Home

Madden NFL 12 Cover Athlete is Peyton Hillis

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 12 Cover Athlete is Peyton Hillis within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-27-2011, 05:20 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Madden NFL 12 Cover Athlete is Peyton Hillis

I don't get how this could matter to anyone. People will look at it, people will see a football player, in a fraction of a second will see "Madden 12", and buy it regardless. To think that people buy based on the cover is absolutely ridiculous. The marketing won't change one bit, there will still be commercials, banners, and regardless of who it is, there is still an NFL player on the cover.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2011, 05:20 PM   #42
MVP

OVR: 16
Why do so many people feel this is a bad outcome for EA as far as marketing goes?

Let's say they have no vote, they just pick who is on the cover like usual. They pick Aaron Rodgers for example, there's no hoopla about a vote for the last few weeks and now the ensuing conversations about "who???" and so on.

The vote not only had Madden discussed the last few weeks leading up to this, on both sports/gaming sites and completely unrelated ones alike, but now there's the fallout of those people who will be upset as well as those excited about it.

America loves the Cinderella stories, remember how many people were excited about the Giants beating the Patriots a few years back? EA is going to be just fine.
Old 04-27-2011, 05:21 PM   #43
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEHNY
I didn't care about the curse at all. I'm a huge Chiefs fan and I wanted Jamaal on the cover. I wasn't worried about a curse, but there is no way that Hillis could beat Rodgers straight up based on popularity or skill. Same with Vick and Ryan. Packers fans, and other fans obviously voted for Hillis so Rodgers/Vick/Ryan wouldn't get hurt by the "curse". But I myself do not believe in the curse. People think too much
Not really. Even Rodgers mentioned on Twitter that Packer fans are afraid of the curse.
Old 04-27-2011, 05:21 PM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
In college hoops, any given night, a Cinderella team can beat the #1 seed. Was Connecticut the best team in the country or just the hottest team in the country over the last month or so?
Actually, the Uconn-Butler matchup sums this one up really well. Traditional power back on the big stage vs superstar unknown.
Old 04-27-2011, 05:22 PM   #45
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Who is that?

Oh yeah, the QB taken before Rodgers.

Anyway, you get a NCAA type bracket for picking a cover, this is the way it ends up, folks.

It's just a cover.
, ill be watching you closely you closely, I hope you still have your copy of madden and can be found on PS3. I'll remind you of who he is with no problem!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2011, 05:22 PM   #46
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcmrulz
Actually, the Uconn-Butler matchup sums this one up really well. Traditional power back on the big stage vs superstar unknown.
Except Butler wasn't superstar unknown. Butler has been to the final 4 quite frequently lately.

Isn't there higher priorities in life than discussing or dissing the results of a cover athlete on a video game?
Old 04-27-2011, 05:24 PM   #47
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bichettehappens
Why do so many people feel this is a bad outcome for EA as far as marketing goes?

Let's say they have no vote, they just pick who is on the cover like usual. They pick Aaron Rodgers for example, there's no hoopla about a vote for the last few weeks and now the ensuing conversations about "who???" and so on.

The vote not only had Madden discussed the last few weeks leading up to this, on both sports/gaming sites and completely unrelated ones alike, but now there's the fallout of those people who will be upset as well as those excited about it.

America loves the Cinderella stories, remember how many people were excited about the Giants beating the Patriots a few years back? EA is going to be just fine.
America does indeed like Cinderella stories, but that's when they know who Cinderella actually is. This is like one of the seven drawfs won it. You know about him, that he is one in 7, but you'd have a hard time recognizing the drawf if it didnt have a name...sleepy, grumpy...etc....

I am happy for Hillis, he seems like a nice guy, but the jokes on EA
Old 04-27-2011, 05:25 PM   #48
Outback Jesus

OSUFan_88's Arena

OVR: 37

People really think that marketing will matter?

lol

It's Madden football. They could put literally nothing on the cover other than the name Madden and people will buy it.

Urban Meyer is lol.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »