Home

Madden NFL 12 Blog - First Look at Presentation

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 12 Blog - First Look at Presentation within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-28-2011, 12:22 PM   #33
MVP

PacMan3000's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Madden NFL 12 Blog - First Look at Presentation

One thing that puzzles me is that it says that all 32 teams will have cameras unique to their individual stadiums. Anyone know what that means? Do teams set up cameras differently for in their venues?

I'm confused by this.
Old 04-28-2011, 12:32 PM   #34
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacMan3000
One thing that puzzles me is that it says that all 32 teams will have cameras unique to their individual stadiums. Anyone know what that means? Do teams set up cameras differently for in their venues?

I'm confused by this.
Every single stadium is built differently obviously. A camera may be placed in the Suotheast corner of the stadium in two different stadiums, but it will produce a different view at each stadium since the architecture in both stadiums is so different. So, in Madden, when you play the Redskins, you will see one camera view of your team from the 50 yard line. Then when your back home in Denver you'll see a camera view of your team at the 50 and it will be slightly different and unique to that stadium.

― Plato
Old 04-28-2011, 12:39 PM   #35
Banned

Dirty uniforms are IN...realtime grass stains, etc.

Half-time, post game and any kind of weekly wrap-up shows OUT....they removed what was in last year as they felt it wasn't good enough, and they didn't have time to retool them this year.

Also, it SOUNDS like progressive lighting is in, as they spoke about the shadows changing over the course of the game.

Last edited by MJenness; 04-28-2011 at 12:40 PM. Reason: added content.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2011, 12:43 PM   #36
MVP

PacMan3000's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Every single stadium is built differently obviously. A camera may be placed in the Suotheast corner of the stadium in two different stadiums, but it will produce a different view at each stadium since the architecture in both stadiums is so different. So, in Madden, when you play the Redskins, you will see one camera view of your team from the 50 yard line. Then when your back home in Denver you'll see a camera view of your team at the 50 and it will be slightly different and unique to that stadium.
Thanks Canes.
Old 04-28-2011, 12:43 PM   #37
One Last Job

TracerBullet's Arena

OVR: 37

Maybe it's just me and I'm not looking as deep into it as you guys, but I really don't think they mean they are straying from a broadcast style. I think they are just saying they made it look different from any one particular station seeing as they don't have one they represent. So they made their own overlays and banners and what not. Maybe added a few of their own sound/visual effects to accompany those graphics similar to how CBS, ESPN, NFL Network, NBC, and Fox have different sounds and visuals when they present stats or whatever.
Old 04-28-2011, 12:46 PM   #38
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracerBullet
Maybe it's just me and I'm not looking as deep into it as you guys, but I really don't think they mean they are straying from a broadcast style. I think they are just saying they made it look different from any one particular station seeing as they don't have one they represent. So they made their own overlays and banners and what not. Maybe added a few of their own sound/visual effects to accompany those graphics similar to how CBS, ESPN, NFL Network, NBC, and Fox have different sounds and visuals when they present stats or whatever.
I am REALLY hoping you are right, Tracer! I pray they didn't "put their own twist on it" and totally blow it.
Old 04-28-2011, 12:47 PM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Madden NFL 12 Blog - Presentation

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
EA we've already had stat overlays and blimp views of the stadium as well as the "TV broadcast style".

Where are the pre-game/halftime/post-game shows that we've been asking for years now?

EA has scrapped those from Madden NFL 12, you can read that on operation sports "First look" madden nfl 12
Old 04-28-2011, 12:50 PM   #40
All Star

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJenness
Dirty uniforms are IN...realtime grass stains, etc.

Half-time, post game and any kind of weekly wrap-up shows OUT....they removed what was in last year as they felt it wasn't good enough, and they didn't have time to retool them this year.

Also, it SOUNDS like progressive lighting is in, as they spoke about the shadows changing over the course of the game.
Progressive lighting is in, progressive lighting is stadium specific (orientation of stadium, architecture), progressive lighting is seasonally specific (shorter winter days).

Dirty uniforms are in.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »