more info. Will this be the only news for the month or will we be getting anything else before March?

Old 02-07-2011, 01:55 AM   #109
MVP

BlastX21's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Details
I'm in favor of the surprise onside kick. It exists in reality. If you're going to argue against reality, there's not much to say.

I'm happy with today's info. It's the best Madden Super Bowl Halftime Blog so far. (Well yeah, out of three. Still.)
Understandable, but the play is only a real as the user calling it. Irl you may see three or four surprise onside kicks in a season. But I guarantee you, there will be guys online using it every single kickoff. Then there will be another group who use it at least once a game. Thats contradictory to this "reality" that we both want.

The only way they should implement it, at least in my opinion, is if they give the receiving team an additional option to do a normal return while still looking for the onside kick. It would lessen the return game slighty but protect against the onside.
Old 02-07-2011, 01:58 AM   #110
Hall Of Fame

BlueNGold's Arena

OVR: 41

About surprise onsides, I think it might be best if they only allow them to be done in certain situations.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think I've seen a team with the lead do a surprise onside kick in real life.

Old 02-07-2011, 02:05 AM   #111
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

49ers called this a number of times under Mike Nolan. This is not called often, but 32 teams and 16 weeks, it's not as rare as people may think either. What was rare was the Super Bowl. In fact, the Monday after, at our local indy book store, the owner said to me "what a call! That was like a video game!" I laughed and said "yeah, funny thing is.. you can't actually do that in the video game." Well, now you can.

I am glad it is in the game, like the wildcat, and I wish you could really use the Wildcat like it was intended instead of how it works now, but thanks to online jerks this will be another eye roller.

I like NCAA, and I like NCAA after using PlayMakers custom sliders, so I would guess that the tuner feature is a good thing. Also, as Ian wrote, it means we could/should get more "patches" without them really being called patches, and they can spend more time patching other areas of the game for title updates. i don't see how this isn't a good thing all around.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-07-2011, 02:15 AM   #112
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueNGold
About surprise onsides, I think it might be best if they only allow them to be done in certain situations.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think I've seen a team with the lead do a surprise onside kick in real life.
Unless my memory is fading, in 2008 after taking the lead in a tight 10-10 game on the first drive of the 2ed half, Arizona tried a surprise onside kick and turned it into a two score lead and obliterated any momentum the 49ers may have had at half time.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »