Home

Madden NFL 12 Season in Review

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 12 Season in Review within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-09-2012, 06:58 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 2
Its pointless to even talk about Madden. We all know their game will stay mediocre and hardly improve year after year. They have so many casual gamers and fanboys that get the game regardless if it is good or bad. Unless the impossible happens and EA dramatically improves the game, hardcore gamers shouldn't even waste their time on this game. The only way that developers will be motivated to actually improve the game is if EA gives up the NFL license and 2K makes football games again because then there will be competition.
Old 02-09-2012, 10:41 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 2
Good:

Defensive A.I. got better

Passing game got better.

Bad:

That doesn't really say too much due to the fact that it was horrendous last year.

The disabling of a true hit stick.

Dynamic player mechanic didn't function properly. ( leading to missing wide open wrs or excessive amount of drops or missed tackles.)

Overall player logic at times. (blocking, zone coverage, tackling angles.)

Ugly:

The lack of animations for catches, tackles, movement, OL/DL, WR/DB, an overall physicality.

No real physics system. In regards to momentum, cutbacks, speed, or weight

The over powered cut and chop blocks.

Bad passing angles.

Exploiting broken mechanics in the system was way more affective than having football knowledge or better play calling.

Attributes way to often seem not to even matter.
Old 02-10-2012, 01:42 AM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 0
Hey Armor & Sword -

I really appreciated your take on the game. It sounds like we approach Madden in the same way. I feel like the people who gripe about every little thing go in looking to find the flaws. I just don't go in that way. Anyway, I'm wondering what set of sliders you use to get games that you like. My xbox as been out of commission since July but I just picked up a nice new flat screen and am going to go pick up Madden 12 this weekend.

Owned every Madden up until '11 but I think I'm going to come late to the Madden 12 party. Anyway, if you could let me know what slider set you enjoy I would appreciate it.

Later
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-10-2012, 04:19 AM   #36
Pro

OVR: 33
When the inclusion of a proper working Injured Reserve system stands out as being my favourite new feature in Madden 12 it quickly becomes apparent how, yet again, last years game was another lame annual update.
Old 02-10-2012, 07:00 AM   #37
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Re: Madden NFL 12 Season in Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by packerbacker12
Hey Armor & Sword -

I really appreciated your take on the game. It sounds like we approach Madden in the same way. I feel like the people who gripe about every little thing go in looking to find the flaws. I just don't go in that way. Anyway, I'm wondering what set of sliders you use to get games that you like. My xbox as been out of commission since July but I just picked up a nice new flat screen and am going to go pick up Madden 12 this weekend.

Owned every Madden up until '11 but I think I'm going to come late to the Madden 12 party. Anyway, if you could let me know what slider set you enjoy I would appreciate it.

Later

Sent you a PM.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 02-10-2012, 09:43 AM   #38
Banned

OVR: 10
Madden12 was ok and slightly better than Madden11. Taking out suction tackles, camera angles and intros, we still have the same issues that have plagued this series since next- gen. Honestly after 7 years on next gen and countless pleading from the community, the developers should be ashamed of issues that remain in the game. Lack of true penalties especially pass interference, Challenge system, mirroring of WR/CB, OL/DL interactions, No true Immersion with presentation..etc. These things have held Madden back for years and it's time for these guys too step up and stop with the foolishness. The time with catering too the casual crowd & tournament guys are over. If u can't give us a true simulation style game, then why bring NFL blitz back? Developers, stop with the punch lines and give us what we see on Sunday's, it's more than beautiful graphics and logos. Between the lines are not true NFL football and since u are the only NFL game we can choose from, it's your duty too ensure us as consumers the best replication of the sport. It will be 8 years on consoles with Madden13, enough is enough!!!! SIMULATION or Continue too loose sales every year and u have too find other ways too make up for the looses. SIMULATION football or BUST!!!!!!
Old 02-10-2012, 09:59 AM   #39
Rookie

oilersfanatic's Arena

The ugly
Franchise with Bills, 5 years, no snow.

And the weather was fixed
Old 02-10-2012, 11:28 AM   #40
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilersfanatic
The ugly
Franchise with Bills, 5 years, no snow.

And the weather was fixed
Wow. That sucks.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »