Home

Bring Madden back to PC

This is a discussion on Bring Madden back to PC within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-29-2012, 12:22 AM   #41
MVP

OVR: 22
Re: Bring Madden back to PC

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
Not gonna happen.

Piracy.

:goes to play pirated copy of 07 on laptop:
sure a fraction of it has to do with piracy..but lets be realistic here...it comes down to the demand and quite frankly.. the demand just may not be worth the investment right now..i say right now because madden hasnt been that great in recent years..if and when they get madden polished up and rock'n like it should..they may have enough resources left over to do a quick port job for the PC guys....im just using my own intuition here now..its just my opinion ..but my opinion is the demand is just not there right now. Yeah we got a handful of guys in here wanting it..including myself but believe me..the console demand literally dwarf's the pc demand..i bet my life on it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2012, 12:51 AM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 4

I don't see why EA cant take another jab at the PC Madden market. Release it with Origin, of course!, find graphical medium so a gaming PC isn't required to run the game but without making the visuals crap. Another important thing is to make sure consumers know that there are controllers capable and work just as a console would. EA likes money anywhere they can get it and there is some to be made in the PC market, even though it will never compete with console revenue.

Last edited by Briskin00; 04-29-2012 at 03:55 AM.
Old 01-21-2013, 01:26 PM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 13

Brin Madden 14 back to PC. Worried about disc space? Don't have to worry about that with PC. Worried about loading screens taking too long? Don't have to worry about that because PC is much more powerful and much faster than any of these consoles could ever be.
Next gen console coming are they? PC will be more powerful than those by the time they are launched. There's not much of an excuse not to bring madden and ncaa back to PC than just plain laziness. Most every other sports game is on PC with exception of American football.

At Alabama, our players don't win Heisman Trophies. Our teams win National Championships.-Bear Bryant
Old 01-21-2013, 01:27 PM   #44
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33
Worried about piracy and return on investment.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Old 01-21-2013, 01:45 PM   #45
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
Worried about piracy and return on investment.

Piracy is already an excuse many people proved was only an excuse NOT to make it on PC. You don't see it as a problem on Fifa (EA made game world wide) and NBA series from EA nationally on PC.
Nba 2k has been on PC for years and don't complain about piracy.

All these are are just that, excuses.

At Alabama, our players don't win Heisman Trophies. Our teams win National Championships.-Bear Bryant
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-21-2013, 01:53 PM   #46
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6
Icon4 Re: Bring Madden back to PC

Thinks I love about Madden 2004 on PC:

1) Loading Times are so unbelievably fast. It takes 3 seconds to load a game. Clicking options and buttons respond instantly. It takes less then 1 minute to simulate AN ENTIRE SEASON.. INCLUDING PLAYOFFS. Saving a franchise is instant. You click save and its saved.

2) Using the mouse wheel makes it so much easier to scroll through rosters and stuff

3) You can make your own custom team with custom logos and helmets. Check out this team I made.. the Philadelphia Lava Turtles:

Spoiler

4) There are so many faces. There is like literally about 200 faces in the game. These faces make it so you dont see the same face twice very often. Also you can use any of them when creating a player. How many choices does Madden13 give you? I dont think its that many. Look at this lifelike RG3 I made:

Spoiler

5) You can put your own music as the games soundtrack and I think it will even play it in-game too (since I hear the default soundtrack play sometimes during timeouts and stuff).

6) You can save in-game. This is one of the best features. I save my game after every drive just by habit, so if it freezes I dont have to restart the whole game.

7) You can save replays right to your computer by pressing ctrl+s and simply convert them and upload them to youtube or use them in a video easily. None of that upload to EA Sports World or whatever. I think you can use all the replay controls to.. not just watch it at normal speed from a chosen camera angle.

Ill add more when I think of it!

Last edited by BleedGreen710; 01-21-2013 at 01:55 PM.
Old 01-21-2013, 02:04 PM   #47
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aranor
Piracy is already an excuse many people proved was only an excuse NOT to make it on PC. You don't see it as a problem on Fifa (EA made game world wide) and NBA series from EA nationally on PC.
Nba 2k has been on PC for years and don't complain about piracy.

All these are are just that, excuses.
You said it yourself, it's a worldwide game. A football PC game wouldn't make much noise outside the US. ROI is much different, impact of piracy more significant.

If there is money to be made and it was good business to do so it would be on PC, rather than "laziness" or however else people want to bash EA on a given day.

Old 01-21-2013, 02:18 PM   #48
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
You said it yourself, it's a worldwide game. A football PC game wouldn't make much noise outside the US. ROI is much different, impact of piracy more significant.

If there is money to be made and it was good business to do so it would be on PC, rather than "laziness" or however else people want to bash EA on a given day.

You say 'bashing EA' just because I say it's lazy not to have it on PC. And yet, NBA is all but an American sport and is bought (on PC pretty heavily). This is what is called competition. If NBA series didn't compete on PC, 2k would reap all the profits.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »