Home

Madden NFL 13 Video - Gameplay With Jim Nantz and Phil Simms In-Game Commentary

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 13 Video - Gameplay With Jim Nantz and Phil Simms In-Game Commentary within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-27-2012, 06:59 PM   #489
MVP

berad88's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Madden NFL 13 Video - Gameplay With Jim Nantz and Phil Simms In-Game Commentary

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
Most def things were rushed out with bugs, online franchise was also added in with the devs stating their intention of doing what you are describing only to see it go completely ignored for years 2 and 3.

I honestly don't get a very different feeling with Cam than Ian or David. It feels very similar so far. We are waiting for a monumental back of the box new feature to be revealed June 4th that will total change Madden forever, just like online communities last year and gameplanning the year before and pro-tak/online franchise the year before....
I actually like game planning. Keeps me from using plays to often that work to often and makes the game more challenging but yet keeps things not to random. I like having to execute a play that I am given instead of a play that I know will work. Also I don't miss the time spent in cycling through formations and plays. I thought game planning was a cool feature. I still use it so it changed how I play Madden.
Old 05-28-2012, 08:31 PM   #490
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Madden NFL 13 Video - Gameplay With Jim Nantz and Phil Simms In-Game Commentary

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
I think it will be about 60/40 in favor of names. If they say names and then say "he" I'm perfectly ok with that, because that's how it is in real life a lot of times. I'm even ok with them saying numbers as long as they say names right after that because that happens too. I was watching the Pats Steelers game on youtube the other day and Nantz or Simms said "What a great defensive play by 56 Lamarr Woodley". I am not expecting a major improvement in the commentary compared to what we heard in the podcast, I expect it to have some minor tweaks and probably sound a little smoother. If last year's commentary was a 3/10 I would say this years will probably be a 7-7.5/10
One thought that just entered my mind about names being in the game is franchise mode. It made me think about playing franchise last year and how once you got some years in every teams player intro speech was the same and brought back bad memories of Gus Johnson referring to everyone by number.

I wonder if when you're in season 10 if pretty much everyone will be referred to as 'he' and hopefully they'll have more than a couple generic team intros for Nantz and Simms to schpeal on about.
Old 05-28-2012, 09:41 PM   #491
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
One thought that just entered my mind about names being in the game is franchise mode. It made me think about playing franchise last year and how once you got some years in every teams player intro speech was the same and brought back bad memories of Gus Johnson referring to everyone by number.

I wonder if when you're in season 10 if pretty much everyone will be referred to as 'he' and hopefully they'll have more than a couple generic team intros for Nantz and Simms to schpeal on about.
That's what I think the upside is to more "he", "the quarterback" and other generic references, the seamless variety. I think by Madden 14, you have a great library of seamless sounding last names for later Franchise years but you also get variety and depth with the generics in the meantime for Madden 13.

I feel like it might be a matter of preference for M13 because some people pickup on things audibly different than others. However, unless the devs surprise us with a Spectator mode for M13, I will be playing, not watching the games so the generics probably will not bother me much.

Hopefully for those gamers that are more audibly attentive and/or watch games, M13 will have plenty of accompanying player specific visual overlays and camera zooms to help the generic audio seem more personalized.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2012, 11:16 PM   #492
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
That's what I think the upside is to more "he", "the quarterback" and other generic references, the seamless variety. I think by Madden 14, you have a great library of seamless sounding last names for later Franchise years but you also get variety and depth with the generics in the meantime for Madden 13.

I feel like it might be a matter of preference for M13 because some people pickup on things audibly different than others. However, unless the devs surprise us with a Spectator mode for M13, I will be playing, not watching the games so the generics probably will not bother me much.

Hopefully for those gamers that are more audibly attentive and/or watch games, M13 will have plenty of accompanying player specific visual overlays and camera zooms to help the generic audio seem more personalized.
Yeah, "he" rather than numbers is definitely by far the lesser of two evils. So much to the point that it's not even really an evil. And I agree that I think they've got a good foundation to build on now and I think we'll see Nantz and Simms for much longer than we saw Hammond or Gus. The only reason I mentioned the player intro scenes is because when I'm playing franchise I'd be less likely to skip them on my side at least if I was getting something a little bit different each game. June 4th's almost here though so lots of questions should be answered then!
Old 05-29-2012, 12:23 AM   #493
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
Yeah, "he" rather than numbers is definitely by far the lesser of two evils. So much to the point that it's not even really an evil. And I agree that I think they've got a good foundation to build on now and I think we'll see Nantz and Simms for much longer than we saw Hammond or Gus. The only reason I mentioned the player intro scenes is because when I'm playing franchise I'd be less likely to skip them on my side at least if I was getting something a little bit different each game. June 4th's almost here though so lots of questions should be answered then!
I wonder where I've seen laying/building a foundation before. lol j/k.

I happen to agree, here.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »