Home

Phil Frazier is Leaving EA Sports Tiburon

This is a discussion on Phil Frazier is Leaving EA Sports Tiburon within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 06-17-2011, 01:41 AM   #153
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Phil Frazier is Leaving EA Sports Tiburon

Being with EA for 13 years shows he has put in hardwork and effort into the game. Im sure most are appreciative.

Unfortunately, the game has become stale and with the addition of gimmicks year after year and having the same gameplay issues brought up year after year with no resolution have made fans turned off by the franchise. While it looks like the madden franchise is going in the "right direction, only time will tell since we've been hearing this for years.

It will be good to get some new blood and revamp the madden franchise heading into the next generation of consoles. Not much can be done now as we are deep into this generation, but i hope we dont go through another next gen debacle we called madden 2006. After getting hyped by the draft day commercial and finally playing the game months later, that was the beginning of disappointment year after year.

The madden franchise needs a brand new engine that will revolutionize football gaming and hopefully keep all the gameplay adjustments in addition to adding innovating ones. Unfortunately, those hopes were for this generation and it never came to fruition over the past six years.

Focus on game play, physics, realism. Less gimmicks and arcade like game play and features.

Last edited by dkp23; 06-17-2011 at 01:43 AM.
Old 06-17-2011, 01:42 AM   #154
MVP

OVR: 39
Re: Phil Frazier the Latest to Leave EA Sports Tiburon Studio

wtf is happening @ tiburon?
Old 06-17-2011, 01:43 AM   #155
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_larry
This goes to show you how crooked EA Sports is, as soon as somebody takes charge to make the product better, they get rid of them. Probably paid them off to not say anything. EA is all about making money, they don't care about the true fans anymore, they just care about getting more fans, I expect next years game to be on the arcade side. This happens with big bad company's all over America all the time, someone comes in to make a change for the better, then a few month down the road they are gone, because they are making the company loose money.
Ive accepted that this gen of football gaming has been a total waste, gone down the drain, I do not have hope any more that Madden will ever pan out like I thought is would this gen. Ive have no good memories of playing this current gens Madden like I have playing Madden on PS2. Im looking forward to the next-gen of NFL football gaming, and I pray EA does not have an exclusive license, cause I looking forward to other football game developers like the makers of Backbreaker and of course 2k Sports taking over Madden like 2k took over NBA Live.
If I am not mistaken, Phil was the one who left EA, EA didn't kick Phil out....

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2011, 01:46 AM   #156
MVP

OVR: 36

Wow, did I miss a bombshell or what. The one day I'm not on OS, this happens. Insane. Best of luck to Phil, he's a good guy.
Old 06-17-2011, 01:46 AM   #157
Pro

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings
For me it was about doing something different. I worked on one game IP for 10 years. Though there were things we could have done differently in hindsight, I felt like after taking the reins (with Phil) I had gotten the Madden ship at least facing in the right direction of trying to build a true sim and getting away from rings and weapons and virtual trainers and all that other bullsh!t, and I felt like I had a lot more ideas in games that I wanted to try and work on.

Also, define 'respect from the community' lol. A simple search on my name will return nothing but venom, whether it's the mainstream industry giving me no respect because I work on a sports game, or dudes making youtube videos about how I was a liar, or pinning all of the problems in their life on me. I was sick as hell of that sh*t too.
Wow ten years! But wasn't weapons in Madden 08 and just last year gameflow, which was more aim towards casual fans? Well anyway, being a Madden developer comes with both pro and cons. "Guys pinning all of the problems in their life on you" you putting a tad bit much on it. Just like being a player of someone's favorite football team. Sometime's we are extremely hard to please. But sorry to see you guys go but you seem to be landing on your feet so good luck to you.
Old 06-17-2011, 01:50 AM   #158
Rookie

OVR: 3

It won't matter much for Madden 12 but I'm really starting to worry about Madden 13 and forward. Anyhow best of luck in your future job Phil.
Old 06-17-2011, 01:51 AM   #159
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21

AJ will be lead designer in no time.

OS FTW!

Old 06-17-2011, 01:55 AM   #160
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Both Phil and Ian was a big part of Madden12 making this year. Both will be missed alot. Hope they have good luck in both of their lives. Guys thanks alot for the good time. You both will be missed. But I'm sure Madden future is in good hands with Kane699 and Adem working with EA aswell. Yes Phil and Ian are both gone now. But Madden will be good to go for years to come.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »