Home

Sound Off: Has the 'Closed' Nature of Connected Careers Turned You Away?

This is a discussion on Sound Off: Has the 'Closed' Nature of Connected Careers Turned You Away? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 06-13-2012, 03:01 PM   #105
Rookie

AiDub's Arena

OVR: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
Work on your sarcasm... If that was a "joke" it had nothing to do with anything...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2012, 03:02 PM   #106
Rookie

jenglund's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Sound Off: Has the 'Closed' Nature of Connected Careers Turned You Away?

It's a turn off, but I'm willing to give it a shot due to Looman's involvement.

But I tell you what, the mode better work (almost) PERFECTLY. And gameplay better not have any major issues.

If teams are trading players like crazy, or there's weird progression, or a lack of players added to the game in roster updates, or crazy drafting by the CPU, or the mode doesn't work until a December patch, I'll be pretty ticked off.

They are making a big change, so I give them credit for taking the chance. But limiting the way the user can play the game is so annoying. I'm sick of being forced to play games a certain way.
Old 06-13-2012, 03:02 PM   #107
Banned

belucheez2's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsufan4423
Too many other positives to let this completely turn me away.
Seconded

10char
Old 06-13-2012, 03:07 PM   #108
Rookie

OVR: 4
It's a "new" game mode...or I guess more correctly, a collection of what were game modes.

IMO let's see it in a Gold release and to me, it's much more important that it's working right and then they can expand the feature set next release year.
Old 06-13-2012, 03:13 PM   #109
Rookie

Beardown's Arena

OVR: 5

Hasn't turned me away but definitely cooled off my anticipation for August. I love to make the league my league and what I fear the most is some stupid things you will start to see like a QB with the number one or all the rookies coming out with visors, or dreadlocks. I guess I will just have to see how this one plays out but I have grave concerns.
Old 06-13-2012, 03:14 PM   #110
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by AiDub
Work on your sarcasm... If that was a "joke" it had nothing to do with anything...
Is it really hard to understand that with all the things missing, that TO ME, Madden might as well be canceled?

ZOOOOM
Old 06-13-2012, 03:16 PM   #111
MVP

TreFacTor's Arena

OVR: 24

If we weren't at the end of a console generation, I wouldn't be at all concerned with the missing features. I would be willing to ride out the rough times. Problem is I've been riding out the tough times for a long time. I can't speak on the online improvements because I'm an offline franchiser who gets deep into the mode, down to the little detail. I even draft players by the position like my favorite team (this is where the editing comes in) and change their names, numbers, and equipment to match as closely as they do irl. I used all of the features that were stripped out in order to fix whats incorrect or inaccurate.

The worst part is that if I buy 13, I'm stuck with not being able to update it with any other roster than the default one which essentially means a mandatory purchase of 14 if for no other reason than "accurate" rosters. I believe that taking away control from the user is never a good option especially when that was the focus just a year ago. Just last year I was saying, "you know what madden 13 may be the year!"

I'll read the reviews and keep reading... august isn't that far away.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2012, 03:18 PM   #112
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

No. However, I sincerely empathise with those that are.

That said, I believe some people will potentially feel differently once they have actually tried the game, good and bad. Even with the tweets and dev info, there is likely some workarounds to some of these things that the devs have not considered but pragmatic members of the community will. Look at all the times in Madden the devs have said ___ isn't in or the game can't do ___ but then somehow the community reports something different.

I support people that are voicing their displeasure though, so there can be no feigning ignorance of their issues with CCM from EA/Tiburon going forward. I just hope that displeasure gets articulated well so that CCM can be "opened" with more options but not completely scrapped due to misinterpreted or misplaced rejection of change, circa QB vision.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »