Home

Madden NFL 12 Review (360/PS3)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 12 Review (360/PS3) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2011, 05:00 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 0
I've been really torn on whether or not I should pick up this game tonight. After reading this review I think I might pass even though my friend's son made it to the NFL this year and I can't wait to see him. There are just way too many issues. I don't want to be a game tester for EA. I don't want to wait for the patches. I want a game that plays the way it's supposed to right out of the box. I understand no game is perfect but with this series I tend to be more annoyed than I should be. Right now I am enjoying NFL 11. It's not a perfect game but it still has some life left in it. I can at least enjoy 11 until 12 drops in price and the glitches are ironed out a bit.

Bottom line, I'm an old-school gamer. I've been playing Madden since 1991. I used to buy games on launch day but I've been burned way too many times. I've learned my lesson. I passed up NCAA 12 and it looks like Madden 12 can wait as well. I hope other gamers will wise up as well. Maybe EA will stop taking their customers for granted.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2011, 05:01 PM   #42
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Madden NFL 12 Review (360/PS3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA1NT401
To each his own....I disagree with your point quite a bit. It's decent...that's my thoughts.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
Do you have the retail version already? Thought your were renting from gamefly?

I get to wait till midnight tonight.
Old 08-29-2011, 05:09 PM   #43
Rookie

B-Lo-Z-Ro's Arena

OVR: 1
If they would just leave out the extra stuff like the ultimate team then can spend their time advancing more into what the game really needs
Old 08-29-2011, 05:10 PM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 0
What's really sad is NFL 2K5 is still the best football video game ever made. I'm not a fanboy. I just go for the better game. EA made a great baseball game and I'm still heartbroken that the MVP series is gone. I liked having choices and 2K sports made the best football game. It's scary to think how great that game could have been in 2011. The fact that 2K5 still gets mentioned 7 years later should say something. Some people say football is the hardest game to recreate. Each sport is unique and has its own challenges when turning it into a video game. EA is just to big for its own good. Bring back the competition and we'll start seeing some great football video games again.
Old 08-29-2011, 05:11 PM   #45
Rookie

Bull_Dozer's Arena

OVR: 5
"The WR/DB interactions are anything but realistic because players don't jockey for position, and there are frequent occurrences of defensive backs actually going straight through wide receivers to make a play on the ball"

Stuff like that absolutely ruins the game for me =(

I feel like those fundamental things should have be perfected long ago.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2011, 05:12 PM   #46
Rookie

Bull_Dozer's Arena

OVR: 5
I hate bringing up 2k5.... but seriously, the WR/DB interactions are still light years ahead of Madden.
Old 08-29-2011, 05:19 PM   #47
MVP

statum71's Arena

OVR: 61
For all the guys who shove aside presentation......

I know (and agree) that gameplay is number one. But its not the only element to a sports game. Thats why every single review I'm seeing about Madden is mentioning how horrible audio and commentary is killing the experience in this title.

So other things besides gameplay do indeed matter.
Old 08-29-2011, 05:22 PM   #48
Pro

wallofhate's Arena

OVR: 8
I agree with your review I think you hit the nail on the head for the most part. I just hope this is a step forward to a huge leap of improvement like other titles.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »