Home

Madden NFL 12 Review (360/PS3)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 12 Review (360/PS3) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-30-2011, 01:13 AM   #89
Rookie

LoganSf's Arena

OVR: 2
Seems like a step in the right direction, but since Madden 11 didn't get much play time from me last year, I'm going to play my friends Madden 12 for a couple days to see if it warrants dropping $60 on that joint
Old 08-30-2011, 01:18 AM   #90
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64
Re: Madden NFL 12 Review (360/PS3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
Lol, waste of breath. You both are missing the point, but that's okay - it's bound to get lost in translation. For what it's worth, I'm not dogging on EA - I'm simply sick of having to defend them and defend their potential in creating true genuine attempts of the sport I love - not the video game, and if you don't get that there's a difference between those two, then you truly are lost.
So you can't get your point across, and we're lost. Ok.

You basically backpedaled on your OP, then blamed me for not getting your "point"
Old 08-30-2011, 01:31 AM   #91
RF

TheMatrix31's Arena

OVR: 36

Drop the 2k/EA stuff, guys.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2011, 01:31 AM   #92
Hall of Fame

JohnDoe8865's Arena

OVR: 59

I will say that those comparing M12 with Madden 04 and Madden 08 have me scared to death. Madden 04 was a joke with the 70-67 final score, "playmaker controls", Qb cheese running garbage and Madden 08 on next-gen... was quite simply an abortion in a box. I've never hated a game, to this day, with the passion I hate Madden 08. I've bought every Madden since 2001 w/ Eddie George on the cover and I never hated two Madden iterations the way I still hate M04 and M08.

I will eventually try M12 and form my own opinion. But right now, it doesn't "feel" like a 1st day buy. It feels more like a "wait a month and see, maybe catch a sale" game for me.

NFL - Carolina Panthers
NBA - Charlotte Hornets
MLB - Cincinnati Reds
College Basketball - Wake Forest
NCAA Football - Appalachian State
Old 08-30-2011, 01:45 AM   #93
(PS3) Madden 13

mirrored32's Arena

OVR: 18
"I've found that after a few dozen games, the intros have actually become perfectly skippable because they don't offer anything new or exciting after seeing them a few times." do the stats for the QB stuff doesn't that change? if you win another Super Bowl, does that mean it updates that saying "winner of 3 superbowls" instead of 2 for instance?
Old 08-30-2011, 01:46 AM   #94
Rookie

EPtheKING's Arena

OVR: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by EPtheKING
i got season ticket (save your trash talk for your parents) and couldn't play online because it kept kicking me off the EA servers....great.....i just got it and can't play ranked games because it keeps kicking me off the EA servers.....wow......I personally have never ever EVER had a problem with madden but this one is very shady.....why can't I find all the plays and formations in the Pittsburgh playbook???? some of them aren't in there when I try to create my custom playbook.....is it me?!?!?!.....the same thing happens when I try to create my defensive playbook......I'm completely at a loss for words right now....
i still have not been able to play online......
Old 08-30-2011, 01:47 AM   #95
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by illmatic04
joke of the day , 2K sports is one of the worst companies ever that people have had high hopes on time & time again but always failed. Examples? MLB games, NHL games .. the only decent enough game 2K has produced is the NBA game, that's about it
Can't speak to 2K's NHL game. Top Spin is very good. MLB2K has introduced real-time presentation, right-stick pitching, blowout stat presentation (off the top of my head) - all of which influenced The Show in some manner. While the game isn't as polished as The Show, it has helped push videogame baseball forward and is a legitimate option for those that don't like The Show. In fact you can look at most sports games this gen as having brought some significant innovation to the table to help push their respective genres forward (Live with Synergy, for example).

Kinda hard to say the same thing about Madden or NCAA this generation; I can't think of any gameplay innovations Tiburon's brought to the table this generation off the top of my head. The closest thing to innovation was Pro-Tak, which can't be counted because it didn't work as it needed to and was completely abandoned a year or two later. So while the game has been heading in the right direction for years now, it's going to take them bringing true innovation to the table to get the title(s) over the hump imo. Innovation is an area they've been behind most other sports games this generation.

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2011, 01:50 AM   #96
(PS3) Madden 13

mirrored32's Arena

OVR: 18
I would say Madden is a good playable game though feels a bit unfinished. sounds like most years. new features that rock and will be cool though could use some clean up. perhaps a patch can fix somethings? either way it is a buy for me!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »