Home

Madden NFL 13 Video - Replay Footage and Packers vs. Bears Pre-Game (Pastapadre)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 13 Video - Replay Footage and Packers vs. Bears Pre-Game (Pastapadre) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 04-26-2012, 09:30 AM   #73
Rookie

Bulls321974's Arena

OVR: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
You must be new here.

We see pre-alpha and are told it's pre-alpha.

Then we see the same thing in Beta, and are told it's just beta.

We are told to wait for E3 and then are told E3 is a much older build than they have right now.

We are told to wait for the demo, but it's still almost the same... or at least the core complaints are still there... but it's just the demo.

It's time to wait for the retail copy, but and it is very similar to the pre-alpha, but we are told to wait for a patch or two, or three... and next thing we know Madden 11... I mean 12... I mean 13 is about to come out.

Yet, after all of that, even with the minor improvements here and there, it is still the same game in MANY other ways.

I agree with others that the foot planting in Madden 10 is actually better than Madden 12. I still have M10, M11 and M12 and can compare. While M12 is the best Madden on this generation, and may be one of the best Madden's they have put out, it STILL isn't nearly as good as it could or should be.

I am not asking for the impossible. I am not asking for too much. I am asking for things that have already been done, in other football games.

What has REALLY changed in the game play from Madden 09 to Madden 12?

When I think about it, all I can really point to are options like game speed/sliders, how tackling works has changed, and how run blocking works. Also, the visual presentation was improved last year and looks like it has continued to improve this year.

I can't comment on the passing game, but in motion the game still moves like Madden. It is still choppy and robotic with animations and reactions that don't pass the eye test. Heck ,the QB mechanics are still god awful and unrealistic. I'm sure body language still doesn't really matter. I'm sure a defender who is a complete stop in zone, or going one way can change direction and keep up with a receiver who is running an In route over the middle.

Too many people are happy with the "it's just a video game" line and actually DON'T want more authentic game play. There are people who love how casual and arcade-ish Madden is.
Why should I write all that much when you already did all that for me? That's exactly how I am thinking about the "Madden" topic...
Old 04-26-2012, 09:50 AM   #74
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Madden NFL 13 Video - Replay Footage and Packers vs. Bears Pre-Game (Pastapadre)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LambertandHam
Like the new touches, but "Hello Friends" will become my new "Reese's Peanut Butter Cups" by the third week of the season.
Well it's what he says before every game in real life, so blame him
Old 04-26-2012, 09:56 AM   #75
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

Re: Madden NFL 13 Video - Replay Footage and Packers vs. Bears Pre-Game (Pastapadre)

All I'm going to say is I'm very impressed with what I have seen so far, my expectations were realistic and they have exceeded them by quite a bit. If you pay attention at all to the devs you would have already known that this wasn't the year for physics, they talk about it every interview. They are holding off on physics until they can get it to work the way it should and not end up with us having madden 13 fail videos like we do backbreaker fail or fifa or nba elite fail videos all over youtube.

Once they figure out how to do physics the right way, which no one has really been able to do so far, then you will see them in Madden. Other than that, I think they are doing a great job and have really gone out of their way to work on gameplay this year. The fact that they are doing 2 webcasts for gameplay should prove that, and no it will not just be about kinect, that I guarantee you. You can mark this down and come back June 4th if you want, the monumental change is something else, not kinect.

Here's a conversation I saw about it yesterday between a fan and a community day member

Fan: a day after the hyperbole of "monumental change to gameplay that will blur the line between virtual and reality"?

Shopmaster:Fact, not opinion. Gotta stay tuned June 4th.

Last edited by jpdavis82; 04-26-2012 at 10:01 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2012, 10:05 AM   #76
MVP

noplace's Arena

OVR: 13

I can see what EA is attempting to do in terms of improvements but I have to say player movement and physics still look horrible IMO. I still see sliding and warping, nothing looks fluid & of course player interactions still look bad. This game could be beautiful if EA just figured out how to bring it to "life" it looks and places arcadish & offers nothing organic to be considered a true simulation.

Maybe it will look better at a slower speed… IDK Looks like the same game with just minor improvements to player positioning but with the same sliding, warping, suctioning, robotic game play… Early build? Yes….. Huge changes to retail? Doubt it…. What you normally see is what you’ll get. Its EA

Nebraska Cornhuskers
Washington Redskins
Miami Heat
Old 04-26-2012, 10:11 AM   #77
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by noplace
I can see what EA is attempting to do in terms of improvements but I have to say player movement and physics still look horrible IMO. I still see sliding and warping, nothing looks fluid & of course player interactions still look bad. This game could be beautiful if EA just figured out how to bring it to "life" it looks and places arcadish & offers nothing organic to be considered a true simulation.

Maybe it will look better at a slower speed… IDK Looks like the same game with just minor improvements to player positioning but with the same sliding, warping, suctioning, robotic game play… Early build? Yes….. Huge changes to retail? Doubt it…. What you normally see is what you’ll get. Its EA
I'm not saying you're wrong because based on the past you are right, but this is not what you normally see. Like they said yesterday they usually don't show the game this early in development. Usually the first time we see it is around E3, which is in June.
Old 04-26-2012, 10:28 AM   #78
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Madden 13 Replay Footage and Pre-Game (Packers vs Bears) thanks to Pastapadre

Not much to say about the vid that hasn't already been said. Thanks for saving me some time PG. Much easier to just like everything you said.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultralow36
no one will every give EA any credit ...even when you see such good improvement on a pre alpha. geez lighting up
Quote:
Originally Posted by EAGLESFAN10
@ultralow36 ur right no matter what they do 2 improve the game some people wont accept it

if madden was NFL2K13 and had the same flaws SOME people would be calling it the best game ever just because they see 2K
I see neither of you post here much, but this is the type of passive aggressive, immature nonsense that moves threads towards being locked. Have some respect for people's opinions. If you're happy with the imrpvoements, excellent. But don't insult folks that don't feel the same.

Many here are pretty good at expressing & explaining themselves. I bet if you address someone directly, they'd be happy to tell you why they're not as impressed as you.
Old 04-26-2012, 10:41 AM   #79
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Madden 13 Replay Footage and Pre-Game (Packers vs Bears) thanks to Pastapadre

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
Too many people are happy with the "it's just a video game" line and actually DON'T want more authentic game play. There are people who love how casual and arcade-ish Madden is.
To say that people, here at OS especially, "DON'T want more authentic game play" is simply disingenuous. People don't come here, day after day, for years on end, happy to see the gameplay not measure up to other sports video games that exist.

Still purchasing the game and being able to find some enjoyment in it, as well as not being Terminator-like in relentless critique of the games' flaws, in no way, shape, or form, means that the we don't have the same fervent desire for an exponential improvement in how the game plays.

Yes, some go too far in criticizing the criticizers, but the criticizers often go to far in criticizing those who they think are "settling".

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 04-26-2012, 10:50 AM   #80
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls321974
Could't agree more...
I'm not going to jump to any conclusions after just this, but with the additions of the new dropbacks, re-doing how a QB torques his hips and lower body to throw the ball, I REALLY hope they didn't go away from signature throwing motions. While they weren't perfect, I was hoping they would continue to be tweaked.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »