Home

Old 08-27-2012, 08:04 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
I hadn't really noticed but I've always used my TEs a lot on Madden.

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide
Old 08-27-2012, 08:15 AM   #18
MVP

Gorilla Glass's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: TE's are a killer

Tight ends are tough and Im having more issues stopping them than in previous versions, but they can be stopped with a double team. I pickedp a guy twice going to Witten. He then quit.

Last edited by Gorilla Glass; 08-27-2012 at 08:17 AM.
Old 08-27-2012, 08:29 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 0

I mentioned this as well in the Gameplay Impressions thread,

The first time I played against NE, I didn't know if I was in a football game or a hospital because Brady was performing surgery on my defense...and I live and play in Baltimore so I know alittle something about that word.

As others have mentioned, added with the ability to place the ball where you want to the fact that neither SS's or LB's can cover the good TE's and you have an unstoppable machine. I've found corner routes especially frustrating, because even if you play a variation of the Cover-2, the SS won't get over enough once the TE makes his cut. Same with the 5-yard outs and all.

Now I know teams have trouble in RL covering these guys but did you all watch the AFC Championship game last year? Yes, we lost to the Pats but those boys Gronk and Hernandez (more so Gronk) were pretty much none factors so it's possible to devise a gameplan to stop them. It's just figuring exactly how on a consistent basis that's the problem, and with the multiple formations that the Pats playook can throw out, by the time you get something in place, you're left behind on the scoreboard...did I mention they also have those guys Welker and Branch?

I love the fact that not everyone can cover everyone anymore unlike past Maddens but so far I'm leaning toward the side of this is a bit too one-sided...opinions?
Old 08-27-2012, 05:10 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 15

The uncoverable TE issue is gonna be HUGE this year.

Allowing TE's free releases this year is gonna spell doom, i can already tell.

Combine this with the lack of pressure you get from a 4-man rush and it almost automatcially eliminates the use of zone coverage.

Just give it a couple of days after release and it's going to really be exposed, once the online and user vs. user games get started.

Last year you could manually bring over a LB or DB/S to put them in better position to cover, and atleast slow down the TE once he comes off the line. That's a little tougher this year because players auto reposition, to prevent nanos.

In 13 with the new passing, if you don't manually press the TE using RB or atleast slow down the TE's release off the line.....you got a BIG problem.

Essentially, it comes down to using manual press and/or ALOT of man coverage across the board. And of course crossing your fingers....

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »