Home

It's Ratings Season: Patrick Peterson Top Rated Madden 12 Rookie

This is a discussion on It's Ratings Season: Patrick Peterson Top Rated Madden 12 Rookie within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-20-2011, 05:21 PM   #33
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: It's Ratings Season: Patrick Peterson Top Rated Madden 12 Rookie

overalls dont matter to me it is the specific ratings that matter

PP7 got a 97 spd rating and that makes me think. Is it because of his 40 time? or is it because of how he played?

First and foremost if it is because of 40 time than Julio Jones needs a 95 spd based on 40 time (it matches up with other WRs who ran the same time)...

If it is because of how he looked when he played I can remember other WRs getting behind him, thus not showing 97 spd. If PP7 was 95 spd i would have no problem but once u hit 97 spd there should be nobody (figuratively) beating u in a footrace down the field

As for 89 man coverage that is a slippery slope man, 86 man is something im ok with but that still is dangerous to give a DB b4 he even reaches training camp. I have seen on espn3 quite a few times where WRs have beaten him but the QB couldnt deliver the ball. if a CB comes in MADDEN as a ROOKIE with 89 man coverage that means that nobody (figuratively) in college can beat you. And thats not the case with PP from GAME FILM that is on espn 3.

And last but not least 90 press. ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!!
as a rookie he is in the top tier of CBs in the league press wise without even playing a game..Thats all i need to say about that in that regard.
ps: Julio Jones (yes i knw im name dropping) beat PPs press pretty decently, although there was 1 time in the 10 game where PP messed Jones up lol. But Jones won the majority of those press battles so if his beat press isnt at least 90 then theres a problem.
---------------------------------------------------------------

But as I said the overalls dont matter to me, i just want the specific ratings to be fair and accurate.

Again let me bring Julio Jones in this and compare him to AJ Green
IDK who is rated higher in overall as long as the key ratings reflect who they are as a player

ACC- Green bests Jones

Top spd- Jones is faster

Agility- Green is shiftier than Jones

Jumping- Jones bests Green

(and no im not intentionally doing opposites each time lol)

Route running- Greens routes are crisper

Catching- Green has better hands (although Jones did have a
broken hand and that needs to be factored in, just dont know how)

Spac catch- equal

catch in traffic- Green

Blocking- Jones trumps Green

Juke- Green barely

Stiff ARM- Julio should come in 90 in this lol, best stiffarm in the nation

spin- who knows, but leaning towards green because of shiftiness

Truck- Jones by far, multiple occasions of him dragging entire defenses, notably LSU..lol

Carry- Equal

STR- Jones

Awareness- Green slightly

Stamina- Dont know

Injury- Green should have better

Toughness- Jones, he was injured alot and played though them

did I miss anything?

But basically my point is to make the player feel like themselves. Green is more technical and jones is more the bruiser. Dont just rate them high because of where they were drafted or because of the NAME. I want whoever to play like they really do. I shouldnt be able to truck defenders with green. At the same time Julio should have a few drops. Jones should be a hand full in the open field because he will punish the defender and break tackles. Green should be a hand full in the open field because he is shifty and has good moves

Now with CBs it is a lil different, You just have to keep in perspective that they havent proven themselves yet as fas as coverage skills. But hit power, catching, jump, and speed is stuff they is concrete. Just make sure you translate it correctly and dont inflate because of the name
Old 05-20-2011, 05:36 PM   #34
Banned

OVR: 8

Ok, ok. But has anyone thought about how the "Dynamic Player" performance will affect these ratings? I want to say I remember reading about a "consistency" rating...not %100.

In the end should be interesting to see how these things play out. ANyone know where all the rookie ratings are?
Old 05-20-2011, 05:42 PM   #35
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbrentonbuck
Maybe I am in the minority here, but I don't think Peterson should be the highest rated rookie. I don't know who should be, but I don't think it is Peterson. Head to Head, Julio Jones was better than Peterson. While Peterson didn't cover Jones on every single play, they were head to head the majority of the time. Jones definitely burned Peterson on more than one occasion.

2010: LSU 24, Alabama 21 fficeffice" />>>
Jones: 10 catches for 89 yards, 1 TD >>
Peterson: 6 tackles, 3 pass breakups>>
> >
2009: Alabama 24, LSU 15 >>
Jones: 4 catches for 102 yards, 1 TD >>
Peterson: 3 tackles, 3 pass breakups>>
> >
2008: Alabama 27, LSU 21 >>
Jones: 7 catches for 128 yards >>
Peterson: 4 tackles, 1 interception>>

I am not saying that Jones should be the top rated rookie. I am saying that Jones was as good if not better than Peterson head to head so Peterson should not be the top rated rookie.

This was just last November when Jones had 10 catches and a TD against Peterson. That doesn't sound like a shut down corner to me.
As an admitted Bama homer, who watched everyone of Julios' snaps and most of Petersons' I can honestly say, that PP7 deserves the higher rating. Probably only by 3 or 4 points though.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2011, 05:58 PM   #36
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by s38s38s
Ok, ok. But has anyone thought about how the "Dynamic Player" performance will affect these ratings? I want to say I remember reading about a "consistency" rating...not %100.

In the end should be interesting to see how these things play out. ANyone know where all the rookie ratings are?
havent been released
Old 05-20-2011, 06:35 PM   #37
Pro

Dbrentonbuck's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaySmooov
Even Darrelle Revis got burned by Randy Moss. Not an indictment of Peterson's coverage skills, but more of the skill of Jones.
But that is my point. I am not saying Peterson is bad. He is obviously the best cb in the draft, but what I am saying is that if you were to rate players so that in a typical game of Madden, if a CB and a WR went head to head 3 times and the results were

WR - 21 catches 219 yards 2 TDfficeffice" />>>
CB - 6 break ups, 1 INT
>>
I would think these guys would be rated equal or the WR would be slightly better than the CB. I am not knocking Peterson in any way other than saying he shouldn't be the highest rated rookie because he was not clearly better than other rookies in the same class head to head.
Old 05-20-2011, 06:45 PM   #38
Pro

Dbrentonbuck's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by WFColonel56
overalls dont matter to me it is the specific ratings that matter

PP7 got a 97 spd rating and that makes me think. Is it because of his 40 time? or is it because of how he played?

First and foremost if it is because of 40 time than Julio Jones needs a 95 spd based on 40 time (it matches up with other WRs who ran the same time)...

If it is because of how he looked when he played I can remember other WRs getting behind him, thus not showing 97 spd. If PP7 was 95 spd i would have no problem but once u hit 97 spd there should be nobody (figuratively) beating u in a footrace down the field

As for 89 man coverage that is a slippery slope man, 86 man is something im ok with but that still is dangerous to give a DB b4 he even reaches training camp. I have seen on espn3 quite a few times where WRs have beaten him but the QB couldnt deliver the ball. if a CB comes in MADDEN as a ROOKIE with 89 man coverage that means that nobody (figuratively) in college can beat you. And thats not the case with PP from GAME FILM that is on espn 3.

And last but not least 90 press. ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!!
as a rookie he is in the top tier of CBs in the league press wise without even playing a game..Thats all i need to say about that in that regard.
ps: Julio Jones (yes i knw im name dropping) beat PPs press pretty decently, although there was 1 time in the 10 game where PP messed Jones up lol. But Jones won the majority of those press battles so if his beat press isnt at least 90 then theres a problem.
---------------------------------------------------------------

But as I said the overalls dont matter to me, i just want the specific ratings to be fair and accurate.

Again let me bring Julio Jones in this and compare him to AJ Green
IDK who is rated higher in overall as long as the key ratings reflect who they are as a player

ACC- Green bests Jones

Top spd- Jones is faster

Agility- Green is shiftier than Jones

Jumping- Jones bests Green

(and no im not intentionally doing opposites each time lol)

Route running- Greens routes are crisper

Catching- Green has better hands (although Jones did have a
broken hand and that needs to be factored in, just dont know how)

Spac catch- equal

catch in traffic- Green

Blocking- Jones trumps Green

Juke- Green barely

Stiff ARM- Julio should come in 90 in this lol, best stiffarm in the nation

spin- who knows, but leaning towards green because of shiftiness

Truck- Jones by far, multiple occasions of him dragging entire defenses, notably LSU..lol

Carry- Equal

STR- Jones

Awareness- Green slightly

Stamina- Dont know

Injury- Green should have better

Toughness- Jones, he was injured alot and played though them

did I miss anything?

But basically my point is to make the player feel like themselves. Green is more technical and jones is more the bruiser. Dont just rate them high because of where they were drafted or because of the NAME. I want whoever to play like they really do. I shouldnt be able to truck defenders with green. At the same time Julio should have a few drops. Jones should be a hand full in the open field because he will punish the defender and break tackles. Green should be a hand full in the open field because he is shifty and has good moves

Now with CBs it is a lil different, You just have to keep in perspective that they havent proven themselves yet as fas as coverage skills. But hit power, catching, jump, and speed is stuff they is concrete. Just make sure you translate it correctly and dont inflate because of the name
This is exactly what I mean. I am not saying Jones should be the highest rated rookie. I am saying no way Peterson deserves to be. He was never able to take Jones out of a game. Jones averaged 7 catches a game against Peterson. So if his press rating is 90 then Jone's release rating should be 95. If his man coverage is 89 then what does that say about Jones? The point is, if you based Jones ratings off of Peterson's ratings, Jones would be at least an 85. I don't think Jones should be rated that high, so that tells me Peterson's ratings are screwy.
Old 05-21-2011, 08:33 PM   #39
MVP

Tengo Juego's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbrentonbuck
This is exactly what I mean. I am not saying Jones should be the highest rated rookie. I am saying no way Peterson deserves to be. He was never able to take Jones out of a game. Jones averaged 7 catches a game against Peterson. So if his press rating is 90 then Jone's release rating should be 95. If his man coverage is 89 then what does that say about Jones? The point is, if you based Jones ratings off of Peterson's ratings, Jones would be at least an 85. I don't think Jones should be rated that high, so that tells me Peterson's ratings are screwy.
Grabbing Julio's statistics vs LSU is not going to highlight an accurate stat for "Julio vs Peterson" as he wasn't always matched up with him, in the '08 and '09 games. But the 2010 match-up definitely was PP7 vs JJ8. And it's not as dominated by Julio as you and WFColonel seem to think.

2008 was their the first match-up, both were Freshman, and the stat line read:
2008: Alabama 27, LSU 21
Jones: 7 catches for 128 yards
Peterson: 4 tackles, 1 interception

2009 was a little different
2009: Alabama 24, LSU 15
Jones: 4 catches for 102 yards, 1 TD(The TD was a 73 yard screen pass that PP7 was not matched up with Julio for)
Peterson: 3 tackles, 3 pass breakups

The announcer actually points out that Julio is matched up against a safety.

They're both freaking stud athletes. There's no arguing that they should both be rated highly, physically. Hell, for all we know Julio is an 81OVR. Their position specific ratings are going to be subjective in discussion, though.

Last edited by Tengo Juego; 05-21-2011 at 08:37 PM.
Old 05-21-2011, 10:23 PM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 3
Man Coverage is way too high for a unproven rookie. Also, I know he's basically the largest cornerback ever, but he never pressed well in college; better off coverage.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »