Home

Madden NFL 12 First-Look Preview

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 12 First-Look Preview within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-28-2011, 04:22 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 14
Nice writeup. Impressed by the sound of the in-game televisual presentation and the pre-game intros. Disappointing to hear that there is no new half-time show and probably no post-game show.
Old 04-28-2011, 04:29 PM   #34
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Madden NFL 12 First-Look Preview

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDKing
So EA thinks different camera angles for cut scenes (that most people skip) is going to keep the game fresh ? 700 camera's ? Alot of resources and time huh ? I won't knock it but if other more important areas of the game are still lacking... watch out !! LOL !!!
I think you're focusing far too hard on the presentation aspect. This write up was purely for presentation. This wasn't a complete list of Madden's changes. But for guys who really dig the presentation side of things, this is a big change.

I personally have hated the camera angles on cut scenes. They've always felt foreign, and they're a constant reminder that it's a video game. I'd love a more realistic angle during cut scenes and replays.
Old 04-28-2011, 04:38 PM   #35
Banned

OVR: 10

This is unacceptable
2010-extra point
2011-extra point (nothing done)
2012-extra point (taking out)

So what is madden12 giving us this year, the same lame after the second quarter ends 3 or 4 plays out of sequence with no commentary or real bearing? What about franchise since there is no extra point this year, the same lame 2006-2009 madden franchise again?? Its more than intros and 6 year old late cheerleaders. What about the integration of stats and banners like the standard of NFL2k5 and NBA2k11??? Man this stuff is getting old and there is a standard, and its not MADDEN on current-gen. When will there guys wake up and stop selling us lame EA ideas and give us broadcast "what we see on sundays" presentation.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2011, 04:48 PM   #36
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
I think you're focusing far too hard on the presentation aspect. This write up was purely for presentation. This wasn't a complete list of Madden's changes. But for guys who really dig the presentation side of things, this is a big change.

I personally have hated the camera angles on cut scenes. They've always felt foreign, and they're a constant reminder that it's a video game. I'd love a more realistic angle during cut scenes and replays.
I understand and I'm all for improved presentation, I'm just saying it will take more than new camera angles for cut scenes to keep the game fresh. I'm also wondering if all this new presentation stuff will be available in online games ?
Old 04-28-2011, 04:59 PM   #37
MVP

OVR: 18
"Whether it’s the lighting or the fact that the shadows are changing throughout the game"

Confirmed dynamic/progressive lighting?
Old 04-28-2011, 05:01 PM   #38
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by adfletch71
This is unacceptable
2010-extra point
2011-extra point (nothing done)
2012-extra point (taking out)

So what is madden12 giving us this year, the same lame after the second quarter ends 3 or 4 plays out of sequence with no commentary or real bearing? What about franchise since there is no extra point this year, the same lame 2006-2009 madden franchise again?? Its more than intros and 6 year old late cheerleaders. What about the integration of stats and banners like the standard of NFL2k5 and NBA2k11??? Man this stuff is getting old and there is a standard, and its not MADDEN on current-gen. When will there guys wake up and stop selling us lame EA ideas and give us broadcast "what we see on sundays" presentation.
IMO, the Extra Point was horrible. I couldn't skip through it fast enough.

And YES, confirmed progressive lighting. It's been said multiple times.
Old 04-28-2011, 05:02 PM   #39
MVP

statum71's Arena

OVR: 61
Sounding awesome.

I'm looking really forward to what EA's version of a broadcast will look like. Especially with all the extra help they got from CBS and NFL Films.

Still disappointed about Halftime but I'm still impressed.
Old 04-28-2011, 05:15 PM   #40
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
And YES, confirmed progressive lighting. It's been said multiple times.
Sorry, I've been following along but must have missed this. GREAT news...

Now about those horrific looking sidelines..

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »