Home

Madden NFL 12 to Kick Off Another 3-Year Plan

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 12 to Kick Off Another 3-Year Plan within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 04-18-2011, 09:34 AM   #113
Pro

carnalnirvana's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Madden NFL 12 to Kick Off Another 3-Year Plan

three year plans dont scare me, i just feel they dont know where the work has to be focused on.

i am starting to feel even 10 years wont be enough

IMO in madden's glory days it was focused on one goal offline gameplay and yearly that was the only focus so it got much attention.

gaming evolved and brought more areas of focus to devs, online, dlc,patches, so now fine tuning is harder. Never again will 12 months be dedicatd to gameplay tuning there's alot of work in other areas....

until ea says "this year there will be no new features just tuning gameplay smoothing out bugs and improving interactions" its unfair to expect great gameplay. other companies get bata's and time after to deliver, madden needs more time.....

#18 greatest EVA....
Old 04-18-2011, 09:43 AM   #114
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

You bring up a great point carnal. And this is the fundamental flaw of most yearly releases. There's so many more areas of work compared to a few years ago. And it seems more companies are also downsizing for various reasons. Although there are other sports titles furthur along in many aspects than Madden I always feel like Football in General is harder to emulate in video games compared to basketball and baseball. So much more is happening on field. Also it didn't help that next gen Madden were built on weak legs initially.
Old 04-18-2011, 11:20 AM   #115
Banned

OVR: 4
this is off subject, but if the plan is in place why are we still waiting on details for madden 12 and its almost may?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-18-2011, 11:53 AM   #116
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-SKI
this is off subject, but if the plan is in place why are we still waiting on details for madden 12 and its almost may?
Well, because we were told about a month ago the plan for releasing information with dates included. The first one is less than 2 weeks away.

http://www.ea.com/madden-nfl/blog/playbook-blog

Last edited by roadman; 04-18-2011 at 12:42 PM.
Old 04-18-2011, 12:06 PM   #117
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Cool, they have a plan. That's great. I'm pretty sure every sports game has some sort of plan for the future in place. If not, I'd be worried.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 04-19-2011, 12:59 PM   #118
Banned

OVR: 11

I think the best message to send to EA in response is not one of frustration or outrage, but of indifference.
Old 04-20-2011, 02:42 PM   #119
MVP

OVR: 15

That comes off to me as they are going to add stuff here and there for the next 3 years, hold back on stuff each year, and then finally with Madden 15 we may possibly be blown away. I don't like this strategy. I want to be blown away by Madden 12. I was blown away when I played MLB the Show 10 moving from 09, I was blown away by NBA2K11, moving from NBA2K10. Heck not rehash old stuff but I was blown away by Madden 05 moving from Madden 04. I was also blown away by NFL 2K5 ofcourse. I guess all we can speculate what this means, but this is how this comes off to me. The 3 year plan just scares me.
Old 04-22-2011, 01:46 PM   #120
Rookie

KuruptOwnz's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
That's the spirit. Show them you mean business with your business. Not posts on a message board.
After reading the rants of everyone; this by far is the best post of this ENTIRE thread!

Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »