Home

Madden NFL 12 Franchise Mode Details, More Coming Monday (IGN)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 12 Franchise Mode Details, More Coming Monday (IGN) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-19-2011, 03:16 PM   #361
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Madden NFL 12 Franchise Mode Details, More Coming Monday (IGN)

Franchise mode looks fantastic this year. Couple of things:

1. Adrian Peterson fumbled one time last year, but he is still fumble prone. He has had horrible fumbles since his rookie season. Also during the playoffs 2 years ago between the Vikes and Saints, he cost his team a trip to the Super Bowl BECAUSE of his fumble. I'm happy with his fumble prone player role. He's a great RB but he has fumble problems.

2. This is to the Online Franchise gamers. Are you serious guys? You have had your glory for the past 3 years while the offline franchise gamers have gotten the shaft. This is OUR year. I still think you guys will get some love, but I mean seriously fellas.

3. Dynamic Progression sounds great, but I hope it's not overdone. Is it up to 20 points of ratings that could change depending on player performance? Having a player go from 90 to 70 or 90 to 100 each game could get strange.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2011, 03:26 PM   #362
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04

2. This is to the Online Franchise gamers. Are you serious guys? You have had your glory for the past 3 years while the offline franchise gamers have gotten the shaft. This is OUR year. I still think you guys will get some love, but I mean seriously fellas.
Really guy? First off, online franchise didn't even exist until Madden 10, so how is it possible we have gotten 3 years worth of effort. Not to mention, the mode was completely untouched for Madden 11. Second off, it's not even online "franchise". It is just online multiplayer with a schedule and progression. It has nothing else that you get with the "offline" version. People who enjoy playing in leagues (and contrary to what you might think, there are a lot of us), have gotten the shaft for years and years. Online leagues were far more polished in 2004 than they are now. So if anything, we've gotten the shaft far worse than you guys who enjoy pounding the computer into submission.
Old 05-19-2011, 03:37 PM   #363
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
3. Dynamic Progression sounds great, but I hope it's not overdone. Is it up to 20 points of ratings that could change depending on player performance? Having a player go from 90 to 70 or 90 to 100 each game could get strange.
That's where consistency comes in -- I imagine that consistency won't be a dynamic rating, unless it changes from year to year via progression. But this rating should keep the ratings in check for players we have reasonably high expectations for.

I don't mind the 20 point swing, as long as that's the max and only falls on players with the lowest consistency + confidence rating.

I don't know that we'd ever be privy to exactly how DPR will work, but I'd like to know how it impacts each position. Which ratings take a hit for QBs, DBs, WRs? How much do the ratings fluctuate from game to game if the player plays to expectations. Hopefully alot of this is answered as the feature is fleshed out at E3. I'm excited for it...
Old 05-19-2011, 04:22 PM   #364
S**c*d* P**l C*-Ch*mp**n

OVR: 40

[quote=extremeskins04;2042413021]Franchise mode looks fantastic this year. Couple of things:

1. Adrian Peterson fumbled one time last year, but he is still fumble prone. He has had horrible fumbles since his rookie season. Also during the playoffs 2 years ago between the Vikes and Saints, he cost his team a trip to the Super Bowl BECAUSE of his fumble. I'm happy with his fumble prone player role. He's a great RB but he has fumble problems.
quote]

If he's fumble prone then he had fumble more then one time last time..
Old 05-19-2011, 04:34 PM   #365
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1

[quote=mvb34;2042413293]
Quote:
Franchise mode looks fantastic this year. Couple of things:

quote]

If he's fumble prone then he had fumble more then one time last time..
He is fumble prone though. You can't just use one year, you have to look at his entire career thus far.

Lets look at this from a different view, and look at Darrelle Revis. Last year he had a mediocre year. Are we to go ahead and take away his "Shutdown Corner" role because he had one mediocre year? I don't think so. He's still one of the top 3 corners in the league, and he's still "Revis Island", and he's still a complete shutdown corner package.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »